• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rouge in modern age

DeletedUser1526

Is it me or is rouge totally useless in MA, but in PA I could use them in countless setups.

DeletedUser2752

They will probably be useful in PvP battles, but I know on the map they will be quite useless.

DeletedUser

Why would they be useless on the map?

The default AI (not the improved one) doesn't target rogues as first priority. Therefore you won't be able to use your rogues as "bait", as the AI will ignore them if it can attack something else. And 200-250 damage isn't as so "extreme" anymore as units has got much more in defense :)

DeletedUser

The default AI (not the improved one) doesn't target rogues as first priority. Therefore you won't be able to use your rogues as "bait", as the AI will ignore them if it can attack something else. And 200-250 damage isn't as so "extreme" anymore as units has got much more in defense :)

I'm sure this could be used to ur advantage instead, no?

Btw I had actually forgotten that map had different AI to PvP. But now that you tell me, I vaguely recall hearing something about it long ago. It's just been about 9 months till I last did some map fights for good - remember when PE came, fighting was too slow to be done manually. So what version of AI map fights actually use?

DeletedUser

AFAIK, different provinces use different AIs. Up till ~HMA/LMA - old AI, then - new AI.

DeletedUser

So what version of AI map fights actually use?

AFAIK, different provinces use different AIs. Up till ~HMA/LMA - old AI, then - new AI.

Nope. Regular provinces use the "old" AI, even the regular provinces on the PE map. Its the bonus areas that use the improved AI :)

EDIT: I do however remember that some of the regular PA provinces also used the improved AI, but not all of them :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1153

They've come full circle on this. Before the defensive AI upgrades last summer, the AI would ignore rogues to a point where the rogue would bite them on the butt. Then, in the AI upgrade, the rogues were targeted first making them the most powerful offensive unit. They lost some of their importance in PE with the large terrain, long distance ranges of the PE units and their slow movement though attackers on offense could still have 1 tank and 7 rogues. Now they've done a complete reversal and the ME units are ignoring rogues again. LOL. The developers are quite schizophrenic. :)