• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Regarding Recent Feedback

Owl II

Emperor
you can't say how much 1 fight gives without saying in which age :rolleyes:
I'm not, but you can. The number of points not depends on the age. Only from difficulty. You have to be a complete loser to beat anything other than the highest difficulty

Owl II

Emperor
Oh, I forgot, full losers are also full-fledged players. PVP arena made for them, so I withdraw my statement. 300 points per fight is the average temperature in the hospital.

Amdira

Baronet
I'm not, but you can. The number of points not depends on the age. Only from difficulty. You have to be a complete loser to beat anything other than the highest difficulty
So everyone who isn't building up his city about combat, not interested in points and is just happy bout some easy fights for eventquests or DC from time to time is a loser? What about those who are attacking the whole hood, including very very low players then? What would you call them? :)

Yekk

Viceroy
you can't say how much 1 fight gives without saying in which age :rolleyes:
Owl is talking arena points which run from 150ish to 450ish per fight depending on difficulty of the fight. Total points carry over with a reduction at months end for the next season. But what is apparent is the number of players with minimum points as they show many do not use this part of the game. It is still "bugged" with the same possible fighters repeating over and over.

Owl II

Emperor
So everyone who isn't building up his city about combat, not interested in points and is just happy bout some easy fights for eventquests or DC from time to time is a loser? What about those who are attacking the whole hood, including very very low players then? What would you call them? :)
Everyone knows that the easiest fights in the upper age is high difficulty. :) My youngest farm world is in the future. Attack 190/133. I tried the PVP arena now for an experiment. This.. it was even funny. How to shoot rabbits in a pen. Ocean units are completely not combat-ready against hovers. And I had to be patient: the first defense army consisted of 8 rouges. The second one consists of 8 color guards. Then I tried other worlds in OF. It was harder there. Some of the armies of Mars are inaccessible. The worst was in the age of Mars, where I stepped by mistake 3 days ago. There is no ore open on the map and I can't do research and build barracks. VF units against Venus die on the spot. I can't call myself a complete loser there. Since I don't need an attack in these worlds, I'm a complete zero there.:D

Last edited:

mcbluefire

Baronet
Alrighty, so it's Friday in Germany now. Looking forward to today's announcement (?) regarding answering our (the forum as a whole) top questions. If not today then next week or perhaps even longer? Dunno if questions answered about the new age will mean much if they are answered after releasing the new age. ;)

In the meantime, we are preparing a text, where we try to answer your most burning questions regarding the event balancing and age. It should be finished in the next week, but we need some information first. So stay tuned for it.

Emberguard

Emperor
Germany 3 (DE3) has over 14,500 active players daily 3930/14,500=27% not including the players Juber says do not log on each day
Germany 8 (DE8) matches that closely
Most people do not use the arena now do they?
GvG was stated to only be 5% (can’t remember if that was 5% of desktop, or 5% of all players)

jmtiago

Farmer
GvG was stated to only be 5% (can’t remember if that was 5% of desktop, or 5% of all players)

because only 5% know what it is
If they gave prizes such as the battegrounds, everyone would have a computer, even those who have and say they just play from mobile....

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator

Points do vary over things other than difficulty. Noted in the new world after age-ups. Order of magnitude is similar, but the fights did seem to go up slightly in value immediately after aging up. But my high age worlds aren't too much different, so I dunno exactly what all goes into it (though I don't actually participate in those ones and just re-signed up to check so it could be that they're giving me "softer" pitches to start and less points for them?). Community wiki says the points for a hard fight can hit 500+ and I'm sure I've never seen that on any world.

