• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Do Not Suggest Refined promethium

• Thread starter DeletedUser9263
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser9263

Proposal:
Refined Promethium is a new content feature that gives an old idea a brand new purpose. My goal is to create a new feature that has a variety of uses, gives a promethium a new use and adds new content to the growing game.

Reason:
My main reason for this idea is because I wanted to make a new idea that could be used for many new developments. Depending upon what the refined promethium's uses are, (What promethium would be refined into) we can have a variety of new uses for it, such as the batteries for new troops, (see image) a negotiation tool, a generator for ceres settlement life support, run artificial sunlight bulbs for interplanetary food farms, the uses can be endless. I have a lot more ideas that I haven't been able to create, due to lack of knowledge or lack of artistic ability, so I have to apologize for any unfinished parts of my idea. I am merely laying out a template of my ideas to be picked up by the developers making the new content.

Details:
I originally came up with the idea of an upgrade for the original design for the arctic harbor, a SAC equivalent that would both gather the promethium in the AF section (The original Arctic Harbor part,) and refine it, (in the Space Age Ceres spot). This refined good could be used as a battery or even a laser of the new troops, depending on the actual uses for the new material. It could be used to build life support materials and/or be used for research to develop new technologies using it. The possibilities, if harnessed properly, are endless.

Visual Aids:

I included a picture of the troop screen for a hypothetical SAC troop. The ranged Decoy Drone fires lasers and has powerful engines, both of which could hypothetically use the new material.

Screenshot 2020-01-09 at 12.04.13 PM.png
Screenshot 2020-01-09 at 12.04.13 PM.png

I am not putting the SAC harbor as an image because I could never make it more than a cracked snow globe with wires and pipes surrounding it.
Balance:
It may need to be less expensive to refine depending upon how much it is used for if it has too many uses and is expensive many players with not be able to produce it fast enough and will deteriorate to hitting their head and cursing my name as they wait for the promethium to finish refining.

Abuse Prevention:
I am not sure at the moment. If anyone notices a way, please let me know and I will do my best to prevent it.

Summary:

In conclusion, I am creating a new concept for a semi-old resource, refined promethium has many different uses that can be exploited, and I am looking forward to seeing how the community and Forge of Empires themselves decide to use my concept.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

zlobnyj bot

Squire
What Not To Suggest?

• New buildings or items. Buildings and items are decided upon according to a feature, event, era and need to ensure they are balanced within the game.
Respectfully, at first I suggested that this idea is not about new resources, but rather about using the old as semi-finished products to produce something in new eras. at the moment, the harbor is abandoned after passing through certain eras, and even if ships are sent, it does not bring any benefit, for the reason that this resource is not needed anywhere else. as an option, could they be melted into stones / coins for the same antique dealer? it will not affect the balance, the old resource, the old resource, old buildings, but interest in the production and search for goods of old eras can significantly increase)
original message
с уважением, сначала я предположил, что эта идея не о новых ресурсах, а скорее использовании старых в виде полуфабрикатов для производства чего- либо в новых эпохах. на данный момент гавани забрасываются после прохождения определенных эпох, и даже если отправлять корабли, пользы это не приносит, по той причине, что этот ресурс больше нигде не требуется. как вариант, их можно было бы переплавлять в камни/монеты для того же антиквара ? на баланс это не повлияет, старый ресурс- старый ресурс- старые здания, а вот интерес к производству и поиску товаров старых эпох может значительно поднять)

as an option, could they be melted into stones / coins for the same antique dealer? it will not affect the balance, the old resource, the old resource, old buildings, but interest in the production and search for goods of old eras can significantly increase)

Use promethium from their stock to get Auction Dealer coins/gems? instead from only items traded with the dealer?
That would give an advantage to players at Artic Era and beyond over any player below AF Era that would be included in the same bidding at the Auction Dealer.

Balance issue unless Inno can ensure only AF players and above are mixed togheter in an Auction Dealer bidding.

Even if not an advantage against other players competing in the same auction (all players selected by the game to participate in the auction are at AF era or above, therefore capable to have/use Promitium) it is still an advantage/balance issue since AF players and above would be able to get more rewards from auctions than players still below AF era.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

The devs will think of the goods .

Last edited by a moderator:

zlobnyj bot

Squire
Use promethium from their stock to get Auction Dealer coins/gems? instead from only items traded with the dealer?
That would give an advantage to players at Artic Era and beyond over any player below AF Era that would be included in the same bidding at the Auction Dealer.

Balance issue unless Inno can ensure only AF players and above are mixed togheter in an Auction Dealer bidding.

Even if not an advantage against other players competing in the same auction (all players selected by the game to participate in the auction are at AF era or above, therefore capable to have/use Promitium) it is still an advantage/balance issue since AF players and above would be able to get more rewards from auctions than players still below AF era.
that is, you think that players who have invested a certain amount of goods and strategic points in science, and spending goods each time the harbor is launched, should not have an advantage over players who do not invest anything? in my opinion, it looks a lot like nonsense. any investment should pay off, no one will invest otherwise, and at the exit we will have a bunch of players of the Iron Age or the Middle Ages)

ps about trash - any player on an expedition with a temple of level 80 is littered with trash for an antiquary above his own height)

Last edited:
Any player can have an Temple of Relics, an eventually raise it to level 80 if he/she like, no balance issue there. If a player chooses to not level up his/her Temple of Relics that is another story.

However, giving certain players an additional source of Auction Dealer coins/gems, that is not available to players competing on the same auctions is clearly not balanced/unfair.

Anyway, not debating further since the idea is now at the "Do not Suggest" list.

zlobnyj bot

Squire
Any player can have an Temple of Relics, an eventually raise it to level 80 if he/she like, no balance issue there. If a player chooses to not level up his/her Temple of Relics that is another story.

However, giving certain players an additional source of Auction Dealer coins/gems, that is not available to players competing on the same auctions is clearly not balanced/unfair.

Anyway, not debating further since the idea is now at the "Do not Suggest" list.
also, any player can grow into an arctic future with time. if he decided not to grow, this is his conscious choice. but to deprive a grown-up person of something, for fear that too cunning / slow will get less, is this a conscious unjust restriction, do not you think so? it's like chopping off the legs of cyclists so as not to embarrass the lame))
оригин
также любой игрок может вырасти до арктического будующего со временем. если он решил не расти- это его сознательный выбор. но лишать выросшего человека чего-то, из боязни, что слишком хитрому/медленному достанется меньше, это сознательное несправедливое ограничение, вам так не кажется? все равно что отрубить ноги велосипедистам, чтобы не смущать хромых))

Status
Not open for further replies.