• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Not A Bug: Server down?

Andi47

Overlord
My browser (Firefox) gives me this error message:

Fehler: Verbindung unterbrochen

Die Verbindung zum Server wurde zurückgesetzt, während die Seite geladen wurde.

Die Website könnte vorübergehend nicht erreichbar sein, versuchen Sie es bitte später nochmals.
Wenn Sie auch keine andere Website aufrufen können, überprüfen Sie bitte die Netzwerk-/Internetverbindung.
Wenn Ihr Computer oder Netzwerk von einer Firewall oder einem Proxy geschützt wird, stellen Sie bitte sicher, dass Firefox auf das Internet zugreifen darf.

DeletedUser

Google translate says:
"Error: Connection interrupted

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable, please try again later.
If you can not access any other website, please check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Internet."

I have been getting the all too familiar "Maintenance" message, then a tortuous load to 55%, then back to the Maintenance message. <sigh>

DeletedUser4740

I only get the message "Logging into this world is currently not possible. Please try again later" or "error 405. Not Allowed"... This is the 3rd night in a row with login problems!

Andi47

Overlord
Now, after I reloaded from time to time I get almost the same - the maintenance message, the loading page (getting stuck somewhere between 55 and 58%) and the firefox error message quoted above.

...and AGAIN I loose half a day's supply production: Collected my 1-hour productions and wanted to set it for 8 hours overnight, and... BOOM Server down (and for sure a lot of dead fish-heads when I come back tomorrow) :mad: (and maybe the text should be changed from "takes usually not more than 10 minutes" to "...can take an hour or so")

Last edited:

DeletedUser4228

I've managed to get all three of those messages in the last hour :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Well time is clearly a very relative term for Innogames...

DeletedUser4740

Now I get the message "maintenance works. This usually does not take more than 10 minutes"...yeah right, I already had that message 1h30 ago! They should give us coins, supplies and FP packs to compensate for all the collections we've missed in the last 3 days! I'm giving up. I'll try again tomorrow.

Andi47

Overlord
Server is up again, but....

It would be nice when Inno could give us a statement what happened. Ok, the "Maintenance" message says that it usually lasts no more than 10 minutes, so if the maintenance takes e.g. 8 or even 15 minutes maybe nobody would be too annoyed. But imagine what happens (and what a player thinks) when the maintenance takes hours:

The following lines reflect approximately my thoughts etc. when this happened AGAIN yesterday:
- ...collecting 1 hour productions, .... aha, no green "+" numbers in the upper right corner, number of supplies not changing.
--> browser refresh --> grrr, maintenance page, saying "usually no more than 10 minutes".
- Click to forum, no statement from Inno, so maybe normal maintenance?
- ~10 minutes later: Browser refresh, still maintenance page.
- 5 more minutes later: STRG-F5, no change, still no statement from Inno.
- ...browser refresh goes to loading page, a happy moment, maybe it works now?
- but no, loading gets stuck at 55%. The old bug? Clearing browser cache etc. (at least the 20th time since 1.19 was released to beta), got browser error message
- posted this bug message...
- several minutes later, tried again browser refreshes, which took me back and forth between error message, loading page which gets stuck at 55-58% and... again mainteneance message. Still no message from Inno.
- etc....
- one and a half hour later: It was quite late in the evening at my location at that time, last try before going to bed. Still stuck loading page, error message and maintenance message. Still no message from Inno. Going to sleep, somewhat annoyed because I know that I would find my supply productions decayed because I could not collect them and start 8 hour productions...

@Inno: So what happened? Is there a serious problem with the servers? Is version 1.19 THAT instable that it crashes every day? If a maintenance takes substantially longer than the ~10 minutes announced in the Maintenance message (and that happened at least two times in the last two days) it would be nice if Inno could give a short statement in the forum (e.g. saying that there is a problem, which might take some time - and a second message when the server is up again) - so we would have an idea what's going on - and wouldn't put unnecessary load to the server by retrying to log in after half an hour, 35 minutes, 40 minutes etc. in the hope that whatever maintenance work would be finished...

Sovereign

Inhouse Community Manager
The issue was a server issue, and had nothing to do with version 1.19. Thanks for your patience.