• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

SAV Registration

One of guild members just said he got a new letter saying that SAV registration is now open and the deadline is march 4'th. Any clue what he is talking about? can only people who register see the age when it is realesed?

MaestroC

Farmer
It was a Mail with an Invitation Link for a premade Town.
And the registration is open until 4.3.
For the german speakers:

"Als Mitglied des Forge Royalty-Programms erhältst du die einmalige Möglichkeit, einen zeitlich befristeten Zugang zu einem voll entwickelten Beta-Konto zu erhalten und das neue Zeitalter zu testen. Auf dem Konto wirst du 10.000 Diamanten vorfinden, damit du jede Ecke der Venus ausgiebig erforschen kannst."
"Der Vorgang ist ganz einfach, aber warte nicht zu lange:
Das Anmeldeformular steht bis zum 4. März 2021 zur Verfügung!
Interessiert? Dann klicke auf den Button unten, lese dir die Teilnahmebedingungen durch und melde dich für den Test an."

roughly translated:
"As a member of the Forge Royality progam, you have the possibility to get a timely restricted access to a fully developed Beta-Account to test the new age. You get 10000 Diamonds to extensively explore each part of Venus.
The option ist timely restriced, so dont hesitate for too long.
The application form is available until March 4th.
Interested? Klick the link below, etc pp....

iPenguinPat

Squire
Innogames should take a page out of WoW's playbook and allow players to copy their cities from the live server. My understanding is all test accounts have the same stats and they aren't exactly representative of players as a whole. Allowing players to duplicate their town over would allow inno to get a better idea of how super advanced players and less developed players will progress, and will likely catch balance issues better than some stock account.

Any more info on the royalty newsletter? is that something you opt into? anything like the princely gift/bonuses?

Also seems like bad idea having diamond players being the primary testers (if that is, in fact, the case) because they typically play the game much different than free or minimal spend players.

qaccy

Emperor
Also seems like bad idea having diamond players being the primary testers (if that is, in fact, the case) because they typically play the game much different than free or minimal spend players.
You're right in that these three groups of players tend to play the game differently. However, I don't know if I'd agree with the idea that any of them play the game 'better' than the others. That kind of depends on more than just how much the player's spending.

Anyway, I do like that Inno's set up this process to allow for jumping straight to the new age to make testing easier. I've never been a fan of how beta's essentially just another regular server that gets to see things a bit earlier and gets things changed around a lot more often. IMO beta should always provide all players, both new and existing, with whatever new stuff is being made available to allow players to test it. Essentially what these invites are doing, but for everybody instead of just a select few. Hopefully we get there someday!

iPenguinPat

Squire
You're right in that these three groups of players tend to play the game differently. However, I don't know if I'd agree with the idea that any of them play the game 'better' than the others. That kind of depends on more than just how much the player's spending. ...

IMO beta should always provide all players, both new and existing, with whatever new stuff is being made available to allow players to test it. Essentially what these invites are doing, but for everybody instead of just a select few. Hopefully we get there someday!

Sounds like the invites are for diamond players only. That's not even close to essentially what these invites are doing.

I can say this with complete authority (I founded, and lead the #1 guild on US10, rank top 10 on the server, and have a forge youtube channel with 8400+ subs),.. You can play the game "better" than someone else with respect to competitive gameplay and balance, which is part of what the testing. Research the Dunning Kruger Effect if you're not familiar.

On average, diamond spenders tend to let their special buildings do their work and do not typically come up with creative ways to leverage mechanics to their advantage. That's why, despite having a huge fp production advantage over free(ish) players, it's far more common to see free(ish) players with higher level Arcs, CFs, and medals collected etc.

Point being that if something is broken or unfair, this testing segment is less likely to catch it than having a more mixed group of advanced players.

You're right in that these three groups of players tend to play the game differently. However, I don't know if I'd agree with the idea that any of them play the game 'better' than the others. That kind of depends on more than just how much the player's spending.

First we would need to define "better"... Which are the characteristics of a better player?
  • Player who manages to finish all GE encounters up to level IV?
  • Player who manages to finish the events and win the main event special building, with all upgrades required to reach final level? ... without the additional help from diamonds?
  • Player who consistently ends at the top league in events ?

Last edited:

qaccy

Emperor
@iPenguinPat We're both saying the same thing! My reply said that there's more that goes into how 'good' a player is than just how much diamonds are being bought/used, which is what the person I responded to was implying.
Sounds like the invites are for diamond players only. That's not even close to essentially what these invites are doing.
This one sounds like getting your wires crossed to me! All I said was that the invites look to be available only to a select few, and that I think it'd be better if new features were available to everyone instead. With how limited these invites seem to be, I stand by my original post! I think you pulled a different meaning from it than what I was saying.