• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Soccer Cup 2021 Event

qaccy

Emperor
They are probably complete losers. Unless you're in the IA. Or your city is built up with lvl 2 ritual flames. Then I would like to ask, what do you play in this game? except for the green finger in the event history
I've got odd priorities for sure! Like occasionally winning on defense; I've built a wall around my city of alternating Watchfires/Ritual Flames, Tactician's Towers and Sentinel Outposts (I don't ignore offensive army boosts at least). I also have every GB built in my main (now only) city including the bad ones because I want to have them all! I'm also in SAAB about to jump up to SAV. Game's about having fun and these things are fun for me :D

lordwasa

Regent
Community Manager
This is a feedback thread regarding an event.
You can share your disappointment in the kind of boost that the Grand Prize has.
But if you want to discuss why you think that a bonus for your defense army is useless, please make a thread in the designated part of the forum.

Owl II

Emperor
I've got odd priorities for sure! Like occasionally winning on defense; I've built a wall around my city of alternating Watchfires/Ritual Flames, Tactician's Towers and Sentinel Outposts (I don't ignore offensive army boosts at least). I also have every GB built in my main (now only) city including the bad ones because I want to have them all! I'm also in SAAB about to jump up to SAV. Game's about having fun and these things are fun for me :D
The good thing about FOE is everyone can find their own game here. Do you like the green finger in the event history? Yes, you can play like this. Sit in the same age for many years. Attack everyone in a row in the hope of someone retaliating. Build ritual flames. Why not? But the devs have convinced us more than once that FOE is a team game. And they even made some gameplay for it. Team play does not involve building a city defense. This is not involved in any way at all. It's one thing when you personally mine and build signal / ritual flames. Another thing is when everyone, without exception, was not given a choice. Either eat what you don't need, or go without a prize. It's... It's not fair to the players

You can share your disappointment in the kind of boost that the Grand Prize has.
But if you want to discuss why you think that a bonus for your defense army is useless, please make a thread in the designated part of the forum.
There is disappointment in the Grand Prize because the bonus for the defense army is useless. Were the defense something real in the game, less people would be disappointed. I don't think we can discuss the Abbey without discussing how useful or useless its main bonus is.

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
But why wouldn't we be able to discuss why we feel like what the bonuses offering on the
grand prize ain't worth it or being disappointing? I mean if it's discussed the
problem will become better understood and thus the dev. Team could resolving that
problem. Although I must admit I don't think te balance in this game can be obtained again nor
they'll be able to giving any meaning to defensive bonuses anymore.

--------

Anyways about what use the grand prize is, as we should not acknowledge the lack of
usefulness of the provided bonus. In many games in general the bonus that offers the
least benefit, or effectiveness tends to be less popular.

An good practical example is an wildly
different type of game. In this game guilds could fight each other. The defendants won
if their final defence line wasn't breached within the time limit. This time was 10 minutes,
starting as soon the offenders opent their offence. Defeating 1 part of the defensive lines
reseted this timer. So, strategical most opted for developing the least subsettable. To
understand why this worked I need to explain how it worked. In that game there where 2
kinda of weapons: 1 could be used against NPC's and players, the other only against
players. This caused most players to develop the first more than the other.
Similar thing is happening here. Offensive bonuses are extremely diversifiable. The lack of
meaningful and beneficial usage on the defensive bonuses.* The PvE arena and GvG
are both a kinda but not really meaningful usage for this bonuses. And yeah it's suppose
to benefit the owner during the NB fights when he/she's under attack. Although it's a joke due
to the lack of additional meaningful usages for this bonuses. Only way I can see this bonuses
becoming relevant is when a meaningful usage
can be found, invented or invented and created
for this game. In that other game those
secondary weapons had at least a usage which
was mutually beneficial. In this game it's simple not. GvG is failing and can be ignored, PvE
can give it a slight benefit over less developed opponents but most of the times its purpose
is self defeating. As most neighbours can breach defence regardless of bonuses and in
PvE it's the same story. This is why this grand prize is disappointing.

*Sorry for naming and thus acknowledging my
disaffection about defensive bonuses specific,
couldn't avoiding it for making my point

Shortens feedback grand prize
In short and complied to the wish not acknowledging the specific bonuses this
grand prize provides. The benefits it offers are mostly lacking meaningful benefits for players,
it's size ain't doing it any favours. Powercreep
is also negatively affecting this grand prize.

Quistnix

Farmer
Is it just me, or are more people missing tickets from the event quests? I received the energy drinks, but not the tournament ticket three times so far.

