• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rocks removed

A bit to the southeast of the Langskip, they have removed some of the rocks from the map. Now it's an empty field with flowers. There was also one rock removed from the water nearby. The rocks are still there on the live servers. Anyone know why these were removed?

Logain Sedai

Baronet
I love it that players notice this sort of things :). Of course, I don't know why, but I have thought of 2 reasons:
- room for new expansions ?
- space for a new feature that would explain the tech "Mars goods synthezing" ?

I'm not in SAM on any of my worlds yet, but I seem to recall someone saying there are still plenty of unclaimed expansions left. You might be on to something for the 2nd option there.
Could it be something to do with Battlegrounds maybe? There was talk of earning fragments in battlegrounds for a new building... maybe just this once we won't have to sacrifice space for it?

D-Best

Squire
I'm not in SAM on any of my worlds yet, but I seem to recall someone saying there are still plenty of unclaimed expansions left. You might be on to something for the 2nd option there.
Could it be something to do with Battlegrounds maybe? There was talk of earning fragments in battlegrounds for a new building... maybe just this once we won't have to sacrifice space for it?
OMG, YES! :)
It would be great if this building will be outside of city.

Logain Sedai

Baronet

Yes! I had forgotten about the Battlegrounds :oops: but it would also make sense to have this specific building outside of the city. Otherwise, it would be more difficult to put it, even if when we have all the fragments. That would be frustrating.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Well, they said, battlegrounds would be added end of this year earliest (if it comes at all) - I doubt they would already prepare a site for a building that might not even come...

Is probably something else - maybe related to Space Age Ceres (Mars Ore synthesis)? But I also would assume that the space ship harbor used for Mars will just send you to Ceres in the next Age... Or they have another goody like the antiques dealer in store for us... ;)

Last edited:

Lionhead

Baronet
If I compare my SAM-city here on Beta to my SAM-city on live, there´s some changes in layout in the "sea" or "lake" as well. Some rocks have been removed, and some have changed in appearance. I guess we´ll just have to see why. But some kind of future building seems quite likely.
What I´m more concerned about is where future city expansions is going to be placed. Sure, there´s still grids available, but if we´ll get 4 on average per new age, we do run out of city grid to expand in about 4-5 ages. I know we´re probably talking another 2-2½ yrs of gameplay, but we do run out nevertheless at some point. And I just wonder what the game designers will come up with when that time comes.

DeletedUser8859

I vote for floating islands, or maybe quantum bubbles

Yeah, let's go to Pandora

We have seen/ discussed a few proposals on floating expansion on the sea, and on the air.

(List not intended to be complete, there surely are others)

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe its for ceres age, for a factory to create 'synthetic mars ore' for mars goods to be produced in your city (while new goods are produced on ceres, obviously) :p

Logain Sedai

Baronet
maybe its for ceres age, for a factory to create 'synthetic mars ore' for mars goods to be produced in your city (while new goods are produced on ceres, obviously) :p

Yes, I agree with you. It seems very possible to me. Although that would mean that the Ceres age is not too far in time, and it seems a bit soon after Mars.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Question answered...

Apparently a building will pop up here that acts as an access point to the Battlegrounds - like the ship for the cultural settlements or the space port for the mars outpost...