• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

SAV Power Dragon v SAM Sentinel

BeeVee

Squire
Is it intended that a Power Dragon (being an Artillery Unit) can defeat a Sentinel (having skill cannot being atacked by artillery unit ) ?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Is it intended that a Power Dragon (being an Artillery Unit) can defeat a Sentinel (having skill cannot being atacked by artillery unit ) ?

Yes. "Power Shot" negates defensive abilities. Flying is a defensive ability. So artillery with "Power Shot" (Rail Gun and now Power Dragon) can hit Flying units.

The one notable exception to Power Shot negating defensive abilities is Force Field which wasn't in the game at the time (originally the hover tank had reactive armor, which Power Shot does ignore). Force Field was first added in AF to the Behemoth. When they wanted to slow down the use of hover tanks against higher age units they switched it from Reactive Armor to Force Field which made it stronger in-age. But more vulnerable to things like Plasma Cannons that heavily out-stat it.

BeeVee

Squire
In that case the description of the skill of the Sentinel (and other units that have the same skill) should be: cannot be attacked by most artillery units.

qaccy

Emperor
I was gonna say that it makes sense keeping it the way it is, but then I remembered that the description for Power Shot was modified after the Behemoth/Force Field was added to the game. Prior to that, Power Shot simply stated that it 'ignores defensive skills and terrain' without including the word 'most'. That's an ability referring to other abilities though - it's Power Shot that bypasses the Flying ability, not the artillery unit itself. This is more apparent with the Mortar ability, which doesn't allow an artillery unit to target Flying (or stealthed) units but it can still be used to damage them if they're close enough to another unit that's being targeted.

So I guess...in the end, I'm still fine keeping it as it is. Perhaps it's just semantics, but to me it makes sense!