• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Return of the PVP Towers

Umbrathor

Baronet
Thanks for bringing back the towers! They are not obsolete - as some players wrote - for NEW players. For old players, maybe. But I still like playing for them sometimes, and I have played for 5+ years.

It is correct that PvP-fights do not really exist, but there is PvP competition and the towers show that ranking.

bromtor

Squire
the difference is that a phone player does not want to use a computer

because he wants to play any time any place
but a computer player cannot access FoE any time any place.

I for example can only play FoE when I am at home at my PC
because I don't want to buy an expensive smart phone only to play FoE with it

that are all decissions by the players and not anything that can't be changed
Dont think you now what can a pc player can with the same account play on a tabloid and on a phone just log in with user name and pasword
Also phone and tabloid players can log in on a PC. i prefur the PC so many more options then a tabloid or phone i only play tabloid or phone when not in range of a PC

The Lady Ann

Baronet
Dont think you now what can a pc player can with the same account play on a tabloid and on a phone just log in with user name and pasword
Also phone and tabloid players can log in on a PC. i prefur the PC so many more options then a tabloid or phone i only play tabloid or phone when not in range of a PC

99% of the time I play on PC, the interface is just so much easier, and more intuitive, maybe because I am an old dinosaur and have played the game since 2013 way before mobile was an option but I would say to all you mobile players give it a go :))

Thunderdome

Emperor
Coming from this guy, I am glad the towers will make their return. However, when it comes to PVP, I will have to agree with everyone else that it's non-existent; for it to be true Player vs Player (PVP), both players must engage each other in real time. Neighborhood battles have given a semi-definition of such for it affords the opportunity for the player to selectively attack an opponent and that opponent a chance to retaliate (if they choose) within a 24 hour window. The PVE Arena (sorry, but if I am battling bots, then having players attack me without a way to strike right back, then it's pretty much a player vs environment kind of game). Even if we are grouped by points when we go up the ladder, we still won't get that player that attacked us. More so, there is no replay to show us what was used against our defense to help us improve on it. Neighborhood battles provided all that, and it's up to us if we wanted to make changes to the lineup; when I had those fun PVP battles, I use this to help me to spice up my defenses that sometimes would send the attacker running away until next time.

My defense for the PVP Towers was solely for the new players whereas the other aspects of the supposed PVP are out of reach (unless they rushed through the ages to get there). While the towers do give out a small amount of medals for placing, this will help them with their early expansions as they play. This was something I did when I first played FoE. Since then, I had always used the rankings in towers to compare my progress along with neighbors. Fluff points (you know, the GBs at level 80 give out millions in ranking points) is not something I used to gauge an opponent; however, I do look into their city to find key buildings to estimate a defense percentage and see if it's possible to attack; second, is pretty much seeing what units they are using for defense. I use the Towers to see how active a player is. Fighters will be active while farmers are at a 50/50 chance.

To a player that has gotten their last expansion at 1.1 million medals, medals are useless to them. Myself, I am working at unlocking the 460k expansion. Thankfully, I got an Arc to level 29 (still building it) that would help me get said medals (I am in no rush) to keep unlocking, so they are still useful to me. A new player with 0 ways of getting medals will be stuck, frustrated, and will throw the game onto the shelf to go play another.

lordwasa

Regent
Community Manager
Please keep the feedback centered on the return of the PVP Tower and keeping the PVP Arena in the game.
With the return of the PVP Tower you will have a way to measure your weekly gained battlepoints against those of your neighboors.
I do not quite understand the feedback that the PVP Towers are crap.
The PVP Towers have not changed. The rewards are the same. If you need medals there are better ways to earn them like contributing to other Great Buildings with an Arc or to focus on getting them via special event buildings (like the Suishinn Mill, Terracotta Vineyard and the Druid Temple if you are unlucky in your reward).

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
I do not quite understand the feedback that the PVP Towers are crap.
Typically, players want to fight other players, not bots, and they want to fight more players their age.
You just have to know if they prefer to always fight the same opponents or fight bots!
Other than in the latter age, I think fighting a wider range of players of the same age is important.
After all it is normal that a person who has optimized the attack has an advantage over someone who plays without thinking.

