• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Reduce cluttering at screen - New Reminders Tab at Town Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason
To educe the need of those many buttons or icons cluttering the screen and obstructing the view.
Details
Basically create a Reminders tab at Town Hall similar to the Events History to have there reminders from the game about things to do at the city. For example:

Buildings unconnected to roads at city.
Buildings with Productions ready and not collected.
Buildings ready to start new production.
Building plundered at city pending to be re started
Auction Dealer rewards ready to collect
Settlements collections ready
Tavern Full
Others

After the required action is done the reminder tod be removed from the list.
Balance
No issue, just graphic improvement.
Abuse Prevention
No issue, just graphic improvement.
Summary
To organize all reminders in one place and reduce objects on screen obscuring the view of the city and area around.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Yes, other ideas about reducing icons / buttons at screen. None proposing a tab at Town Hall to replace some of them.
Create a Reminders tab at Town Hall similar to the Events History to have there reminders from the game about things to do at the city.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Umbrathor

Baronet
How do you know there are reminders? And if some of them are not relevant to you (such as deliberately unconnected buildings), how do you distinguish when there is something that does warrant your attention?

I don't have much of a problem with screen cluttering. I play on PC. It may be different for people playing on phone.

A red flag or similar icon can be displayed at Town Hall if there are reminders to be checked.
Regarding if reminder is relevant or not only the player (not the game programming) would know, as in the example " (such as deliberately unconnected buildings) ".

Emberguard

Emperor
Regarding if reminder is relevant or not only the player (not the game programming) would know, as in the example " (such as deliberately unconnected buildings) ".
Yeah but how would I then be able to use the reminder. Ok disconnected building..... disconnected where? You've moved the visual to the town hall

Emberguard

Emperor
The Tavern and Antiques personally I wouldn't want moved. They're not in the main area of the city so they're not covering anything up and they're exactly where I need them to be

Ok disconnected building..... disconnected where? You've moved the visual to the town hall

If you got three (3) disconnected buildings on the city, each one would have a visual icon floating on top of it to show the building is disconnected. Apart of these, another icon is at the screen showing that at least there is a disconnected building. That icon is the one I intend to be removed from the screen, not the individual ones on each building.

Similarily with productions that can be started and show a "sleeping" image over the buildings and another icon/button to show that at least one building is iddle and can start a production.

I agree, recent change that moved the Tavern and Auction Dealer to the Settlements port area reduced cluttering.

Beta-OD

Squire
How about a visual aid? I really don't know what you want to remove. The screens are different on browser vs app, that might be some of the confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.