• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Regarding Recent Feedback

mcbluefire

Baronet
Great, define to what degree you need it to benefit the player entering the age.
More than "not at all".

Examples:
  • AI Core: Less efficient than Obs & Arc for guild goods. Provides no other benefit to someone in SAJM... no goods buildings in city, so no bonus. Bonus truly only useful for AF and OF and it takes more days of collecting FP than it saves in moving through those ages.
  • Flying Island: Hunting around for silly spawns in settlements @ random times during the day. Can't remember the last time I started one.
  • Space Carrier: Okay, helps a bit randomly with special goods and is an HC for negotiations (yawn). Decent GB in my book.
  • Star Gazer: Minor help with previous age goods. Nothing stellar. Helps with player in any age they are in.
  • Virgo Project: After nerf what was the point of having it?
Sadly SAM was the last age to offer TWO GBs and that is part of the complaint.

Before Space ages:
  • Himeji Castle: Free stuff while doing what my playstyle thrives on? Absolute must have!
  • Terracotta Army: Boosts all four attack/defense stats? Outstanding!
  • Kraken: Kind of a limited charges one shot "keen eye", but look at those FPs!
  • Blue Galaxy: Chance to double whatever you want to collect with it? How can this fail?
  • Gaea Statue: With Arc's ability to obtain medals, kind of pointless. Happiness was a thing for it until event buildings made it useless.
  • Artic Orangery: Yeah, "keen eye" original intro, but helps with saving troops and again FPs!
  • Rain forest project: If you need more goods...cool. BP help got drowned out by Arc.
  • The Arc: Game changer for most play styles and guild's ability to help their members level GBs.

So in space ages, two GBs actually help with the age it is from, the rest have minor abilities that can be done with or without in the age it is from or later. Meanwhile the ages before copy & paste space brought in several extremely helpful GBs that help in their age, ages before, and ages after.

If that doesn't provide clarity then best of luck to ya, @Emberguard

Last edited:

-Alin-

Emperor
More than "not at all".

Examples:
  • AI Core: Less efficient than Obs & Arc for guild goods. Provides no other benefit to someone in SAJM... no goods buildings in city, so no bonus. Bonus truly only useful for AF and OF and it takes more days of collecting FP than it saves in moving through those ages.
  • Flying Island: Hunting around for silly spawns in settlements @ random times during the day. Can't remember the last time I started one.
  • Space Carrier: Okay, helps a bit randomly with special goods and is an HC for negotiations (yawn). Decent GB in my book.
  • Star Gazer: Minor help with previous age goods. Nothing stellar. Helps with player in any age they are in.

Before Space ages:
  • Himeji Castle: Free stuff while doing what my playstyle thrives on? Absolute must have!
  • Kraken: Kind of a one shot "keen eye", but look at those FPs!
  • Blue Galaxy: Chance to double whatever you want to collect with it? How can this fail?
  • Gaea Statue: With Arc's ability to obtain medals, kind of pointless. Happiness was a thing for it until event buildings made it useless.
  • Artic Orangery: Yeah, limited charges "keen eye", but helps with saving troops and again FPs!
  • Rain forest project: If you need more goods...cool. BP help got drowned out by Arc.
  • The Arc: Game changer for most play styles and guild's ability to help their members level GBs.

So in space ages, two GBs actually help with the age it is from, the rest have minor abilities that can be done with or without in the age it is from or later. Meanwhile the ages before copy & paste space brought in several extremely helpful GBs that help in their age, ages before, and ages after.

SAJM is just a SAM V4, pretty sure Space Age Titan will be SAM V5 with keen eye of 40% and the top unit will be the Heavy Unit, other than new graphics they haven't made any real change in the last Space Age eras ...

Arctic Orangery is a very powerfull great building especially on level 134 for 40% which is achievable in time, after Château Frontenac (2nd) and The Arc (which is first).

estrid

Baronet
I don't really know where I should put this opinion of mine, so I try it here:
I have just got a daily task "Collect 4000 tavern silver". This is simply ridiculous!
I have never get the whole tavern collected more that twice a day. After some late improvement, which actually is nice,
it's sometimes only once a day.

I don't really know where I should put this opinion of mine, so I try it here:
I have just got a daily task "Collect 4000 tavern silver". This is simply ridiculous!
I have never get the whole tavern collected more that twice a day. After some late improvement, which actually is nice,
it's sometimes only once a day.
Three thoughts come to mind. First, is the quest swappable? If so, swap it out for something else. Second, 4K silver is difficult (that's why it's called a "challenge") but not impossible. It's important to curate your friends list to include 140 active friends that aid and visit your tavern (likewise, it's important for you to visit theirs). Third, don't collect your tavern until after you open up each day's daily challenge chest, this way you give yourself a head start in case you get a "collect silver" challenge.

Emberguard

Emperor
I have never get the whole tavern collected more that twice a day.
Excellent. You only need to collect a whole tavern twice to fulfill that anyway.

