• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Forwarded Show stacked unit icons in army management window

Status
Not open for further replies.

derdelyi beta

Merchant
Proposal:
Show the units with stacking in the army management window. I mean show only one single icon for a specific unit type and indicate the number of available units from that type with a number.

Reason:
Currently it's extremely hard to manage units even with the currently available filter options as most players have hunders of available units. The current visualisation might fit for the original concept where units were produced mainly in military buildings and most players had only a few units but currently a lot of players have a huge amount of units from Alcatraz. In addition in mobile app you need to scroll for ages (due to the lack of "hovering" function) to reach the overview icon at the end of the list and get the actual number of available units from a specific age.
Such change may slightly improve the game performance, too.

Details:
From a specific unit type show only one single icon and indicate the number of available units with an additional text. That number may be overlayed on the unit icon (e.g.: in the bottom left corner) or may be placed in a separate textbox above/below the icon. If there are units available from the same type with different health values then show separate icons with separate unit number indicators for those. This means, in worst case maximum 10 different icons (from 1 to 10 health points) will be shown for a specific unit type instead of the current 20.

Visual Aids:
An example with overlayed number indicators. Of course the devs would make much better graphics :)
example.PNG

Balance:
This change does not require any game balacing. It would improve only the ergonomy & usability of the army management window :)

Abuse Prevention:
I think this change would not open up any exploits or possibilities to cheat.

Summary:
I think this proposal would be relative easy to implement but would highly improve the ergonomy and usability of the army management window.

This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.
this is something we need since a long time :p however, it may NOT be applied on the army window for GvG because changes for GvG may not be requested (and this one would be strongly applicable there, changing the balance for sure), so this idea is blacklisted by DNSL, sorry ;P

derdelyi beta

Merchant
this is something we need since a long time :p however, it may NOT be applied on the army window for GvG because changes for GvG may not be requested (and this one would be strongly applicable there, changing the balance for sure), so this idea is blacklisted by DNSL, sorry ;P

GVG is just one of the possible places where you can fight. But the same army management window is used in GE, GBG, continent map or attacking neighbours. In additiom GVG is not available on mobile.
So I think this idea should not be denied just because it would result some benefit for GVG, too.

no it is not
or else they would have done it that way

Relative is relative. This idea does not require structural changes or brand new game mechanics. The communication between the server and client may remain unchanged. Only the client side visualisation needs to be updated.
I know, it's not a 1 minute task but neither a 1 month one ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.