• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: Sniper Range

DeletedUser

World:
Dunarsund

Browser and Version:
1.06.16248 (18.07.2013 14:57), falcon93 (51017), zz1, en_US, WIN 11,8,800,97, Windows 7, Chrome/28.0.1500.72, 1280x923

Overview of the bug:
The snipers range is 12 squares when veiwing in the army management window, however, when in battle, the range is only 8 squares.

Screenshots:

XC8k3H4.png
l1MsFfW.png

How often this occurs:
Every time.

Urgency:
6 of 10. Snipers can't use their full range. This will affect many battles in a bad way.

Preventative Actions:
None.

Summary:
In the army managment window, the snipers tooltip says that the snipers range is 12 squares, when in battle, the snipers tooltip says 8 squares, and the snipers range is only 8 squares.

I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported:
Searching for "sniper range" did not return any results.

Have you tried fixing it by using these methods?:
Yes, without success.

DeletedUser

PA battlefield is said to be 1.5x bigger, so all values are off by 1.5 on the field. It is confusing tho, esp since the movement value is not changed as well on the tooltip, what I think is the real bug here. Why could they not just add 1.5x more hexes and make units smaller or smth..

edit: but damn those bonuses are huge tho..so let's say jäger shooting a sniper in the woods couple of tiles away and sniper will have 30+40+50+40 equals 160 defense, even before any GB etc bonuses..woah. RL wise it would make sense tho, go try and hit a sniper hidden away far in the woods :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser47

PA battlefield is said to be 1.5x bigger, so all values are off by 1.5 on the field. It is confusing tho, esp since the movement value is not changed as well on the tooltip, what I think is the real bug here. Why could they not just add 1.5x more hexes and make units smaller or smth.

Adding more hexes won't work as the available space on which stuff can be shown is limited due to viewport size restrictions. The movement value is not changed as the available movement points don't change but the movement costs for the terrain tiles.

Does "Dug in" mean 2 spaces for any map terrain? Or would it turn into 3 spaces if we're fighting on a normal map?

As the dug in skill is only available for PE units you will have always the new battle map.

DeletedUser

Bug or not, please this problem must be fixed :) This thing with the "new map scale 1:1.5" is just really, really confusing. It has not even been released yet and atleast 3 people or more has been confused. I can just imagine when it reaches the other servers.

In later ages as you'd propably need to scale it even more. At some point, you'll end up giving Mounted Archers a range of 2 and grenadiers will have a range of 1 (in battle). This will just be really confusing and as you see, it won't work.

Yes, making the grid larger will not fit within the viewport, but the city does not fit within the viewport aswell. So why not implement the same solution that you use for the city view, but implement it for the battle view? :)

Click + Drag would allow you to scroll the battle view in the exact same way as you do in the city view.
Clicking once would move the current unit to that square (or attack).

This improvement will even allow you to expand the grid even more, without having loads of players that are confused.

Could you please consider implementing this? It would be a great improvement :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

As the dug in skill is only available for PE units you will have always the new battle map.

Dug In is a skill for all Long Range units from Cannon onward. I believe it is still two spaces on a normal map, though I did not think to check.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
I can confirm that it is two spaces on a normal map, so if there's any re-scaling it would be done on the PE map. Have no way of testing it on a PE map though.

DeletedUser

Adding more hexes won't work as the available space on which stuff can be shown is limited due to viewport size restrictions. The movement value is not changed as the available movement points don't change but the movement costs for the terrain tiles.

I meant more like you have an option to drag around in battlefield or better, just zoom out with all the units and hexes/units becoming little smaller, both options you choose whichever you prefer. Some graphics work needed to make things look still proper when zoomed out, but overall smaller hexes field should hopefully not bother too much players who have already been operating that same kind field for for 6+ months till reaching PE. The way it is right now is just causing all kinds of problems and confusion. I like to think designers in this game are fairly intelligent people, so I'm sure they be seeing this solution and the direction it is going as not a good one they could be satisfied with, it's just a very very poor fix solving it like this. Something better has to be thought of.