To be more precise, if you're relying solely on people visiting you then you need 2.9 Taverns. If you're visiting all your Friends Taverns then that drops to 2.33 Taverns

Granted you might not be visiting all 140 Friends, but the point is any Friends you visit is a reduced amount on that final Tavern so you can empty it sooner

estrid

Baronet
Three thoughts come to mind. First, is the quest swappable? If so, swap it out for something else. Second, 4K silver is difficult (that's why it's called a "challenge") but not impossible. It's important to curate your friends list to include 140 active friends that aid and visit your tavern (likewise, it's important for you to visit theirs). Third, don't collect your tavern until after you open up each day's daily challenge chest, this way you give yourself a head start in case you get a "collect silver" challenge.

Excellent. You only need to collect a whole tavern twice to fulfill that anyway.

To be more precise, if you're relying solely on people visiting you then you need 2.9 Taverns. If you're visiting all your Friends Taverns then that drops to 2.33 Taverns

Granted you might not be visiting all 140 Friends, but the point is any Friends you visit is a reduced amount on that final Tavern so you can empty it sooner

That task was swappable. I did and got that done. BUT if there will be more than one impossible tasks in the future, won't do them. usually no reward is good enough to be used diamonds for.

I don't have all active friends list. I keep those which give good stuff via Truce tower. And I always open the task first thing I do. Still it is twice the day at most, sometimes even not that.

I do visit friends taverns. But lots of them -even though they are active- are not emptying their taverns regularly because they play on mobile and don't like to watch those ads.

That task was swappable. I did and got that done. BUT if there will be more than one impossible tasks in the future, won't do them. usually no reward is good enough to be used diamonds for.

I don't have all active friends list. I keep those which give good stuff via Truce tower. And I always open the task first thing I do. Still it is twice the day at most, sometimes even not that.

I do visit friends taverns. But lots of them -even though they are active- are not emptying their taverns regularly because they play on mobile and don't like to watch those ads.
I've only come across one "impossible" daily challenge. It was a "complete x other quests" challenge and I was in Iron Age and had no recurring quests available because I had pushed the map too far and this was before the introduction of the daily bonus quest.

If you have inactive players on your friends list or have fewer than 140 friends that is your choice. Likewise, if you have friends that do not empty their tavern regularly it's your choice to keep them on your list.

Last edited:

estrid

Baronet
I've only come across one "impossible" daily challenge. It was a "complete x other quests" challenge and I was in Iron Age and had no recurring quests available because I had pushed the map too far and this was before the introduction of the daily bonus quest.

If you have inactive players on your friends list or have fewer than 140 friends that is your choice. Likewise, if you have friends that do not empty their tavern regularly it's your choice to keep them on your list.
This was the first time I came across to an impossible task IMO. Sure I have swapped some just because had totally forgotten to set boosts in the tavern or do 4h production before the end of the day. But those are not impossible per se.
I have now emptied some taverns on my live server. Is it true that amount of the silver depends on the era you are on?

I have now emptied some taverns on my live server. Is it true that amount of the silver depends on the era you are on?
The amount of silver that you collect from visiting taverns is age dependent (5 in IA, 30 in SAV). The amount of silver that you get from collecting your tavern is not dependent on your age but you can earn more if you upgrade your table tray.

More than "not at all".

Examples:

Before Space ages:
  • Kraken: Kind of a limited charges one shot "keen eye", but look at those FPs!
  • Artic Orangery: Yeah, "keen eye" original intro, but helps with saving troops and again FPs!

I might be a little late to the party, I still wanted to give my two cents on that one.

Your feedback to HC/Island/SC perfectly sums up the biggest problem the game has imho - players not accepting playstyles different to theirs.

HC is perfect for you because it perfectly supports your way of play? Good for you. But why degrade SC/Island when they’re doing exactly that, but to players with different playstyles? There ARE players doing mostly negotiations and I bet there also are players that highly enjoy playing settlements. Which makes Carrier and Island as perfect for their Playstyles as HC is for yours.

I am one of those players doing mostly negotiations - which makes SC perfect for me, while it makes HC as useless for me as SC is for you.

Meanwhile my island permanently gives me way stronger rewards through its shards - which you only need to collect once or twice a day since they stay for 24hrs - than ToR gives me through relics.

So I wouldn‘t call any of these 3 useless in the slightest. they’re just made for different playstyles and each perfect in the way they were intended.

mcbluefire

Baronet
I might be a little late to the party, I still wanted to give my two cents on that one.

Your feedback to HC/Island/SC perfectly sums up the biggest problem the game has imho - players not accepting playstyles different to theirs.

HC is perfect for you because it perfectly supports your way of play? Good for you. But why degrade SC/Island when they’re doing exactly that, but to players with different playstyles? There ARE players doing mostly negotiations and I bet there also are players that highly enjoy playing settlements. Which makes Carrier and Island as perfect for their Playstyles as HC is for yours.

