• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: Side quests disappeared [44861]

DeletedUser8471

I am not convinced this is a bug to be honest. First off there is no mechanic that guarantees a player will always have recurring quests available. It is possible to not have any until a new trigger is met, and it is also possible to have more than one.
I will bring this up again tomorrow, but so far this has not looked like a coding issue so far.

So from my understand of how the Side Quest and Recurring Quests work is that progressing in the Main Story Quest, unlocking new technologies, or completing Continent Map Provinces (or sectors or scouting new sectors) are all possible events that will trigger a new Side Quest. When you run out of Side Quests then the Recurring Quests appear and take over in place of them, until of course an event happens that will trigger a new Side Quest. After choosing to complete or abort the Side Quest then Recurring Quests once again appear.

From what I am understanding by everyone's posts here is that they had a Recurring Quest active, finished that quest and nothing took the place of it. If they had triggered a new Side Quest that should have appeared in place of it, but this does not appear to be such a case. I haven't had time to log into Beta much in the past few weeks but will do so here after finishing this post to confirm that is what they mean.

DeletedUser8471

Okay so I just tried to recreate this issue. What I found is that completing a recurring quest did not make them disappear.

Then I completed a Story Quest (Aquire West-Nagach), and my recurring quest disappeared and no Side Quest appeared to take over for it, but a new Story Quest appeared. Tried closing and re logging and still ONLY a Story Quest shown in the tab.

So I completed that Story Quest and then the recurring Quests re-appeared, along with the Story Quest for the Oracle of Delphi. Abortion Recurring Quests made more reappear, and completing a Story Quest for the Oracle of Delphi Quest Line did nothing to harm the Recurring Quests reappearing. I did not complete any other Quests aside from the 3 listed (and 1 recurring quest to spend 15 forge points).

I have taken Screenshots to show what I mean if you would like me to post them here. Also note that the only "progress" I did other than the quests listed was spending 15 forge points for the RQ, and Negotiating the West-Nagach Province. Nothing else has been touched.

Can anyone who has had this issue confirm if completing an additional Story Quest will trigger the Recurring Quests/Side Quests to reappear?

Andi47

Overlord
I am not convinced this is a bug to be honest. First off there is no mechanic that guarantees a player will always have recurring quests available. It is possible to not have any until a new trigger is met, and it is also possible to have more than one.
I will bring this up again tomorrow, but so far this has not looked like a coding issue so far.

I had this (or a similar) issue recently - I was doing recurring quests (I am at the end of OF part 4 and have finished the campaign map), and suddenly I did not get a new recurring quest. After reloading I got the new recurring quest.

...and sometimes the event questgiver is still disappearing. Also in this case reloading helps.

Manganite

Merchant
[QUOTE="Mek2, post: 54122, member: 8

From what I am understanding by everyone's posts here is that they had a Recurring Quest active, finished that quest and nothing took the place of it. If they had triggered a new Side Quest that should have appeared in place of it, but this does not appear to be such a case. I haven't had time to log into Beta much in the past few weeks but will do so here after finishing this post to confirm that is what they mean.[/QUOTE]
Describes exactly what happened to me.

DeletedUser8063

[QUOTE="Mek2, post: 54122, member: 8

From what I am understanding by everyone's posts here is that they had a Recurring Quest active, finished that quest and nothing took the place of it. If they had triggered a new Side Quest that should have appeared in place of it, but this does not appear to be such a case. I haven't had time to log into Beta much in the past few weeks but will do so here after finishing this post to confirm that is what they mean.
Describes exactly what happened to me.[/QUOTE]

To me as well. I didn't get any new side quest either, the recurring just disapeared without nothing taking its place. Maybe it is connected to the oracle of delphi questline, since i never got it. But it was said in the announcement only players up to mid Iron Age would get it, and since i'm right at the end I didn't expect to get it. I would rather not do any of the 2 quest i have up, as they will require me to move into EMA, which is something I don't want to do at this moment unless absolutely necessary, so it would be great if Inno could verify this issue and let us know.

LadyHecate

Marquis
I've got a guild member who raised the same issue yesterday too! They're in Iron Age with no intention of leaving it and have been doing the recurring quests daily. Suddenly, after completing one, the recurring quests disappeared and have not returned.

Manganite

Merchant
I've got a guild member who raised the same issue yesterday too! They're in Iron Age with no intention of leaving it and have been doing the recurring quests daily. Suddenly, after completing one, the recurring quests disappeared and have not returned.

I'm in the iron age, too

DeletedUser8544

yes, it seems that this issue affects only iron age ppl on beta.

Andi47

Overlord
We found the problem and are working to fix it. Thanks for all the details everyone posted.

Not sure whether I understood the starting post correctly - is this the same bug (recurring quests sometimes disappear and need a reload to bring them back)?

3rd_recurring_quest_disappeared.jpg

1.113.a4237f5d11 (17.10.2017 15:22), Andi47 (73349), zz1, en_US, WIN 27,0,0,170, Windows 10, Chrome/61.0.3163.100, 1920x949, OpenGL (336 MB VRAM)

Edit: why is the image not shown?

direct link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wgs99o3pcsr4nn5/3rd_recurring_quest_disappeared.jpg?raw=1

edit: another try:

Edit2: Bug in the forum? I just see the opening img tag, but no image. Until yesterday it worked to replace the "?dl=0" in dropbox links with "?raw=1", but now.... nothing?

Edit3: yet another try:

edit4: and again just showing the opening img tag??

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Yes I think this is part of the same issue @Andi47 . I think it is related more to a 3rd quest slot issue than specific quests, but that is just specualtion on my part until I confirm it.

Andi47

Overlord
Well, yesterday it was two or three times the "gather 16k*) happiness" quest which got stucked/disappeared. And I have the impression, that it's often this quest if the 3rd slot stays empty.

*) not sure whether it is 12k or 16k - I mean the respective recurring quest in oceanic future. Possible this one is the first (or the last) in the loop / list at the back end?

sirblu

Baronet
Naitor, FYI for you in the future: There a varying types of quests listed under the "STORY" tab. They are "story", "side", "bonus", and "recurring". Each is clearly labeled on the dark brown banner. Such as "Build Frame Houses (Side Quest)" or "Talk To The People (Story Quest)"

But you and I are both in the latter part of IA and I have no "Recurring Quests" either but I'm not sure I should have them in Iron Age ... hmm?
Iron Age has an entire set of recurring quest - however, if you do them all then I am not sure others pop up to take their place. I think you get different side quest.