• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Forwarded Show ALL finished GB notifications (and not just one) when logging in or coming back to city

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andi47

Overlord
Reason
At the moment, "finished GB" notifications work like this on PC or laptop:

1.) I log off for a while
2.) Annas Alcatraz, Bobs Blue Galaxy and Carmens CDM, finish in the meantime (I have contributed to all of these)
3.) I log on
4.) I get a notification that Annas Alcatraz has finished
5.) I read and then close the notification
6.) NO notifications for Bobs and Carmens GBs are shown

or

1.) I am logged on, but afk for a while
2.) Annas Alcatraz, Bobs Blue Galaxy and Carmens CDM, finish in the meantime (I have contributed to all of these)
3.) I come back and see the Inventory button blinking
4.) I open the inventory and see that I got several FPs (shown as "9+" when I got e.g. more than 9 large FP packages - how about 2- and 3-digit numbers?? there is more than enough space!)
5.) I go out of city (e.g. to tech tree or Egypt settlement)
6.) I come back to city
7.) I get a notification that Annas Alcatraz has finished
8.) I read and then close the notification
9.) NO notifications for Bobs and Carmens GBs are shown

When I need blueprints for the Blue Galaxy to unlock more levels of mine, I miss that I possibly got the missing blueprint of the Blue Galaxy and therefore get stuck in leveling up my Blue Galaxy until I check in my inventory maybe a few days later. (happened to me several times with various GBs, such as Blue Galaxy, Space Carrier and Star Gazer).

I am aware that some players are annoyed when three or more notifications are popping up at once, but I think there is a better solution, see below
Details
I propose ONE notification windows, which gives a line for each GB which has finished in the meantime (and which should NOT close, when it takes a few seconds to load on a slower internet connection, and I do klick attempting to collect a finished production in my city). The notification might look as follows with headline "[b]Contribution Rewards[/b]":

[code]
Annas Alcatraz has finished, you got <x>blueprints, <y> Forge Points and <z> Medals. [Info button]
Bobs Blue Galaxy has finished, you got <x>blueprints, <y> Forge Points and <z> Medals. [Info button]
Carmens CDM has finished, you got <x>blueprints, <y> Forge Points and <z> Medals. [Info button]
[/code]

The players' names should be clickable, opening a context menu with possibilities to open their GBs or send message, ... (while the notification window still stays open)

The Info buttons should open the detailed "old style" notification window, where I see which blueprints I got for the respective GBs.

So now I could decide whether I just close the notification (when no interesting GBs are there), or open the detailed notification for one GB which is interesting for me (e.g. when I am in need of blueprints), or whether I am curious and open all of them. And nobody should be annoyed by being flooded with notification windows.
Balance
Neighbors could get some "GB leveled up" info earlier when they have set at least one FP, but for this the game would be even MORE balanced then currently, because players on mobile phones are already getting all notifications when logging in.

Regarding the proposed context menu for the players' names - when the app versions also get their context menu, both, browser and app players have equally quick possibility to access the finished GB (e.g. for checking whether a new contribution already makes sense.)
Abuse Prevention
I do not see any possibility of abuse for this.
Summary
I propose a modified notification window which summarizes the contribution rewards for ALL GBs which have finished in the meantime while I was logged off or afk, and which gives the possibility to open a more detailed info for each GB (to see the blueprints) and to click the players's name for a context menu to access the finished GB (e.g. for checking whether a new contribution makes sense)
I propose a "finished GB" notification which shows ALL GBs where the player has contributed and which have finished while he/she was offline or away from keyboard (afk).

This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Basically I am with you - either show all or none of them...

On the other hand it is already possible to see all GB events in the events log in town hall - just not with fancy "these BP are new" window - but who really cares which BP they got.

I think such info-windows would be helpful whenever a state is reached where no BP of a GB is missing - that is the point to start the build or to open a new level. I personally do not really care about a GB leveling when I amassed a huge amount of BP already...

Others also proposed before already that they wanted to see the gain/loss in FP on the "investment" - which in my view is a neat info but kind of goes against the principle of "patronage" that the GB System - at least officially - is based on.

Andi47

Overlord
Basically I am with you - either show all or none of them...

On the other hand it is already possible to see all GB events in the events log in town hall - just not with fancy "these BP are new" window - but who really cares which BP they got.

This depends on how many BPs I already have for a certain GB: for example for the Arc I have huge amounts of BP, so I don't care when I get new ones, but e.g. for new GBs I am still in need of BP (currently the Space Carrier, but also still for StarGazer and Virgo), and there I do care.

AllamHRK

Baronet
It is an interesting option but bad at the same time ....

1st You can check all the GBs evolved in the history of the city hall, you can open the GE you want and look at exactly how many BPs you won. (If this really is that important to you)

2nd You can check the total floor plans you have for a given GB through the inventory or the construction menu, simple.

The addition of such a feature would make the game unbearable for many with regard to notification spam / flood, in addition to what the game currently has ... rewards, incidents, battles, etc, etc ... everything has a window huge on the screen, where you have to stop and click "OK" ...

But as I said, the idea is even interesting ... but if placed as an extra option in the game settings, as well as the animations, showing highlighted units and confirmation of diamond spending. Putting it as an option where each player can choose to activate or deactivate that option according to their taste.

Now put this for everyone in a definitive way, not that.

ZENA

Marquis
it use to be all gb's that u contributed in that will show on your screen. Regardless is you refresh or log on.

Umbrathor

Baronet
Good idea. There is a pop up now anyway, and it makes sense to either do away with it completely, or have it show everything and not just the last one.

Status
Not open for further replies.