• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Seed Vault nerf

• Thread starter DeletedUser5429
  • Start date

DeletedUser5160

I agree with this and that is coming from someone below ME with a Seed Vault in their live city. Very very few things about this game make aging up appealing or better for the player, in my opinion of course. Having a small silver lining to something improving later on is a good thing.

That being said having used the unofficial wiki before building it I was never expecting it to give more than 10 goods in any era. Did anyone who built it think they were going to get +20 refined goods ME and up? In that way I don't look at is as a nerf since it was giving what it's always said it was going to give and what it said you were going to get when you built it. That's not a nerf, that was an error that had been working in your favor since you put it down.

If I go to the ATM and request $20 and it spits out $40 then next time I go to the ATM, ask for $20 and get $20 the ATM didn't break the second time, it was broken the first. I'm not going to complain to the bank that I'm not getting $40 because I did last time and have come to expect it.

I like the seed vault however neither me nor most people who I've seen have it bother to level it. The real abomination with SV is the lack of percentage gained with each level. It would be a much more popular building if leveling it 1-10 did something useful. It's a shame that some of the new GBs were made ignoring levels 1-10 and expecting people to take it to 80 or not bother at all. Unfortunately it would be my guess that it's too late to change it now, if you increased the percentage of the lower levels without increasing the higher levels it would be unfair to those few who did spend all those points to get it up there.

As you said, having this building makes it more appealing in the later ages. It is in those ages the vet players have the FP to grind it to the insane levels.

Someone mentioned the % chance of activation at 80 is 12.5. Mine just hit the Lvl 50 range and the % increase is 0.15% per level and the total % activation is 7.6.

it is an amazing building once it gets going and like AO, the % increase increases the higher its level.

DeletedUser

If I go to the ATM and request $20 and it spits out $40 then next time I go to the ATM, ask for $20 and get $20 the ATM didn't break the second time, it was broken the first. I'm not going to complain to the bank that I'm not getting $40 because I did last time and have come to expect it.
actually the bank takes back $20 from the first time when they recognize their mistake

so Inno really should take back the goods they have given too much

and actually you don't request $20 at the ATM (maybe you are in China and can't read it
you requested an unknown amount of money (Inno never officially said how much we should get)
and then you get $40. do you know that is wrong ?

because if you request $20 and get $40 it is also your fault because you should have informed your bank about that mistake. and nobody would wonder after they recognized that they have gotten to much money that they have to give it back at a later time

so IF Innogames had said we would get 10 goods in OF and we got 20 we as honest people would have made a bug report immediately

but Innogames (smart as they are) never said how much it is
so they can later nerf it and say it was a bug
if they had announced it big as 20 goods nobody ever would believe that is was a bug

back to your ATM
that is like a bank gives you only colored buttons with no numbers and they expect that you find out yourself how much money you will get
and later they can give you less and say: it was a bug in the past :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

it is also a bug that it gives refined goods

time to fix that bug and let it give unrefined goods like the wishing well

because it is always said that it is like a big wishing well

Did anyone who built it think they were going to get +20 refined goods ME and up?
yes me
because I built it after reading the forum where it was written that it gives 20 goods :p

that was after the release at the live server
should I really think that is wrong ?

Innogames should read their own forum and at that time also know that their Seed Vault gives 20 goods

I don't look at is as a nerf since it was giving what it's always said
that is a lie

because it NEVER was said what it gives :rolleyes:
(at least not from InnoGames)

so how can you lie here and say it was always said what it gives ?

so stop that lie or post a link to where it always was said how many goods we get :rolleyes:

so look at it as a nerf because people in the forum (not InnoGames) always said that it gives 20 goods :oops:

DeletedUser7529

Arctic Future GB should be balanced based on arctic players. If from start it gives 4*5 refined goods logic says it should provide 4*5 goods pre-modern as well. This would fix it without nerfing.

DeletedUser8150

We'll revisit the topic and work on an alternative solution that solves the issue while not decreasing the existing balancing. :) The change being reverted simply means that particular solution will not be going forward.

Can we have a proposed solution (or at least the mechanism even if the game update takes longer) soon as it potentially makes it awkward for people who are about to build the GB if it might 'change' in some way that materially changes the decision to build it or not

DeletedUser8277

so how can you lie here and say it was always said what it gives ?
I was referring to the unofficial wiki as, to my knowledge, that is the only source of information we have on what the building actually provides. Despite people receiving 20, the unofficial wiki lists 10 for every era and has since at least prior to me building it. It would surprise me that any serious player of the game wouldn't attempt to research what the building provides before building it, if they did that research on the wiki then they built it with the knowledge and expectation of it being 10. Also with the knowledge of it being the 'unofficial' wiki of user reported data on a "?" building, inno could change the "?" at any time.

Similar to ToR we get a chance at a reward, inno didn't change the chances, they just changed all the rewards.

