• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Settlement: When did you give up on getting gold?

I'm on #11 on my viking settlement on live, just couldn't make it on #10, every other settlement I had at least a day left on the settlement but the luck vs time element has been getting worse. The time gets shorter but the luck does not catch up. Technically the only benefit to gold is the stoner fragments, so it's like I guess it doesn't matter so much. They're like sok with attack benefit, actually I thought it would be humorous if I replaced all 80 soks with the runestones, but I aint playing the vikings for the rest of my days for that. I've also heard from other players that they gave up on doing even the egyptian settlement on time because it got too tough even with all those days.

So as of #10 viking I'm done on the gold but still trying my best. What about you guys?

Malnaborg

Farmer
I am on my 13th. playtrough of viking. Just finished the 12th, with silver medal.
My bonus is now x21 compared to that i have had gamplay where my bonus was nearly none existing.

So my main building is now in level 8, but the little segment building is only in level 2.
But never the less i know that gold is impossible at this moment, or i should have some serious bonus luck for that to happen.

Compared to the time, i have not yet compared it to how faster my game play-through is, but mostly i just play for fun and those extra rewards.
Hopefully one day to be able to get to gold :p

The last Viking and Japan settlments are hard to finish in gold: you can't afford any mistake and you must have chance. But the Egyptian one is very easy. I always finish it with several days to spare.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I did gold on every vikings run as far as i remember - but I also spent diamonds to skip the first day or two of work. I built the culture and immediately diamonded the goods to unlock mead hall so I could use mead hall to quickly build a bunch of expansions. Cost 220 diamonds a run, saves 1-2 days depending on luck.

Japan I found even worse for this - You need the trader fast to get a good start - but starting in your tiny little start spot it was too luck-oriented as to how fast you could pull it off.

Egypt is the first settlement I haven't felt a diamond start was terribly necessary.

Yinan

Farmer
I have done every Japanese Settlement on Gold and didn't find it that difficult.
On the other hand, I only finished Egypt-Settlement on Gold the first time and from then on didn't bother anymore with it and finished comfortably with silver.

Vikings... so far only 3 finishes and they were all Gold... but after seeing how relaxed I can be with Egypt with a "don't care about gold"-Attitude, I won't bother trying to get gold on Vikings as well any more.

Emberguard

Emperor
Never! Mwahahahaha. What do you mean it already expired? We're still going for it ;D

On a serious note though, Egypt is pretty easy to complete well within Gold if you can get away with only 2 unit buildings and minimal Deban generation

CrashBoom

Legend
I gave up after 3 Greater Runestone (in the beginning fastest time only gave 9 fragments), 5 Timeless Dojo and 4 Obelisk at max level
(in my live world, not beta)

now I wait for the next nation