• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Cannot Reproduce: Replacing Roads

DeletedUser2752

Well, it was that time where I thought I should start making new roads for my city. I put in a 20-road stretch...

and as the roads are replacing, it switches between disconnecting and reconnecting until it reaches the x amount of replaced roads

Last edited by a moderator:

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
This is new, I believe, from the last changelog, as I hadn't experienced it before.

Basically, I think before this the roads built all at once (when you selected a whole line of them), so it didn't cause any pain in the butt. But now, they each start building only when the last one has been built and during their building time they disconnect the city. You see how it's painful to wait/look at as with 20+ pieces of road it ends up connecting-disconnecting the city quite a lot. :)

DeletedUser2752

1) find some roads you want to replace
Bug 6a.jpg
2) select some sort of (different) roads
Bug 6b.jpg
3) then click from start to finish of what your replacing, and spam!
Bug 6c.jpg

DeletedUser1418

I've experienced the same issue on the dutch server on the newly introduced Cirgard.
What happens is basically... I wanted to replace all sandroads. I select a better road and drag it from the city hall to where the road ends. (It a stretch of about 20 pieces)
The first piece is at the cityhall end, all buildings disconnects. Then reconnects. The next piece is replaced... discon -> con... etc etc . It progressively gets less as the pieces get replaced, but you cant do anything but watch....

DeletedUser1418

Also try to replace Paved roads with Brick roads... you will have a very hard time... (you cant place more than 2)

DeletedUser740

I had a quest and replaced several long stretches of road. Yes, they switched from connected to disconnected and my happiness indicator went from oh, so happy to very angry over and over. But the entire sequence took all of 10 seconds.

I don't think this is a bug. If a road is repaired in real life, that portion of the road is shut down until the repair is done.

DeletedUser3507

saw that,thats just funny=) but i dont think its intended to do that