• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Return of the PVP Towers

sirblu

Baronet
Ok. Let's take it in order. PVP towers were made to compete between neighbors in equal conditions. Everyone has the same neighbors in their neighborhood. They all have the same provinces, if it's what you are worried about. Everyone has the same number of GE points, if you ask why GE doesn't interfere. All on equal terms. The winner is who can perform the most of the available and do it better than the others(with less losses). What do we have now? The winner is who uses macros or who spends more time. I don't want to compete in who will spend the most time on the stupidest things in the game. I give up before I even start
PVP towers were made to compete between neighbors in equal conditions. - This is not actually true. Originally the neighborhoods had players from all ages in them not only like ages like they do now. That was only changed when there were complaints that hoodies in the advanced ages were attacking their hoodies in the lower ages with no way for the lower age player to overcome the higher age attacks. We had the Towers then as well so all was not equal.. Even now not everyone in the hood has the same provinces. I am in the Contemporary Era but am doing battles on the C-map in the Artic Future and conquering those provinces. The Towers records points based on the types of units you do battle with not necessarily which age you are in. Just change the name of the towers to battle towers and include all battles! The towers calculate battles dependent on the units you use. Why should it matter where the battle is fought.

Owl II

Emperor
PVP towers were made to compete between neighbors in equal conditions. - This is not actually true. Originally the neighborhoods had players from all ages in them not only like ages like they do now. That was only changed when there were complaints that hoodies in the advanced ages were attacking their hoodies in the lower ages with no way for the lower age player to overcome the higher age attacks. We had the Towers then as well so all was not equal.. Even now not everyone in the hood has the same provinces. I am in the Contemporary Era but am doing battles on the C-map in the Artic Future and conquering those provinces. The Towers records points based on the types of units you do battle with not necessarily which age you are in. Just change the name of the towers to battle towers and include all battles! The towers calculate battles dependent on the units you use. Why should it matter where the battle is fought.
You will understand what I m writing about when you get to SAAB. To SAV. Or any other extreme age. And yes, anyone can fight with high-age units in your age. If you managed to get it but others did not, then you are the best . So PVP towers of these ages belong to you by right

Last edited:

Pass Go

Squire
I am ok with the Towers back .. not that I care about getting first place, but it's nice to see how I compare to the neighbors while I am battling. maybe have something better than medals as a prize?

BarraG

Farmer
PVP Towers is not broken ... We have enough to do without needing PVP Arena :)
So if not broken leave it alone and it has been here for long time no need to change that is passive to something that boring to do as there no real interaction with PVP Arena where GBG you do .. until you can have something like that I might in entertain it .. My 2 cents

Aerendil

Squire
PvP Towers are fine.
They show who in my neighbourhood is participating in GvG (Earlier ages),
who is the most active in GBG (current age) and who has
troops from future eras (If I fight in this age as well).
Nice information.

And there may be players who still want the medals

The PvP Arena still needs refinement, the rewards are too low

Tresco

Farmer
Why are units of up to 2 ages above allowed as a defence for a stated age in the PvP Competition, just fought against a supposedly Indy
age group who's defence was 7 ME & 1 Prog unit, it was the same last hood, the feedback I get from my 3 live worlds is that the rewards
hardly justify the cost in units as it is. Unless there are some rethinks on how this competition is controlled I can see it going the same
way as it's first introduction, people will stop playing it.

lordwasa

Regent
Community Manager
Why are units of up to 2 ages above allowed as a defence for a stated age in the PvP Competition, just fought against a supposedly Indy
age group who's defence was 7 ME & 1 Prog unit, it was the same last hood, the feedback I get from my 3 live worlds is that the rewards
hardly justify the cost in units as it is. Unless there are some rethinks on how this competition is controlled I can see it going the same
way as it's first introduction, people will stop playing it.
Do you mean the PVP Arena? You reacted on the PVP Tower feedback topic which is another subject.
But to answer your question, the PVP Arena defensive age is only updated when the season gets reset the first day of the month. This means that it is possible that some ages up but that this change has not been reflected in the defensive ranking of the player.

NandodeMC

Merchant
Do you mean the PVP Arena? You reacted on the PVP Tower feedback topic which is another subject.
But to answer your question, the PVP Arena defensive age is only updated when the season gets reset the first day of the month. This means that it is possible that some ages up but that this change has not been reflected in the defensive ranking of the player.
I think he's talking about the people who forwards story quests to get units from ages above. For instance, I'm at FE but my defensive army in PvP arena is composed of OF units

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I think he's talking about the people who forwards story quests to get units from ages above. For instance, I'm at FE but my defensive army in PvP arena is composed of OF units

Yes this can be particularly bad in certain ages. Industrial sees Postmodern players, which with a rare sequence of quests can get FE+ units... so you can wind up against hover tanks (or even turturrets). Similarly HMA sees Industrial which can get Postmodern units from story, and get mowed down by MG teams.

I guess the defense of the state of things would be "perhaps you're not supposed to be able to handle the "hard" fight every time unless you're in the top era"

Last edited:

Sinitar

Regent
Yes this can be particularly bad in certain ages. Industrial sees Postmodern players, which with a rare sequence of quests can get FE+ units... so you can wind up against hover tanks (or even turturrets). Similarly HMA sees Industrial which can get Postmodern units from story, and get mowed down by MG teams.

I guess the defense of the state of things would be "perhaps you're not supposed to be able to handle the "hard" fight every time unless you're in the top era"
Postmodern players cannot gain FE units because in CE there's a task that require a specific research to unlock
They can gain up to CE units
From CE can gain up to OF units

NandodeMC

Merchant
Postmodern players cannot gain FE units because in CE there's a task that require a specific research of CE to unlock
They can gain up to CE units
Only since CE can gain up to OF units
Well, I was at PME a few months ago and I managed to get a hover tank. Maybe something has chaged since then

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Could you explaim how you had missed this task?

That's why it's a very rare occurrence :p The methodology has been explained elsewhere, but in short, *before* you finish the postmodern story, you progress all the way to the future map. Then you advance quests and for whatever reason that quest doesn't show up. And you're able to do FE+ story in PME instead of waiting til CE.