• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Soccer Cup 2021 Event

Owl II

Emperor
Any fighter manages, in GbG, to cross a defense with 2 waves of at least the double defensive bonus than his offensive bonus.
On average, players have 2-3 times more% attack than defense.
In view of these observations, it is futile to try to defend your city, especially since if you harvest on time, you have nothing to gain.

For% defenses to become attractive, it would require a major overhaul of the defense system.
By multiplying the defense values by 5, the fighting would already be more balanced and would offer a real choice in the management of his city.
Yes, but they will also need to give players reason to build defenses. They need to remove GBG, GE, and other features of the game, so that we go back to beating the neighbors out of boredom!

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
I think this is more an attempt to making the PvE tower more. Although defence bonuses
ain't helping that much anyways, or the otherway around and the PvE tower is an
attempt to making defensive bonuses kinda relevant/useful again. Either way I don't really
see an reason to build except for the fps.

Quoras

Merchant
What wonders me: Inno is a company that wnats to make profit. If they make a bad event building, doesn't that decrease their profit from events (gems bought/spent)? Or is this new mechanic leading to a good ratio on gems into kits? Because the main building is trash compared to other stuff :(

LastWarrior

Regent
City defence is fine just make the defenders attack the units first and not the rogues, that would at least give defenders a chance

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
What wonders me: Inno is a company that wnats to make profit. If they make a bad event building, doesn't that decrease their profit from events (gems bought/spent)? Or is this new mechanic leading to a good ratio on gems into kits? Because the main building is trash compared to other stuff :(

They've sorta spoke on this long ago when they used to actually talk to us ;) Not every event is intended to have an amazing prize for everyone. Some events are intended to be more appealing to people new to the game who don't have much yet for instance. And I'm quite sure this item will appeal to some of them.

The numbers on the FP will likely also put it in the range where intermediate players should also be happy to build the free one.

Longstanding players might just choose to focus on hippodrome specials (either more FP track for their hippodrome from last year, or more carceres for defense for attacking army boost) or sentinel outposts assuming they make an appearance.

Dessire

Regent
even if they change how defenses works, most players do not plunder other players. change the system to improve defenses is not enough for most player to make them say "hey! I think it could be a good idea increase my defenses now". Build defenses is almost useless in this game, it only let you earn some ranking points and that's it. if you collect on time, you can't be plundered, so there is no way that the system could be changed in such way to make most players build more defensive buildings like ritual flames. With that being said, defensive bonus in the new event building is like a decoration, It could be easly deleted and the building will still being the same.

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
defense in this game is a joke
tell me any game where the attacker would win 100% of his attacks when both side would have the same stats
(even with a much worse attack values the attacker wins most of his battles)

in a good balanced game both sides would win about 50% if both sides are equal
(plus a little variance because result would be based on luck)

Owl II

Emperor
10 FP and 25 goods on 20 squares is not bad for a beginner who did not have time to build up the city with something worthwhile. Others will give the grand prize straight to the AD. And they'll buy mate from him

qaccy

Emperor
I don't mind defense boosts because occasionally I successfully defend. Is it every time? Nope. Most of the time I don't even get plundered when someone breaks through even if I have stuff sitting out. But for me it's about seeing that occasional green thumb in my event history. No gameplay benefit to it, but it sure feels good to me!

lordwasa

Regent
Community Manager
Please keep this thread limited to questions and feedback about the Soccer cup.
If you want to discuss the efficiency of attack and defence armies, please create a thread here.

Owl II

Emperor
I don't mind defense boosts because occasionally I successfully defend. Is it every time? Nope. Most of the time I don't even get plundered when someone breaks through even if I have stuff sitting out. But for me it's about seeing that occasional green thumb in my event history. No gameplay benefit to it, but it sure feels good to me!
They are probably complete losers. Unless you're in the IA. Or your city is built up with lvl 2 ritual flames. Then I would like to ask, what do you play in this game? except for the green finger in the event history