DeletedUser

It would surprise me that any serious player of the game wouldn't attempt to research what the building provides before building it
reading the forum

there the information was available since the day of the GB release on beta: 20 goods

and according to your words
the first player with the seed vault can't be a serious player :rolleyes:
he built it without knowing what he gets

if they did that research on the wiki then they built it with the knowledge and expectation of it being 10
why should I read an unofficial wiki when I get my information from the beta forum

so instead of expecting that players read an unofficial wiki you should expect that officials from Inno read their own forum :oops:

that is the only source of information we have on what the building actually provides.
then post there and leave this forum please

because for me the only source of information of new things is this forum (and the beta server itself)

DeletedUser4381

it is also a bug that it gives refined goods

time to fix that bug and let it give unrefined goods like the wishing well

because it is always said that it is like a big wishing well

The Wishing Well used to give refined goods, and was nerfed. That was a nerf, this was a nerf. Why would I build a late era GB to get previous era goods?

In the same way they've reverted the Seed Vault, they should revert the Wishing Wells. (Nerfing such a premium building like the Wishing Well in that way is what stopped me buying diamonds.)

RedRed

Viceroy
Similar to ToR we get a chance at a reward, inno didn't change the chances, they just changed all the rewards.
Officially they changed both the rewards and the chances of the prizes that weren't changed (we know that the 100FP relics were a little bit nerfed, even if we don't know for sure how much since the drop rates are no more known officially).
The Wishing Well used to give refined goods, and was nerfed.
I've forget that the wishing well was producing refined goods, but reading the old threads seems that was supposed (documented by inno) to produced unrefined goods since the beginning. However the reverted nerf in this case was in the amount provided, not in the type (refined/unrefined), and the type here was documented officially to be the refined type since the beginning.

Last edited:

DeletedUser8061

I was referring to the unofficial wiki as, to my knowledge, that is the only source of information we have on what the building actually provides. Despite people receiving 20, the unofficial wiki lists 10 for every era and has since at least prior to me building it. It would surprise me that any serious player of the game wouldn't attempt to research what the building provides before building it, if they did that research on the wiki then they built it with the knowledge and expectation of it being 10. Also with the knowledge of it being the 'unofficial' wiki of user reported data on a "?" building, inno could change the "?" at any time.

Wiki's being edited every day. I've changed the numbers to 10 for each after the nerf and restored it back when the nerf was cancelled :)

DeletedUser

Wiki's being edited every day. I've changed the numbers to 10 for each after the nerf and restored it back when the nerf was cancelled :)
so it was 20 there before :rolleyes:
so much to: look into the wiki :eek:

and let me guess:
that 20 was because players wrote it here in the forum

DeletedUser8061

so it was 20 there before :rolleyes:
so much to: look into the wiki :eek:

and let me guess:
that 20 was because players wrote it here in the forum
Of course, our (unofficial) wiki is run by players and for players :)

qaccy

Emperor
The point is, the Vault should be equal (numerically) production across all ages and it's currently not. If this fixing of the problem was reverted and is no longer on the table, in order for balance to be met this means that the two likely solutions are either to have the Vault produce unrefined goods for ME+, or to produce 20 goods in all ages. Nothing else (short of changing the bonus completely) makes sense here.

DeletedUser5160

The point is, the Vault should be equal (numerically) production across all ages and it's currently not. If this fixing of the problem was reverted and is no longer on the table, in order for balance to be met this means that the two likely solutions are either to have the Vault produce unrefined goods for ME+, or to produce 20 goods in all ages. Nothing else (short of changing the bonus completely) makes sense here.

:/ I sure hope it doesn't come to the former or I might remove it, diamond generation or not. I have 5k+ of the unrefined goods to prove it.

DeletedUser4381

Officially they changed both the rewards and the chances of the prizes that weren't changed (we know that the 100FP relics were a little bit nerfed, even if we don't know for sure how much since the drop rates are no more known officially).

I've forget that the wishing well was producing refined goods, but reading the old threads seems that was supposed (documented by inno) to produced unrefined goods since the beginning.

There were no "unrefined" goods at the beginning. Refining goods was introduced well into the life of the game, and Inno just changed the description to cover their butts. There was no reason to change the type of goods from the Wells anyway, given they are a premium building. They should have just been halved once the refining ages were reached.

DeletedUser

today: seed vault buff

A Seed Vault balancing change: goods generated when aiding were changed from 10 to 20 in ages from Bronze to Progressive Era.

maxbergheim

Squire
to understand which GBs are too powerful and which less is enough to look in the GB rankings. we need a balance, and certainly SV is among those that do not grow, so it is not powerful

DeletedUser5160

to understand which GBs are too powerful and which less is enough to look in the GB rankings. we need a balance, and certainly SV is among those that do not grow, so it is not powerful

Speak for yourself. SV is amazing for aiders in ME and higher. If you started your Arc to lvl 80 early in your world, an equally high level SV can almost have a 12.5% chance at a 20% chance of 4 of each current age good per aid.

DeletedUser7889

I have to chime in with my opinion on the Seed Vault. The concept of having a "chance" to get a reward for "aiding" players is wonderful. BUT the "chance" just is not enticing enough to take this GB to higher levels. Come on, only a 15.98% "chance" at level 100 is retarded in comparison to other Great Buildings above the Tomorrow Era. Why not start this GB off at 2.00%, but increase the percentage by 1% every two levels. Then that percentage can be reduced at higher levels where a level 100 Seed Vault gives the owner at least a 40% chance of getting rewarded for aiding. I think this would give people a GB like the Dynamic Tower something to entice daily aiding once again.