Last edited:

esoterism

Squire
Please keep this thread limited to questions and feedback about the Soccer cup.
If you want to discuss the efficiency of attack and defence armies, please create a thread here.
Each time someboy wish to give a negative feedback here, there is this so called "community manager" that says this is not the place to do this comment.
I am totally fed up with the reaction of this gentleman.
Let the member of this COMMUNITY express what they feel instead of reinstoring Gestapo into this forum.

Julian24

Viceroy
Each time someboy wish to give a negative feedback there is this so called "community manager" that says this is not the place to do this comment.
I am totally fed up wih the reaction of this gentleman. Let the member of this COMMUNITY express what they feel instead of reinstoring Gestapo into this forum.
Have you even read, what you quoted? Where do you read, that @lordwasa wrote, that they don't want negative feedback? He just wrote, that if we want to discuss the usefulness of city defense in general, we have to do it somewhere else. You can still write, that you don't like, that the building gives bonuses for the city defense or any other negative feedback.

esoterism

Squire
Have you even read, what you quoted? Where do you read, that @lordwasa wrote, that they don't want negative feedback? He just wrote, that if we want to discuss the usefulness of city defense in general, we have to do it somewhere else. You can still write, that you don't like, that the building gives bonuses for the city defense or any other negative feedback.
I say that because we if we discuss of the adequacy of city defense in general here, we will have not such a comment !
Let the people say what they wish to say :
This building event is totally useless [full point]

qaccy

Emperor
In a nutshell, the only feedback that the devs should take into consideration is that every building and GB added to the game from now on should provide both FP and offensive military bonuses. If it doesn't do both (or worse, neither) then it's 'useless'. Don't even bother putting anything besides these two bonuses on buildings anymore. Players on the forum only care about these two things.

Owl II

Emperor
In a nutshell, the only feedback that the devs should take into consideration is that every building and GB added to the game from now on should provide both FP and offensive military bonuses. If it doesn't do both (or worse, neither) then it's 'useless'. Don't even bother putting anything besides these two bonuses on buildings anymore. Players on the forum only care about these two things.
No. The game is currently built so that all the necessary resources are unprofitable (and uninteresting) to grow in the city. FP are useful. Supplies are useful. Even medals are useful. But it is easier to take it not from buildings, but by investing in GB, using the chateau or fighting. Mostly fighting. What we need for the fights? That's right, we need an attack bonus, units, and maybe goods to the treasury. It wasn't the players who made it up. The players just use it. And they want the developers to be consistent. Let them come up with points why we should want to build a defense of the city. Then there will be no negative feedback about the only (no choice) main prize that gives it. We will all desire for the bakery and this abbey.

Last edited:

lordwasa

Regent
Community Manager
I say that because we if we discuss of the adequacy of city defense in general here, we will have not such a comment !
Let the people say what they wish to say :
This building event is totally useless [full point]
As @Julian24 said correctly, we do not silence you.
This is a feedback/question thread about the event where you are free to share your dismay about the bonus of the new grand prize and I will make sure that it gets forwarded to our game developing team.
However if you want to discuss how ineffective the city defense is, this is not the right thread for this, but this thread for example. The feedback in that thread will also be forwarded to our developing team, but as it are two complete different subjects, the discussion in those threads need to be confined seperately in the right threads.
If there is no order on the forum and all discussions are being held in the wrong threads/forums, I cannot effectively forward your feedback which would be the real shame.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
I cannot effectively forward your feedback which would be the real shame.
At the same time, without criticizing yourself, is this feedback still useful?
I very rarely see reviews / advice applied by developers.

Like the future colony, the Mughals, I have not found this suggestion once in 5 different communities.
The closest is here, the Vedics, but it's 2,000 years after the Mughals!

Just like the bugs on the GB FI, which was installed on the lives before corrections.
So yes, you have made tiny changes to its rewards but very far from all the suggestions made.

So @lordwasa I'm wondering if the info got back to the developers or / and if they have anything to do with it.

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
@DEADP00L don't forget the GB content on Beta forum from 2017, we are 4yrs later now. Only
few that came back where; Orbital defence platform (Virgo project is a modified version), Terracotta
Army and Greenwich Royal Observatory (star gazer is a modified version).
I know it's slightly off topic but definitely in line with the general question, how much is done with
our feedback and how seriously are the ideas and suggestions taken into account forwarded from
contents... the last two space ages didn't get anything from the content and the winning idea is
already 4 years catching dust.

I wish there were some more interesting bonuses that main buildings could have, something different than the usual attack/FP/coins/supply/medals. I'd like more troop buildings like the dojo/villa! A building that acts like AO with a fixed % rate? A new type of unit like rouge/champ that the first attack bounces off/can hit a hidden enemy/super effective against artillary+super range/ext. A building that gives a fixed amount of special goods of that age or medals if below AF?

Get creative inno!