• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Not A Bug: Roof Tile House OR Tile Roof House?

DeletedUser5178

World: ZZ - Beta (but also on Houndsmoor EN)
Browser and Version:Google Chrome Version 35.0.1916.114 m
Overview of the bug: In the research tree for Iron Age, the technology "Roof Tile Houses". . . shouldn't that say "Tile Roof Houses"?
Screenshots:
Roof Tile House.jpg
How often this occurs: Every time Research Tree is opened
Urgency: Not very urgent
Preventative Actions: N/A
Summary:It would make more sense for it to say "Tile Roof Houses" to match the icon image of the technology.
I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes
Have you tried fixing it by using these methods?: There is no "user" fix for this I am aware of

NormaJeane

Viceroy
Roof Tile House and Tile Roof House are as far as I know both correct descriptions for the same kind of house:
Roof Tile Houses have tiled roofs and Tile Roof Houses have roof tiles on their roofs.

Here in FoE is choosen to use the description 'Roof Tile House' ... Not a bug, just a matter of preference ;)

DeletedUser5178

I disagree - "roof tile houses" (per American English and standard rules for adjectives) implies the houses are tile - not the roof! Besides, if i were to describe my own house I wouldn't say "I live in a roof metal house" - because people would think I live in a metal house - not a house with a metal roof. Nor would I say "front stone chimney" to refer to my fireplace or "acre 40 farm" to refer to my property. I think its bad really English (which doesn't mean the same thing as "really bad English"). LOL But that's just my opinion! :rolleyes:

DeletedUser2752

LOL But that's just my opinion! :rolleyes:
Yes, it is YOUR opinion for right now. This would go towards the feedback section (and a lot of support) if you want the name changed rather than the bugs forum ;)

DeletedUser

I disagree - "roof tile houses" (per American English and standard rules for adjectives) implies the houses are tile - not the roof! Besides, if i were to describe my own house I wouldn't say "I live in a roof metal house" - because people would think I live in a metal house - not a house with a metal roof. Nor would I say "front stone chimney" to refer to my fireplace or "acre 40 farm" to refer to my property. I think its bad really English (which doesn't mean the same thing as "really bad English"). LOL But that's just my opinion! :rolleyes:

Might be you, might be me, but I read it differently.
As far as I know you read in groups, or well, you can distinguish certain groups in a sentence if needed.

You should read it as a house covered with roof tiles, just as you would read the farm example as a farm of 40 acres.
Roof tiles should be read as one phrase, just like floor tiles and ceiling tiles as far as I know :)
Just like you can't put the sentence 'I own a 40 acre farm' like 'I own 40 an acre farm' but you can put it like 'I own a farm of 40 acres'

DeletedUser1264

This point was raised on the en server ages and ages ago, and I agree. They're tile-roof houses.

DeletedUser5178

I play on the EN server, so I will see if that thread is archived. Thanks mink! :)

I will concede that a tile roof is made up of "roof tiles" - however, one is purely a building material (roof tile) and the other is the finished product (tile roof). Hence, the way I look at it, they are not the same thing. But as I said previously, that's simply my opinion.

DeletedUser

I will concede that a tile roof is made up of "roof tiles" - however, one is purely a building material (roof tile) and the other is the finished product (tile roof). Hence, the way I look at it, they are not the same thing. But as I said previously, that's simply my opinion.

as a nonnative speaker, this is an explanation that i get :p
however, in both the dutch language and the english one, you can look at this particular construction as 'a house covered with roof tiles'
I think both are correct, but not a 100% sure..