• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Seed Vault nerf

• Thread starter DeletedUser5429
  • Start date

DeletedUser8262

This is an outrageous nerf, just like the the rail gun and crystal villa incidents this again demonstrates the development teams incompetence, once again players are penalised through no fault of their own. I have several SV on the live servers none of which were built while i was in any pre-ME age so how could i be expected to know i was getting double what i should, had i known i wouldn't have wasted fp and space on it. Changing it now after such a long period of time since its release is petty-minded and will certainly upset many when its hits the live game, please re-think the decision and reverse the nerf.

Cardena

Squire
The vault was now for a good period of time in the play with giving 4 per refined good. The decision to build the vault was based on that information. I think it is very bad, to nerf something after such a long period of time. I thougt, FOE was meant to be a strategy game, so we must have the opportunity to make decisions based on the actual stats, and not always be in fear, that something sometime out of the blue will be nerfed. That make strategy impossible. So FOE will be a game based on chance only in future? When will the advertisement be nerfed accordingly?

Here is a quote from November 2016

Since I built it, I got:
  • Day 0
    • 4 of each goods of my era(x2)

Me think it is a bit too late to declare that the stats with 4 refined goods were wrong. The knowledge about the 4 goods should have been with the devs for much longer than 1 year now. But only now they will have noticed the mistake? Does not sound right. So why now? And why quietly?

Last edited:

RedRed

Viceroy
o_O Guess how we could figure that an AF (P4) GB gives us the double amount of goods since the vast majority of the owners are obviously around the AF and all the official documentation we have is:
This building gives you a certain chance to get a random resource whenever you're aiding other players

Tzzo0UJ.png

dnnASZx.png

As stated above players have based their decision to build the GB knowing that the expected value was 4 refined goods since the beginning, if the intended value was 2 it is just because your (inno) lack of documentation and alpha testing; this from player side is just a nerf, plain and simple.

DeletedUser8150

Tbh I can see the logic of the change and tbh don't mind that much *but* it really should have happened quicker...

Pafton

Viceroy
As pointed out by @Cardena, the GB has been around for a good while, since 14 November 2016. After more than a year of smooth functioning, the devs realise their “error” and rectify it.

This doesn’t sound like a change due to a developmental error, it’s more like a shrewd and deliberate decision.

the ONLY reason I built this GB here and my main world was for the REFINED goods. the rest of the rewards are useless, apart from diamonds which are like rockinghorse stuff. if this nerf goes live on my main server I will delete it right away. it would be a useless GB to have, for the land it uses. I would be better to level up DT some more. interesting that almost everything is clearly described in announcements and wki. but helping hands is noticably vague. I'm wondering why now.

its not like SV was too powerful. it's considered a poor GB to own by most. so why the rebalancing ? I dont see anyone levelling it to 60+. it gives 20 goods. hardly overpowered reward.

if they want to make it like WW, then add in FP rewards. but I would still remove it. the least you can do is allow people to undo building it, and get back the goods/fp from building it, considering it was built in good faith

DeletedUser5160

@Zarok Dai any word on this? :/ They do bring up some amazing points. it feels like Rail Guns and Crystal Villas all over again...

Now that I think further about it... it kind of shows how much respect they have for you if they do a ninja nerf like this and not inform you. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

So, after some discussion and review of all of your feedback, we have decided to revert the change to the Seed Vault. I don't know exactly when we will get the reversion, but it should be relatively soon.
I want to thank all of you for your feedback as it was invaluable in making the case for getting this reversed.
Keep up the great work everyone, and I will keep doing my best to represent you.

vesgouo

Baronet
This really is a surprise.
Or.... (plot twist): all this was previously planned precisely to say that our feedbacks are heard...
Anyway: "They chose wisely".

DeletedUser5160

@Zarok Dai I'm happy that the decision was reversed, but can I ask why it was? We have asked for some other things reversed in the past and they were rejected? It might help us in formulating some compromise of what we, the users, want. This could help us blindly offer alternate suggestions instead of "F1X IT NAO".

qaccy

Emperor
I hadn't even noticed myself that the Vault was providing 2x the goods it should have been providing for ME+. It makes sense that it'd get fixed, though it definitely took a long time for it to happen. But now, if the fix is being reverted...how does that make sense? All other GBs that produce goods double their production starting in ME, but they also switch to producing unrefined goods. It's rather confusing to me that an anomaly like this would be defended and supported by the community.

