• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion SAV new GBuilding, the last hope of cultural settlements?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dessire

Regent
Why FoE team? why are you adding a GBuilding that requires from players have any cultural settlement active?

Hello guys.

Have you ever wonder why for this new era FoE team has decided to make a new skill related to cultural settlements?

For me, it seems like most of the players don't play / are not interested on do cultural settlements and that's why they have done this.

I do not know how good will be this new GBuilding but some players are already thinking that this GB will be something useless for most end game - pro players in FoE.

In the suggestions section, we already can read new skills for GBuildings and game breakers skills like traz + arc did at their release:

-you earn a pack of 2 fp every 2fp spent in anywhere with a chance of 40% at level 80
-all your units are resurrected or healed with a chance of 45% atlevel 80
-when a units dies during battle, there is a chance to have it resurrected with 1 of 10 points of life, at the end of the battle, that unit is permanently lost.
- 40% of your attack and defense of your attacking army is added to your defensive army at level 80.
-any player can polish/motivate any building up to 3 times per day. when a building is motivated 1 time, it has a green star above it, when is motivated 2 times, it has a yellow star and at the 3rd time, the star is red. when the star is green, nothing happens but the normal thing that happens when your buildings are motivated. with a yellow star, the building produce 35% of it's original production ( a building like the terracota farming building produces 8 FP so is 8FP + 35% of it) and with a red star is a 70%. at level 80, 20 buildings are motivated with a green star and only 10 of them can be motivated up to a star of level 3.

but despite of these examples. . FoE has decided to do something related to settlements, so unpopular are settlements that they have decided to waste a good oportunity to add any of these exelent examples? what are your thoughts?

aim83

Merchant
For me, it seems like most of the players don't play / are not interested on do cultural settlements
You said "for me", and then said "for most of the players". Is it a proper way to express your dislike of the settlement mechanic? You should have said "I don't play and I am not interested to do cultural settlements" instead.
I find settlements quite intresting addition, already completed Vikings and Japanese, now doing Aztecs, and Egyptians are surely next.
It is not the relation to settlements that excites/bothers most of the players - it's the prizes we're gonna get from this new GB.

Dessire

Regent
You said "for me", and then said "for most of the players". Is it a proper way to express your dislike of the settlement mechanic? You should have said "I don't play and I am not interested to do cultural settlements" instead.
I find settlements quite intresting addition, already completed Vikings and Japanese, now doing Aztecs, and Egyptians are surely next.
It is not the relation to settlements that excites/bothers most of the players - it's the prizes we're gonna get from this new GB.
you do not need to search a lot to find post of people complaining about settlements or saying that they just do not play them because they are so tedious,
also, 3 more rounds and I'll have aztecs done in my main world. and I'm just thinking about why release a GBuilding related to settlements when there are a lot of better options.

aim83

Merchant
New GB is definitely aimed to increase the popularity of settlements (or to attract new players to it), no doubt.
But is it settlement's last hope? I don't think so.

aim83

Merchant
you do not need to search a lot to find post of people complaining about settlements
Complain about it and don't play in it, thats two different things. I made a poll in my guild just before Aztecs hit the live servers, asking about settlements, and the results were quite opposite from what you're saying.
Lots of people don't actively fight in GbG, lots of others don't even know about GvG, lots of them uses Antique Store once or twice per week, ignoring auctions. So what? We, active players, use every ability to develop our cities.

I like the idea of a GB that is good for some style of play but not a must have for everybody.
I'd even be happy if the shards only helped the colonies.
If people don't want to play some of the aspects of the game then that's their choice, but they can't reasonably expect every building to benefit just the aspects they do play.
If your only interest is fighting power and FP's then just construct the buildings that boost those, and let the people who have other interests have access to buildings that help other things.

Rusje

Steward
I don't understand why everyone is complaining before the actual release of SAV. You don't even know what it is going to be like. Just wait till SAV is released and after you've tested it you can give feedback...

Status
Not open for further replies.