• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: Side quests disappeared [44861]

DeletedUser8544

hi,
i cant see the side quests anymore. After finishing the one i had taken yesterday the next one didnt appear. I have cleaned cache, i have reconnected and i have tried a different browser but the problem remains.
i have this problem only on beta, side quests are working for me on the live servers.

Player name: naitor
World: Beta
Browser: chrome and firefox (both up to date)

DeletedUser8489

Hi, friend Naitor. Side Quests don't live forever. You run out of them eventually. After moving up an age you will probably get a new set.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8063

i think I am having the same problem. It is not the side quests that disapeared, its the recurring quests. and those shouldn't have disapeared as I didn't do anything to trigger anything new, and I still only have the same story quest and bonus quest i had before the recurring quests disapearing
Player: cat the vengeful
world: beta
browser: chrome (latest)

i opened a ticket about this in game nearly 12h ago... still waiting for any kind of reply... how long does it usually take to have an answer on beta, does anyone know?
thanks

DeletedUser8544

i have opened a tickets too hours ago but nobody's there. On live server the response time is about 10-15mins.
I m all day without side quests and nobody said even a hi :/

DeletedUser8489

naitor please clarify: side quests or recurring quests?

DeletedUser8360

Definitely having the same issue with recurring quests. They simply disappeared :(

DeletedUser8544

I cant really tell the difference. It is the same quest line that starts as story quests and then become recurring quests.
I have search forums and wiki and and i found nothing about that they end at some time.
The only thing i found is that "Therefore, if you reject a specific quest, you will get another to replace it."

DeletedUser8360

Those are the "recurring" quests naitor. They should not be gone!

DeletedUser8489

Naitor, FYI for you in the future: There a varying types of quests listed under the "STORY" tab. They are "story", "side", "bonus", and "recurring". Each is clearly labeled on the dark brown banner. Such as "Build Frame Houses (Side Quest)" or "Talk To The People (Story Quest)"

But you and I are both in the latter part of IA and I have no "Recurring Quests" either but I'm not sure I should have them in Iron Age ... hmm?

DeletedUser8544

LoCee it is not exactly as you say. There are 3 quest line, story, bonus and side quests. Side quests become recurring quests after you loop through all of them. And it is the same in any world i play, not only beta.
In this side/recurring quest lines there are some special quests (according you progress in the game) that may not be available again if you skip them. The rest, the "standard set", will re-appear in an endless loop. Nowhere it is saying that the end.

DeletedUser8489

LoCee it is not exactly as you say. There are 3 quest line, story, bonus and side quests. Side quests become recurring quests after you loop through all of them. And it is the same in any world i play, not only beta.
In this side/recurring quest lines there are some special quests (according you progress in the game) that may not be available again if you skip them. The rest, the "standard set", will re-appear in an endless loop. Nowhere it is saying that the end.
okay, I should have said "bonus" instead of "special". I will correct that. Maybe you can post a link where it says "side" quest become "recurring" quests? (just a case of semantics here I think

(edited)

But, all else aside, it appears that folk seem think their recurring quests are disappearing. When did this start to happen?

DeletedUser8277

okay, I should have said "bonus" instead of "special". I will correct that. Maybe you can post a link where it says "side" quest become "recurring" quests? (just a case of semantics here I think)
I am pretty sure that some of the early ages DON'T have "recurring" quests I have been searching and have found no references yet to "recurring" quests in the IA. So I don't know ...

But, all else aside, it appears that folk seem think their recurring quests are disappearing. When did this start to happen?
http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Recurring_Quests All ages have recurring quests. Once you finish or abort side quests you are given the recurring quests, hence side quests becoming recurring quests.

DeletedUser8063

I have been in IA for weeks now, and doing recurring quests everyday (several a day in fact), so they do exist in IA. Mine disapeared this morning, after I completed the last one I had up. Usually another comes, but this time it didn't. I placed a ticket straight away, and I am still waiting for a reply

DeletedUser8489

I found the page on recurring quests ... finally ..
http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Recurring_Quests

I should have recurring quests for IA currently, but am just showing 'story" and "side" quests for EMA. Even though I have done absolutely nothing to trigger EMA quests. How Strange. I thought I had just run out of IA quests .... it didn't dawn on me that something weird was going on

DeletedUser8489

I have been in IA for weeks now, and doing recurring quests everyday (several a day in fact), so they do exist in IA. Mine disapeared this morning, after I completed the last one I had up. Usually another comes, but this time it didn't. I placed a ticket straight away, and I am still waiting for a reply
Mine must have disappeared almost a week ago then, if I ever got them, because that is how long I've had the EMA quests up.

DeletedUser8544

That's exactly what happened to me Cat.
LoCee, i m in IrA and i also get some EMA side quests sometimes. I m not sure but i think that this started by the time that the first EMA technology was available. So i thought that this is normal. Normal but still a bunch of unattendable quests that i m not sure that i will get again. This feature needs more clarification.

Anyway, the important thing now is that something is going wrong with story/recurring quests. And it is quite annoying that all we that have this issue have been ignored for the whole day.

DeletedUser

I am not convinced this is a bug to be honest. First off there is no mechanic that guarantees a player will always have recurring quests available. It is possible to not have any until a new trigger is met, and it is also possible to have more than one.
I will bring this up again tomorrow, but so far this has not looked like a coding issue so far.

DeletedUser8063

@zarok, I didn't do anything that would lead to stop having those quests. they have been available in every single age until now. it seems, from the players posting here, that this is affecting Iron age players only, so maybe they have made a change that IA players don't have access to these quests anymore, but there is nothing about it in the changelog, and it has been working fine until this morning
I didn't get any new story or side quest, I didn't do anything on the map, or on the tech tree. I have had the same story and bonus quest for weeks now, and they never prevented me from doing recurring quests.
If they have made a change that removed recurring quests from IA players, they should let us know about it. I just build a Chateau Frontenac, based on the ability to do these quests, and now they are gone, and my ticket has gone unanswered all day
Just let us know if this is intended and the quests have been removed, or a bug

DeletedUser8544

if this can help, i have another account in iron age on a live server that doesnt have this issue. That account is older than this one and more time in iron age. Also nobody has reported this issue on any other server, so it seems to be a beta server issue.
The last thing i did before side quests disappear was to cleam my reward (from the side quest i had from the previous day) and it was a blueprint. After that the side quests disappeared.