If you ask me, what this means is that pre-ME should also have output increased to 20 goods instead of 10. If production is always going to be same-age goods, it just doesn't make sense to have an arbitrary doubling for no reason at a specific age.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
I hadn't even noticed myself that the Vault was providing 2x the goods it should have been providing for ME+. It makes sense that it'd get fixed, though it definitely took a long time for it to happen. But now, if the fix is being reverted...how does that make sense? All other GBs that produce goods double their production starting in ME, but they also switch to producing unrefined goods. It's rather confusing to me that an anomaly like this would be defended and supported by the community.
We'll revisit the topic and work on an alternative solution that solves the issue while not decreasing the existing balancing. :) The change being reverted simply means that particular solution will not be going forward.

Cardena

Squire

If you ask me, what this means is that pre-ME should also have output increased to 20 goods instead of 10. If production is always going to be same-age goods, it just doesn't make sense to have an arbitrary doubling for no reason at a specific age.

It is a Great Building from the Arctic Age. Why should there not be at least one GB that is more usefull in higher ages than in lower ages? I think it is high time for such a GB. It means, that may be a better strategic decision to build the vault in later ages, and not early on. There may be GB that are usefull in lower ages, but none - beside the vault - that is more usefull in higher ages than in lower ages. I think to have such a GB in the game is something nice and interesting.

DeletedUser5160

It is a Great Building from the Arctic Age. Why should there not be at least one GB that is more usefull in higher ages than in lower ages? I think it is high time for such a GB. It means, that may be a better strategic decision to build the vault in later ages, and not early on. There may be GB that are usefull in lower ages, but none - beside the vault - that is more usefull in higher ages than in lower ages. I think to have such a GB in the game is something nice and interesting.

Best way it can be more useful exclusively for AF+ players is to have it make X of each terminal good at a rate as low as diamonds.

DeletedUser

It is a Great Building from the Arctic Age. Why should there not be at least one GB that is more usefull in higher ages than in lower ages?
refined goods already makes it for high ages more useful

low ages can get goods from their age already from wishing well other goods producing GB

so in higher ages it is more useful that the seed vault gives goods of your age

:rolleyes:

Best way it can be more useful exclusively for AF+ players is to have it make X of each terminal good at a rate as low as diamonds.
first they should introduce something where those goods can be used in a large amount

I have 10000+ of both

amount of goods gained from dynamic tower don't alter with the era of the good you get, reversing this change just makes seed vault rewards in line with dynamic rewards.
p.s. I've never built SV on any world as I had always assumed that the goods won would be unrefined, I might be tempted to switch out 4 wishing wells to make room for it in my main world now :)

DeletedUser8277

I agree with this and that is coming from someone below ME with a Seed Vault in their live city. Very very few things about this game make aging up appealing or better for the player, in my opinion of course. Having a small silver lining to something improving later on is a good thing.

That being said having used the unofficial wiki before building it I was never expecting it to give more than 10 goods in any era. Did anyone who built it think they were going to get +20 refined goods ME and up? In that way I don't look at is as a nerf since it was giving what it's always said it was going to give and what it said you were going to get when you built it. That's not a nerf, that was an error that had been working in your favor since you put it down.

If I go to the ATM and request $20 and it spits out $40 then next time I go to the ATM, ask for $20 and get $20 the ATM didn't break the second time, it was broken the first. I'm not going to complain to the bank that I'm not getting $40 because I did last time and have come to expect it.

I like the seed vault however neither me nor most people who I've seen have it bother to level it. The real abomination with SV is the lack of percentage gained with each level. It would be a much more popular building if leveling it 1-10 did something useful. It's a shame that some of the new GBs were made ignoring levels 1-10 and expecting people to take it to 80 or not bother at all. Unfortunately it would be my guess that it's too late to change it now, if you increased the percentage of the lower levels without increasing the higher levels it would be unfair to those few who did spend all those points to get it up there.