• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Research Tree Improvements

Fenix

Viceroy
Another thing that I do not like, it's annoying.
We can use the mouse to move the tree, it's ok left and right, but up and down, should be disabled (like the old tree, much better in this respect).

mbk28

Baronet
Hi,

I have just discovered it on the French server and have failed to click on the diamonds several times, the place for resources and FP is not sufficient. I think that the organization should be reviewed.

6zeva9

Baronet
Another thing that I do not like, it's annoying.
We can use the mouse to move the tree, it's ok left and right, but up and down, should be disabled (like the old tree, much better in this respect).
The up and down is needed as the new look is bigger than the old look and it is therefore possible to miss a technology when there are more than 4 in a column.

Piotr015

Squire
Is that normal that I still have the old research tree...? On live servers I've got the new one already but here I have the old one

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
the feature is not released as it is still in testing.

It needs a lot more testing! Agree that this is purely a design change. While some changes are nice (but gimmicky), the color scheme is horrible, and nothing useful was added.

It would be appreciated if someone from Inno responded with a clear and frank response on what the objectives of the changes were supposed to be. Because the benefits are not at all obvious.

DeletedUser10252

The unlocked technologies in the research tree are now a bright green (I think from today?), and you almost can't see the underlying text. I think they're too in your face.
Could you please up the transparency a little? It would look much better. I actually liked them the way they were a few days ago.

Fenix

Viceroy
I am starting to think that you hate persons with visual difficulties (yes I use strong prescription glasses).
A little better (but still bed):
Not good.jpg
Extremely bed (unbelievable):
Beb,bed BED.jpg

Queen Amaria

Steward
When was enough feedback finally collected and correct improvements implemented?

After opening the tech view is still terribly brigh and using FPs is still cumbersome - why the A / B test on live servers for a design change only? The feedback in Germany is mainly negative in terms of brightness and there are no real improvements.

The Harlot

Farmer
I am a big fan of the new format! The collapsible ages makes it much easier to browse what is next. I really would like to be able to use Forge Point packages directly from inventory like you can with Great Buildings. Its very frustrating to have to jump back and forth from research and inventory especially when you have worked so hard to save up your FPs to make the jump through the next age's tech tree as quickly as possible.

Luke Stark

Marquis
looks nice on the live, however, the whole age-page for example virtual future, you can move around it while dragging the mouse/pad, I just have the feeling it's kind of cheap when you can move it up and down for no reason, it gives me the feeling its not scaled properly kind of a cheap cheat if you like, for the rest, great job :)

Fenix

Viceroy
looks nice on the live, however, the whole age-page for example virtual future, you can move around it while dragging the mouse/pad, I just have the feeling it's kind of cheap when you can move it up and down for no reason, it gives me the feeling its not scaled properly kind of a cheap cheat if you like, for the rest, great job :)
Exactly my thoughts.

DeletedUser10002

This new look of the research tree is nice for 3 year olds
older than that it's just bad taste
:-(

DeletedUser9150

Disclaimer: I am mainly a mobile player, so this feedback is based on the mobile app.

Like:
  • Collapsible eras. The old tech tree made things very slow when scrolling.
  • Knowing at a glance that I've researched an entire era without having to look tech by tech.

Dislike:
  • The colour scheme. The green for coins/supplies/goods that only does have is particularly hard to read, and the red would benefit from being darker as well.
  • The overall brightness could still bear to be reduced.
  • The inability to zoom. It wasn't an issue with the old tech tree, but with the green problem mentioned above it would be preferable to zoom in with two fingers to better read the amounts.

Wish it had:
  • A better way to spend FPs from inventory.

Additional wishes:
  • That you'd do away with the skeuomorphism in the interface entirely and gave us a nice, clean, consistent, easy to read and fast to load user interface. Does Inno actually have a UX team?

Fenix

Viceroy
I noted this in the live servers, but it is the same in beta. This research it takes only 5 FP?

1592103614644.png

And I still do not like (and I do not think it is necessary), the up and down movement. The old tree did not have this and it worked fine (movement only left and right, and did not move up and down).

Beta-OD

Squire
And I still do not like (and I do not think it is necessary), the up and down movement. The old tree did not have this and it worked fine (movement only left and right, and did not move up and down).

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Is this a mobile issue? I'm no seeing any up or down on browser unless I really zoom in. I wonder if you have a wonky or very low resolution set up on your computer.

Fenix

Viceroy
I'm not sure what you're talking about. Is this a mobile issue? I'm no seeing any up or down on browser unless I really zoom in. I wonder if you have a wonky or very low resolution set up on your computer.

PC, good resolution

Ex:
Down 1592142238072.png Up 1592142333963.png

Last edited: