• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Settlement: Polynesia

GateKeeper

Baronet
hey great news... the entire thread is useless.... move along ....nothing to see here... going straight to Live servers lol

we want to thank you all for your suggestions and concerns....but no matter.

CrashBoom

Legend
and players will lose things from the buffed buildings because they aren't motivated
before they realize that bug

and players will lose things from the buffed buildings because they aren't motivated
before they realize that bug

Unfortunately the game has a motivation priority, on the live servers I only see the Shinto temple being motivated and the others really aren't motivated I need to get the motivation kit for my BG to work.And not only that, I also saw a bug in the amount deposited in the IQs where sometimes the number disappeared from everything. The game faces many bugs. There is a word overlapping bug when I enter QI Sometimes it just stays on the loading screen and doesn't enter And I don't talk about it because no one sees what we say, the first settlement that has been live for 10 days is already on the active servers, the beta players haven't even finished the first agreement.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
The new settlement is out and the new specs are active. First the new specs. They've been such a massive leap forward that for me even lvl2 Mughal temple is interesting. As it's even surpassing its original appeal by a large quantity of fps even at lvl2. Besides some other lukewarm advantages. All of the maxed out settlement reward buildings are awesome now. Those who've completed them and present in their city have seen huge bumps in their military bonuses.
The new settlement... although aesthetically very pleasing and the perk "no roads no problem" is great and all... it's lacking its own chemistry. To cut it short. All other settlements offered a strong identity backed up by either unique ways to earn extra goods or making goods. This settlement could've easily gotten away with the treasure hunt rebranded as "trade expeditions." Unlocked after collecting some fish. With 3 forgiving times to sending out trade expeditions repeatedly. It would've even fit well within the culture and would've been easy to develop. Like 3 timers for the expeditions and 2 for expiration for sending the followup expedition. Although simple it would've given it a deeper lore and a unique way to earn extra coins and/or goods. I totally got it that there was no time during beta testing to develop a battleship like minigame for finding islands but rushing it into live w/o even trying something as simple as treasure hunt with the lazy copy paste "no roads no problem" approach from SA:T's colony is just sad for something with this amount of potential.

They only made the settlement play right away because of the QIs in progress and.of the updates to the other settlement buildings because all the other settlements they waited at least a month to launch live, as that was the time that a good part would finish the settlement and would give their feedback on the mechanics, but in my opinion after 3 years, they knew so much that it was going to work because it was just copying and pasting the Viking except for it being roadless.

And given that they renamed it to just a settlement, it's already a spoiler for the next stage: Atlantis. Because it was one of the ideas mentioned when they asked for our ideas for settlements.

I almost completed the settlement and the 5/10 hours really slow down the settlement.
I'm not able to collect 3 times on 8 hours, but I'm usually able to collect 2x8hour +4hour a day. That is 25 goods from each good building per settlement.
The new schedule means that 20 goods per day is easy and 25 is impossible (it would require 25 hours).

This directly slow down the settlement run, which is annoying.

CrashBoom

Legend
Have 2 Small Huts​
15 FP​
Have 3 Masked Totems​
Self-Aid Kit​
Have 1 Rahui Fisher​
1 Impediment Removal Item​
Have 30 dipomacy or Gather 5 Fresh Fish​
Finish All Supply Productions​
Have 2 Dance Stages​
100 Previous Age Goods​
Have 1 Palm Garden​
Gather 10 Coconuts​
One Up Kit​
Have 2 Pile Dwellings​
35 FP​
Have 2 Melodic Statues or 2 Statues of Music​
Have 1 Kava Farm​
Self-Aid Kit / Store Building​
Gather 20 Kava​
50 FP​
Have 2 Communal Cooking Areas​
Have 1 Catamaran Builder​
250 Previous Age Goods​
Gather 20 Catamarans​
Self-Aid Kit​
Have 1 Family Hut​
Have 1 Nature Totem​
50 FP​
Have 1 Hut of the Royal Storage​
5 Fragments of Wishing Well / Store Building​
Have 1000 diplomacy or Gather 4000 Shells // Gather 5 of each good​
62 Fragments Finish All Special Productions (150 total)​

Have 2 Small Huts​
15 FP​
Have 3 Masked Totems​
Self-Aid Kit​
Have 1 Rahui Fisher​
Have 30 dipomacy or Gather 5 Fresh Fish​
Finish All Supply Productions​
Have 2 Dance Stages​
100 Previous Age Goods​
Have 1 Palm Garden​
Gather 10 Coconuts​
One Up Kit​
Have 2 Pile Dwellings​
35 FP​
Have 2 Melodic Statues or 2 Statues of Music​
Have 1 Kava Farm​
Self-Aid Kit / Store Building​
Gather 20 Kava​
50 FP​
Have 2 Communal Cooking Areas​
Have 1 Catamaran Builder​
250 Previous Age Goods​
Gather 20 Catamarans​
Self-Aid Kit​
Have 1 Family Hut​
Have 1 Nature Totem​
50 FP​
Have 1 Hut of the Royal Storage​
5 Fragments of Wishing Well / Store Building​
Have 1000 diplomacy or Gather 4000 Shells // Gather 5 of each good​
62 Fragments Finish All Special Productions (150 total)​
Finally a settlement that I might still actually repeat once I finish the main building: 250 fp, 1075 goods, 3 self aid kit, 1 Finish All Supply Production, 2 store building, 5/15 Wishing Well, 62/150 Finish All Special Production (I have included the milestones too).

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
Well I finished my first colony on the beta world in 2 weeks.

The result is: small, easy and quick.
There is no blockage, the shellfish are easy to obtain, especially if you make short-term harvests.
The next ones will be even easier because I now know the mechanics and the quests (even the last quest is just a formality).
For the expansions I didn't look for noon to two p.m., I took the cheapest ones to be able to remove the rocks immediately (there is 1 left at the end)
Even the probability of x4 is high, it starts at 5% compared to 3% for other colonies (7% for the second)
It took me a little thought to arrange the buildings, I think that it is mainly the good choice of expansions that plays a role, at one point I found myself with a slightly odd surface and sides of 8 squares which was not necessarily the best choice, but then the arrival of 4 x 4 buildings made the plans a little easier.
In the end my remaining colonies will probably all evolve identically if I find the right way to expand because there are no variable elements.

Guys, can anyone tell me what the mysterious shards (FI GB SAV) produced in the Polynesian settlement and in the Mughal settlement, also who discovered it?

Last edited:

Arch1e

Marquis
I’ve had 100 fps in the Poly today, and know I got a mass aid kit. They do appear but I haven’t paid much attention, I find them a useful passive bonus.