• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Regarding the "Regarding A/B Tests In Forge"

Fenix

Viceroy
In these tests you don't expect (nor want) to receive any kind of feedback from players, this will even be counterproductive, right?

Harold Nat

Squire
Baking Sudoku Master
In these tests you don't expect (nor want) to receive any kind of feedback from players, this will even be counterproductive, right?
I believe the purpose of these tests is basically to let the system count, over a period of time, how many players use the feature and how/when it is used. We can still express our feedback on the forum, and this feedback will be forwarded to the developers as well.

Fenix

Viceroy
I believe the purpose of these tests is basically to let the system count, over a period of time, how many players use the feature and how/when it is used. We can still express our feedback on the forum, and this feedback will be forwarded to the developers as well.

I think it does not exist any specific forum for that.

Thunderdome

Emperor
So you're saying you think that they do want our feedback, and it won't be counterproductive is how I take that.
Actually, I am just saying, "I don't think they give a toss" about what our feedback is/was when it comes to a tested item/feature. The only feedback they will understand is either all of us that have it are going to use it or not going to use it. If they really care, all of the other feedback threads wouldn't go stagnant.

That's how they did it with the PVB/R Arena (not going to call it PVP) the first time when they involved another server in its testing before finally deciding it wasn't going to go well.

Fire Witch

Forum Sorceress
Beta Moderator
Sometimes the exploration of a new feature is part of testing, so an announcement would be counterproductive. Also, some changes that are being tested are not discussed in the forums at all.
Anyways, feedback is part of the whole thing. That's all I wanted to clarify.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Also, some changes that are being tested are not discussed in the forums at all.
I find that hard to believe since I had seen people talking about such on the forums. You got half of the folks who don't have it wondering how to get it.

But since we are on the subject, would it be "counterproductive" to introduce something that is not announced only to find out the performance in the game is being affected? I say this because in the last 96 hours after something was done that was probably not announced that caused the game to perform with significant delays in timing, whereas all was working well prior to such. At first I had thought it was a cache issue, but when I cleared it, it was the same. Without something being announced, it makes it hard to pinpoint the cause of the problem and to provide a solution to remedy it.