Then the other point of contention is that the city defense was never put forward by Inno.
Even by doubling the characteristics of the DEAL and the SB, the attack would be advantageous but would perhaps make more desire to invest in a defense.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Inno invented the Galata to overcome complaints of looting.
But it must be noted that the defense of a city is currently futile and that each player invests the place more for other aspects more profitable.
The TerraCota, even with its high cost in PF, is more profitable than a DEAL, because it is also useful in attack.

Remove the support bonus from defensive GBs that are only useless for GvG by doubling their % defense. You may make the defense in Arena more useful.

mcbluefire

Baronet
Many thanks for listening, Inno! This is greatly appreciated.

While I think the towers should be called "Hood Victory Ranking", PVP Towers is actually a pretty accurate name. This is technically the ONLY player versus player stat that is tracked each week. It let's you know who in your hood is fighting, how many battles, and how many victory points and you can decide to compete with that or not.

CrashBoom

Legend
just wondering
is there no tower in SAV ?

I have completed the first map and there is none
normally the tower is in the 1st or 2nd province

-Alin-

Emperor
just wondering
is there no tower in SAV ?

I have completed the first map and there is none
normally the tower is in the 1st or 2nd province

Yeah, isnt on map for the moment but in activity tab there is a SaV tower, but its inaccesible.

sirblu

Baronet
I don't understand it. On the one hand there are many complaints, that the PvP-Arena is "Crap" and they want the Towers back.
On the other hand, now that the Towers are back and we have an additional feature to play around, complaints start, that the PvP Towers are useless.
Guys, you have to decide! I think having both is the best solution there is currently: Players who like to compete against neighbors have their towers back and players, that like the arena also have it to play around with. So why are there even complaints now?
I agree totally! This seems to be the best of both - I never really cared about the medals although they were very useful in the lower ages to help get expansions. I just really liked the calculations portion of the towers. But now that everyone have both the towers AND the PvP Arena - there should no longer be any complaints.

Owl II

Emperor
Yes. We have two fakes now and there is no hope the game will ever have gameplay, at least close to PVP. We will now be able to compare who slaughterd the most champs. How could we play without it?

Owl II

Emperor
And both features are not hopeless. PVP towers can be corrected if they exclude fights in PBG, quests, and GVG from the calculation. Then it will once again become a contest between the neighbors, who can best attack in their own group. But not a competition to see who set the best clicker for quests or who slaughterd the most champs.

In PVP arena, they just need to remove the city's defense parameters. And they need to exclude bots altogether. Can make fights there with no bonuses at all. Like in the settlement Egypt. Or we can use attack values for attack and defense. This will immediately make sense. This will be interesting. But no. They spent a year developing it, only to stop one step away from the end result. This is unwise, to say the least

Emberguard

Emperor
Not everyone can access a PC, but everyone has a phone today.
The argument of "not everyone has a PC" really is a moot point. If you can afford a smart phone you can afford a PC. If you can only afford one then you're going to choose which one to prioritise, and not everyone is going to need a smart phone. I don't have a smart phone. My phone has buttons and still going strong after 9 years. I have a iPad I bought on special to access the app, but if I were looking at the equivalent in smart phones I'd just replace the PC given the prices for smart phones
internet could be used from their phone if they know how ;)
Indeed.

but back to the original topic
not counting GvG and also not counting GBG in the PvP tower
If we're going to list a bunch of different features to exclude, how about we just cut to the chase and have it only count Neighbourhood and perhaps also the new Arena.

sirblu

Baronet
The towers also count the battles done on the C-map. Why is it that there were no complaints about the towers before all this Arena stuff. Now that the towers have been restored to their original function, there are still complaints - Get over it folks and lets move on

Owl II

Emperor
The towers also count the battles done on the C-map. Why is it that there were no complaints about the towers before all this Arena stuff. Now that the towers have been restored to their original function, there are still complaints - Get over it folks and lets move on
Ok. Let's take it in order. PVP towers were made to compete between neighbors in equal conditions. Everyone has the same neighbors in their neighborhood. They all have the same provinces, if it's what you are worried about. Everyone has the same number of GE points, if you ask why GE doesn't interfere. All on equal terms. The winner is who can perform the most of the available and do it better than the others(with less losses). What do we have now? The winner is who uses macros or who spends more time. I don't want to compete in who will spend the most time on the stupidest things in the game. I give up before I even start