• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Not A Bug: Shrines/Sacred Sky Watches

Amy Steele

Regent
Hi Darth Vader The Mighty, thanks for your report! So we can check this out, could you please let us know what you mean by 'Shrines'? Are you referring to Shrines of Knowledge, Shrines of Awe, Shrines of Inspiration or all 3?

Amy Steele

Regent
Thank you Darth Vader The Mighty, I thought that would be the case, but I wanted to be sure before replying. The latest information I can find is from January 2018, and as far as I am aware the Aid order has not changed since then. Here it is:

Added the Hall of Fame to the Aid priority formula. The order now goes: FP > Goods > Medals > Blueprints > Hall of Fame

As you can see, FPs are first on the list, so on that basis, Sacred Sky Watch and Shrine of Knowledge would be the same priority, as they both produce the same amount of FPs. Therefore it would most likely be random as to which gets motivated first, and it's possible that all Shrines of Knowledge would be motivated before any Sacred Sky Watches.

However, there are a couple more points to consider. If your Shrines are producing more Coins than your Sky Watches, it may be that the system will prioritise Shrines. Also, it's important to bear in mind that players have the option to visit and manually motivate whichever building they wish, so it may be that your Shrines are being motivated ahead of your Sky Watches that way.

Thank you Darth Vader The Mighty, I thought that would be the case, but I wanted to be sure before replying. The latest information I can find is from January 2018, and as far as I am aware the Aid order has not changed since then. Here it is:

As you can see, FPs are first on the list, so on that basis, Sacred Sky Watch and Shrine of Knowledge would be the same priority, as they both produce the same amount of FPs. Therefore it would most likely be random as to which gets motivated first, and it's possible that all Shrines of Knowledge would be motivated before any Sacred Sky Watches.

However, there are a couple more points to consider. If your Shrines are producing more Coins than your Sky Watches, it may be that the system will prioritise Shrines. Also, it's important to bear in mind that players have the option to visit and manually motivate whichever building they wish, so it may be that your Shrines are being motivated ahead of your Sky Watches that way.

Well thx for reply. This behaviour changed few days ago. Before Sacred Sky Watches were always motivated first (because as you said they produce more coins), now they are last. And I don't believe that all of my shrines were motivated manually several days in a row to be first. In the end it does not matter much which of these is motivated first but I am telling you that it changed and it was maximum one week ago. That's why I was reporting this.

BTW: All my shrines and sacred sky watches are same age. And all sky watches gives more coin... yet all of them are motivated after all shrines. It is very easy to test this.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I am not too sure, but i think my shrines were always motivated prior to my sky watches - but i do not have too many of both of them. maybe it has something to do with the build order? did you recently use the reconstruction mode?

EDIT: I have to correct myself - I just checked the event log in the townhall of my live world and the order of motivation was all sky watches, obelisk garden and then all SoKs - for four consecutive days. So there most likely is no randomness involved. But the order is also not dependent on the coins (obelisk is worse than SOK) - might be hard-coded somehow...

Last edited:
Exactly. It works as it should on live worlds. Here it is changed but for some reason they do not care. Well I did my duty on beta server and reported it. They choose to ignore it. Not much more I can do.

Amy Steele

Regent
If your Shrines are producing more Coins than your Sky Watches, it may be that the system will prioritise Shrines.
Before Sacred Sky Watches were always motivated first (because as you said they produce more coins)
My apologies, it seems I was incorrect there, it is purely random between buildings that produce the same number of FPs. This being so, it is entirely possible that all Shrines are motivated prior to any Sky Watches, and for several days in a row. Of course it is also possible for your Sky Watches and Shrines to be motivated in any other order, or indeed for other players to manually motivate all of one or the other.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
it is purely random between buildings that produce the same number of FPs. This being so, it is entirely possible that all Shrines are motivated prior to any Sky Watches, and for several days in a row.

6 SSW
1 Obelisk Garden
25 SOK

in exactly that order, 4 days in a row?
It is possible, yes - but very very unlikely (0,000004% is the chance for that to happen on one day) - I will keep watch ;)

DeletedUser10047

The order of motivation is only somewhat random. I don't think there is any intention for the order to be completely random within a group (for example, the group of FP producers). I have noticed that the order in which my SoKs get motivated is always exactly the same and has nothing to do with the order in which they are collected.

While the ordering of motivation may have changed, it apparently hasn't violated the rules previously forth, so I don't see how it can be a bug.

Mr.Quib

Squire
My apologies, it seems I was incorrect there, it is purely random between buildings that produce the same number of FPs. This being so, it is entirely possible that all Shrines are motivated prior to any Sky Watches, and for several days in a row. Of course it is also possible for your Sky Watches and Shrines to be motivated in any other order, or indeed for other players to manually motivate all of one or the other.
The order of motivation is only somewhat random. I don't think there is any intention for the order to be completely random within a group (for example, the group of FP producers). I have noticed that the order in which my SoKs get motivated is always exactly the same and has nothing to do with the order in which they are collected.

While the ordering of motivation may have changed, it apparently hasn't violated the rules previously forth, so I don't see how it can be a bug.
Same here, it's definitely not random and it ignores the rule of highest age first. There has been a discussion about this on NL server recently, the mod's answer was that priority buildings seem to get motivated in order of when they where build and it's technically not possible to change this. I'd like to know if this is truly the case.

DeletedUser10047

Same here, it's definitely not random and it ignores the rule of highest age first. There has been a discussion about this on NL server recently, the mod's answer was that priority buildings seem to get motivated in order of when they where build and it's technically not possible to change this. I'd like to know if this is truly the case.
Currently on live server, my SSWs all get motivated before any of my SoKs. So no, build order is not the algorithm. On the other hand, I recently added 4 more SoKs and they all get motivated last (of all my SoKs). So build order could play at least some role.

Currently on live server, my SSWs all get motivated before any of my SoKs. So no, build order is not the algorithm. On the other hand, I recently added 4 more SoKs and they all get motivated last (of all my SoKs). So build order could play at least some role.

Yes, build order does play role with same building (SoKs for example). But as you said, Sky Watches on live are ALWAYS motivated first and it's always all of them. Only then SoKs are in order. And it was like this also on beta until like a week ago. So something changed.