• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Ships in all eras

• Thread starter DeletedUser9962
  • Start date

DeletedUser9962

Hello!

Would you consider making a change in the game and adding for all eras ships according to the age the players are in?
I mean, now, only from Arctic Future up to Virtual Future those ships are available, but this could be added for everyone and can be upgraded from galley to modern age battleship and so on up to VF . The rewards could be as ussual, fp, coins, supplies , and why not from time to time DIAMONDS. Another thing with this, ships can attack and plunder each other .
Thank you for reading this.
P.S. Even the vikings came with the ships in their city.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

good idea

a ship which costs about 100 goods to send away every day and 50 to repair
and more goods to level up the crew
like the AF and OF ships

the reward: goods that you must have for research or else you are stuck
like the AF and OF ships

good idea

DeletedUser8859

Original Idea: + 1
  • To have Ships at all ages, to be sent to get goods and other valuable rewards ("as ussual, fp, coins, supplies , and why not from time to time DIAMONDS" ).
  • Ships to be upgradeable and therefore to have more capacity / powerful weapons, "from galley to modern age battleship and so on up to VF"
  • Add a new feature: Battles between Ships, with plunder option to the winner, to plunder the defeated Ship' cargo (rewards).
    • Attack only ships from Neighborhood?
    • That would impact option to plunder the city during the same day? Yes or No?
Beta Test03's Modified Idea: -1
a ship which costs about 100 goods to send away every day and 50 to repair
and more goods to level up the crew
like the AF and OF ships
the reward: goods that you must have for research or else you are stuck
like the AF and OF ships

DeletedUser8859

that disqualifies any idea

because it is against the ideas rule to not suggest getting diamonds

The OP (Original Poster) could edit the idea to have the Ships rewards' limited to: FPs, Goods, Coins, Supplies, Blueprints and/or Medals; maybe in rare occasions a consumable item like One Up Kit, and others.

DeletedUser8859

I don't care for the idea.

That is perfectly ok, thanks for the feedback.

I imagine that if this is implemented your city would have the basic/starting Ship all players would get, without any upgrades. Attacking your ship would be somewhat equivalent to battle a two (2) spear fighters defense army, but since you would not be sending the Ship to travel the attacker would not get any plundering reward since your Ship would not have any cargo going to your city. Maybe the attacker may receive a Spoils of War reward if he/she has a Himeji Castle at the city.

DeletedUser8859

Questions to baka,

Starting Ship
  • Do all players, regardless of Era, would receive the same starting Ship
    • (like Tavern starting with same Table/Chairs regarding city's Era)? Or
  • There would be a starting Ship or Ship Level 1 for each Age?
    • I imagine a Ship IA Level 1 to be better than a Ship BA Level 1.
Upgraded Ship
  • What would have an upgraded Ship if compared to previous level?
    • More cargo area: Ability to bring back double amount of goods?
    • More varied cargo?: Bring back Goods plus another type(s) of reward (FPs, Coins, etc.)
    • Better Attack/Defense stats for a Ship vs Ship battle?
  • How many levels for Ships if all players get the same Starting Ship?
    • 10 Levels? 12 Levels?
    • More?
  • If there will be Ships per Era?
    • How many levels within a Era? 3? Example:
      • Ship ME level 1, Ship ME level 2, Ship ME level 3,
      • Then next one would be Ship PME Level 1.
      • Player cant get the Ship PME Level 1 until the city reach Post Modern Era (PME).
    • Do Ships upgrades automatically to next Era Level 1 when city advances to the next Era?
      • Example: Player has a Ship IA Level 2 when advances to EMA, the Ship upgrades automatically to Ship EMA Level 1.
    • Or Player must do something to upgrade the Ship?
      • Example: Select the Ship, Press Upgrade, Pay some resources (Goods?, Coins?, FPs?), Press OK. Ship upgrades to next possible level.
Ship vs Ship Battle
  • Any ideas for this?
  • Number of hits to sink / defeat a Ship?
  • Each Ship level (or Era-Level) bring in a different or stronger weapon/ability?
  • Battlefield? : Aquatic grid with different water zones, deep, shallow, high current, rock/small islands, etc.
  • Ship get attack/defense bonus if on deep vs shallow vs high current waters?
  • Ship to have more than one type of weapon to use during a battle. Weapon to use in a turn may be based on player strategy, weakness of enemy and/or waters you or the enemy is on at the time.

DeletedUser8859

Starting Ship

• Do all players, regardless of Era, would receive the same starting Ship
    • (like Tavern starting with same Table/Chairs regarding city's Era)? Or
  • There would be a starting Ship or Ship Level 1 for each Age?
    • I imagine a Ship IA Level 1 to be better than a Ship BA Level 1.
If first option (all players start with the same Ship Level 1) it would be interesting to see a player one era or more below upgrade his/her ship higher than other players and be able to dominate the waters of his/her neighbor hood.

DeletedUser9962

Response to Darrth Eugene Vader

Too many questions to respond but my post was just an idea wich it could be implemented... i mean now in the game its only possbile to fight on air and land but why cant that be possbile on water too? Or water around the city its just to add someting to the game? I mean, everyone started this game from bronze age, but no one asked the question... How did those people get there?
i think for all above questions Inno developers can reply :)

Thank you for your time!

DeletedUser8859

Do not get me wrong, I like your idea. My intentions are to
  • analyze the idea,
  • get it explained in more details,
  • identify weak points (if any), think in solutions to fix / control them,
  • explore implications of the idea in other parts of the game, check if there are conflicts, propose solutions.

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
@baka

It's actually a very positive thing to have @Darrth Eugene Vader break down and analyze suggestions, because he gets other players thinking and talking (and yes, sometimes debating and arguing) about an idea, and that's really what you want. Player reaction to a suggestion is just as important as the suggestion itself. The more enthusiastic the reaction, the more likely its consideration. And that's a good thing. :D

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
Number of hits to sink / defeat a Ship?

Cost to repair ship: coin/supplies/goods/diamonds/combination of all?

Maybe the attacker may receive a Spoils of War reward if he/she has a Himeji Castle at the city.

Sure, why not? At least they'd get something if they attack a non-participant.

Also...consider the possibility (among higher-age players) of loss of actual population if their ships sink. If we're going to stage battles, raids, trades or whatnot, and have population available to crew these ships, there should be the potential for the loss of all or part of the crews.

This would also be an opportunity for a non-participant to opt-out...don't crew the ship, and when it's sunk, don't rebuild it. Out of sight, out of mind.

DeletedUser9962

Well, about losing people when the ship sinks, if i would be in a lower age and dont have a GB that gives population , imagine that my population number will always be 0 and in the city i need to have only houses to supply that ship. :(
How about if you get ships in every age, we also get some population added in the city that can be used only for the ship?!?!
And also with every upgrade, if its going to be , the population increases....

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
Well, about losing people when the ship sinks, if i would be in a lower age and dont have a GB that gives population , imagine that my population number will always be 0 and in the city i need to have only houses to supply that ship. :(
How about if you get ships in every age, we also get some population added in the city that can be used only for the ship?!?!

That's why I suggested higher age, because the more advanced your city, the better the ship, the better the crew...perhaps a new type of residence could go along with the ship. Ship's crew would be drawn from those residences only. Once the residence(s) were depleted, the ship could not embark on a new adventure until the residences were replenished. To replenish the households, a player would have to contribute to it from their stores of plundered riches. :D