I am one of those players doing mostly negotiations - which makes SC perfect for me, while it makes HC as useless for me as SC is for you.

Meanwhile my island permanently gives me way stronger rewards through its shards - which you only need to collect once or twice a day since they stay for 24hrs - than ToR gives me through relics.

So I wouldn‘t call any of these 3 useless in the slightest. they’re just made for different playstyles and each perfect in the way they were intended.

Seems I've been taken a wee bit out of context.

I gave the SC an overall rating of "Decent GB in my book" - hardly what I'd call useless. I do my 9 negotiations a day and then it's done. That's my play style; only see that it helps us both. You can do the same with HC and call it quits or not.

I'm glad you found a use for FI. Will it still be useful to you when you reach the age the GB came from?

That was the argument - the GBs do not support the eras they come from. They don't add anything useful to the era. Some of them aren't awful to have, but what do they do for the end gamer, regardless of playstyle? I even state on Arc it fits for most playstyles, so believe me I wasn't thinking of only one playstyle, but granted since I am not all players I cannot fathom all playstyles.

SC at least gives a random special good bunch. That DOES fit helping with the era it came from and beyond. HC provides a great help for supplies long before its era, but once there it's but a small drop in the bucket.

The guild perks were a much appreciated feature in the sense that it had a goal the members of a guild could work at together, each at his or her own pace, without fighting.

* GE is outdated, Both individual rewards and guild benefits are very limited, though still valuable.
* GvG is onloy on pc/laptop, and won't be brought to mobile. Also, it is fighting only.
* Guild Battle Grounds is also mostly about fighting.

What we lack is a challenge for the guild by building something together. The Perks neatly filled this gap, but the rewards were temporary. In my humble opinion a number of small permanent perks would be a very valuable addition to the game.

Possible rewards could be:
* A small defensive bonus in GBG, like 1% for every level of the perk.
* An extra engagement (like GE 5) in the GE. That would allow geuild to score above 133%.
* A small defensive bonus in GvG like 1% for every level of the perk.
* Lower trade costs in GBG, or less chance that exhaustion kicks in when trading
* Gaining extra guild levels above the current maximum of 100.
* Shorter travelling times on the guild map (are now in castle system, could be a perk too)
* slightly longer peace times in GBG (instead of 4 hours, 4 hours + 5 minutes, + 10 minutes, etc)
* 1 fp per level of perks (up to 5 levels max) for every player from the townhall, just like the guild level
* * lower cost of guild levels by 1 % per perk level
* there are probably a couple of other ideas in old discussions

The perks dont need to be called perks. It could be a Guild-capital city, with nice graphics for several kinds of buildings, each giving its own 'perk'. I could imagine the the foundation of each building could cost a number of diamonds. That might boost Inno's income.

Last edited:

Vimesfan

Merchant
Baking Sudoku Master
I don't know if I'm using the right terms, but the point is talking about it before the idea is in alfa, way before beta. They already implemented it and were looking for ways to improve it. I'm talking about a big idea post (like we do with suggestions) and we would give feedback about the idea, before it even exists in alfa.

For example, instead of releasing a "we hope to see your feedback on this unfinished feature being launched on beta X day" they could have said "We are planning on doing this with this requirements and this list of bonuses. What do you think?" and many of the feedback on beta release day would have already been heard before they wasted time developing the idea on alpha, and they could focus on a new list at that moment. One month later, with a nice list they could check for feedback again, and if it's good then they begin to develop it in game and everyone will be happy and inno doesn't waste face, time and effort in bad ideas

That's really true
I work at a health system that uses computerized charting and am on the team that manages it. This charting software company actively solicits input from all their customers about new features and enhancements. But as they develop new features and enhancements, they contact people like me and other administrators from their customers to come preview what they are developing. Often is is in the form of screenshots as opposed to a working feature. They take in the feedback from the customers and adjust their development accordingly. I have seen them do that multiple times with feedback I and others on my team have given. And they may come back to use to ask if they captured what we meant by it.

Granted, there are differences between this charting software and Inno. What this other company creates is a product that is purchased. It is a product that directly impacts patient care and patient lives. Input from the front lines is critical to keep their product at its best. Inno produces a game. Patient lives are not on the line, just the enjoyment of the game. I don't expect the same level of inputting player feedback into FoE. But as JhonnyBn says, please seek our input as soon as possible in the development. Pre-alpha feedback would be a good thing on both sides.

Dursland

Merchant
I certainly hope InnoGames has learned their lesson from Grepolis.

They implemented a major change to the premium system against player objections, which led to a quickly shrinking player base. Which led to even more monetization of the game, which only drove away more users. Now the game is on the verge of death and servers are barely playable anymore.

Seeing the smaller playerbase in us Dilmun, I'm hoping FoE isn't headed the same way.