Owl II

Emperor
Points do vary over things other than difficulty. Noted in the new world after age-ups. Order of magnitude is similar, but the fights did seem to go up slightly in value immediately after aging up. But my high age worlds aren't too much different, so I dunno exactly what all goes into it (though I don't actually participate in those ones and just re-signed up to check so it could be that they're giving me "softer" pitches to start and less points for them?). Community wiki says the points for a hard fight can hit 500+ and I'm sure I've never seen that on any world.
Battle points depend on the opponent's defense. It is not difficult to track the upper age, where the highest difficulty is the same bots. Ebony gives the most points. But I noticed that Venus gives more points compared to Jupiter (489 vs. 486). The gain of bots in Venus is lower at the same time (950% vs. 1000%)

Last edited:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Glad Inno became semi-transparent. Although the justification for space age: copy paste, blaming an year old event supposedly consuming the resources needed to make an unique age is odd to me. That SA:V became a SA:CP (Space Age: Copy Paste) is to some minor degrees understandable but a year later for the successor of SA:V? It rather appears like scrambling to pushing up the number on the blame list.
That been said, at least we got a definitive answer: events are the "new" content and a few new "features" where the existing features are assumable neglected/low priority. Guess we'll gonna keep the SA:CP series which exclusively offer new expansions as the useful stuff and minor upgrades for some event buildings.
Pretty sad but oh well, they have plenty ideas, suggestions and concepts to pick from for a new and unique space age on the forums. The space age units' Stats don't grow besides greater keen eye odds.

Overall I have only to say: Inno thnx for you're semi-transparency regarding the SA:CP series, it helps enormously with setting up expectations for the next decade. A major era has come to an end and Idk what to think of its successor. I just wants to sincerely thank the original team for the nostalgia and the new team for the semi-transparency.

Just remember, without those of us who on occasion cough up for some sparklies, Inno wouldn't be able to pay the electric bill, let alone the salaries.....

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I'm a bit confused. I know I did Archaeology on Beta. I'm fairly sure I didn't do it on the main servers. Yet the forum announcement says it will start on 23 March (okay, they do say "on Beta" but there's no other indication of when to expect it).

I do hope they've made changes to the butterfly group. It's a very pretty event building, but for the size, the rewards in the Beta version were just not worth even half the space.

I agree we need to stay polite, but also understand the frustration of all of us who play, make suggestions based on spending WAY too much time playing this game, point out inconsistencies and other problems - and seem to be totally ignored by the devs. A monthly newsletter - a page will do - from the actual dev team stating "we're working on x, y, and z" or "this is why we can't do [insert idea]" would be helpful. It would be even more helpful if it is not posted on Facebook, some of us detest FB and avoid it like the plague. (Ditto Instagram, TikTok, all those wonderful apps that track us better than the NSA.)
They did make changes after the initial offering for it (about halfway through the beta run). The new stats are pretty decent and allow for interesting configurations.

They did make changes after the initial offering for it (about halfway through the beta run). The new stats are pretty decent and allow for interesting configurations.
And having posted that, I realised I was in the beta forum, not the main world (okay, it's late, I had a long trip in crappy weather, I'm tired and my pup just had an accident on the carpet) so deleted my post. But the last paragraph still is valid and I will repost that.

I agree we need to stay polite, but also understand the frustration of all of us who play, make suggestions based on spending WAY too much time playing this game, point out inconsistencies and other problems - and seem to be totally ignored by the devs. A monthly newsletter - a page will do - from the actual dev team stating "we're working on x, y, and z" or "this is why we can't do [insert idea]" would be helpful. It would be even more helpful if it is not posted on Facebook, some of us detest FB and avoid it like the plague. (Ditto Instagram, TikTok, all those wonderful apps that track us better than the NSA.)

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Did I miss the post that has answers for our burning questions? Ah well, looks like the devs left Juber and those of us interested hanging...
If I’m not mistaken it wasn’t answered at the Beta forum but through live forums in the Space age: Copy paste #3 announcement, see link below:
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/space-age-jupiter-moon.43761/#post-376766
It’s regarding the Space Age: Copy paste series. I’ve linked the US announcement because it’s an English live server.
I still find it odd to give the wild life event as an “recent” event. As at the moment of writing the wild life event 2022 has not even been Beta released yet.