• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: Recurring quests buttons [47066]

• Thread starter DeletedUser8404
  • Start date

DeletedUser8404

In today's changelog, it says "Fixed an issue where quest animations and quest loading was not displaying correctly if you cancelled more than 1 quest in a row". Does that include the Abort/Pay buttons being slow to become active? At least in the HTML5 version, every time I cycle to a new quest, it takes about a second or two for the button to switch from greyed out and inactive to the proper colour and responsive to clicks. This was new as of last night's update, I believe, and I'm just wondering if I should file a proper bug report for it or if that change was the same issue.

Amy Steele

Regent
Hi RobinHood70, the issue that was fixed in the daily changelog entry that you mention is the one reported here, where the scrolling behaviour of quests was sometimes wrong.

The behaviour you have experienced since that update is actually occuring as a consequence of the fix for the issue in the changelog. As such, it's likely that the unresponsiveness of the buttons will be a 'will not fix', at least for now

DeletedUser8404

Hi Amy, thanks for getting back to me!

That's going to slow down quest-looping significantly. While I may be the first to notice it, I suspect a lot of people will complain about it, especially once it hits live.

DeletedUser7704

Sound's like it's what Inno want's - ie to slow the whole game down :(

DeletedUser8404

It seems my 'for now' was a little shorter than expected :D
I'm pleased to say this issue is now to be addressed by our development team :cool: though I cannot say how long that might take to resolve
Translation: one of the devs is a quest-looper and decided this was a major priority? :p

DeletedUser5051

For the recurring quests, why do we have to cycle through of options after we complete a quest. Couldn't it start with the one that was just completed and then cycle from there? That way people could keep the quests that they want instead of wasting time to cycling through the quests they don't like or choose not to complete.

housemouse

Squire
For the recurring quests, why do we have to cycle through of options after we complete a quest. Couldn't it start with the one that was just completed and then cycle from there? That way people could keep the quests that they want instead of wasting time to cycling through the quests they don't like or choose not to complete.

Great idea :)

DeletedUser

Best idea in here for a long time .-)

DeletedUser7779

Okay, so this was reported to the devs as a bug on beta, but released on live as an improvement ?!??!?!?!?!?!
Seriously???????
:mad:

DeletedUser8859

+1

DeletedUser

Sorry, but to me this is just short of asking the devs to write what is the equivalent to a bot so a player can skip parts of the game mechanic. I will pass it along though :)

DeletedUser7779

Sorry, but to me this is just short of asking the devs to write what is the equivalent to a bot so a player can skip parts of the game mechanic. I will pass it along though :)
Uhm, then the aid button could be considered as a bot too? ;) Because before that we had to m/p cities manually.
I surely wouldn't mind if the last completed cycling quest shows up first after completing, but that's a different topic.
No comments on why the lag (greyed out abort button) was transferred on live even after reporting it as bug here?

DeletedUser

Uhm, then the aid button could be considered as a bot too? ;)

The Aid button simply auto generates 1 of 2 possible actions, randomizes them. What was suggested here would have to evaluate which recurring quests you do, and which ones you skip, and then filter it back for only the content any specific player wants. So in my opinion that represents much more of an automated intrusion on the existing quest line mechanics than Aid picking between a mot or a pol.
Just saying ;)

DeletedUser

The Aid button simply auto generates 1 of 2 possible actions, randomizes them. What was suggested here would have to evaluate which recurring quests you do, and which ones you skip, and then filter it back for only the content any specific player wants. So in my opinion that represents much more of an automated intrusion on the existing quest line mechanics than Aid picking between a mot or a pol.
Just saying ;)

What Zwucki ment was before the aid button everyone that wanted to aid had to goto the city/player they wanted to aid and then aid, and then goto the next city to aid there, the aid button saved allot of time for players.... it has nothing to do with the choice of 1 of 2 possible actions (MO/PO)

DeletedUser7942

lol, I think maybe that could be, just short of it perhaps like you say. But I also agree with the m/p thing to, getting an AID button essentially usurped the time it took to go to each players city to m/p them. As a recurring quester myself on live I can tell you I was very happy to see the confirmation to abort quest window go away and the new quest window worked out fine in the end once they sped it up however this to me went about 75% of the way there with essentially doing the same thing as Aiding i.e. it took away some of the tediousness out of the process. I suppose one could also say the same of autobattle, that's just short of scripting to, if by scripting we mean to say the user has things done automatically.

To add I have seen comments by other recurring questers for quite some time asking for the ability to choose which quests they want to do and omit the others without going through the abort process of quests they will never do, one would still have to collect from the building then collect the quest, repeat until all buildings and quests are collected then set all productions again so scripting to me would mean auto collect and complete quests with the push of one button, sort of like Aiding;) whereas this is merely asking to remove the last pointless aspect to recurring quests. You guys have already given us the option to not see the abort confirmation window, I don't think another window selecting which recurring quests we want to do is out of the realm.

As for my personal experience regarding this slight delay, at first it was horrible because it was obvious something had changed, I wasn't quite sure what but I couldn't collect and cycle as usual but then I realized collecting/aborting from the top quest rather than the bottom worked just fine but I have three questgivers I'm cycling through because I'm at the endgame so I don't even notice the delay, if someone is not and they are cycling through one questgiver that slight delay can be aggravating as heck and I can sympathize.

Oh yeah and just to compare it takes me like a half hour to do my recurring quests, if I had the ability to omit the recurring quests I never do that would take some time off and it would be a blessing and I would be grateful but doubt it would be so significant as to be considered scripting, rather just a little quicker, aiding my friends and guildies goes much much faster than recurring questing.:D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

aid skips following parts of the game mechanic
- visit the other city
- click on motivate or polish
- click on a building
- go back to your city or visit the next city
equivalent to a bot

similar the implementation of the GB list to donate directly to the GB without visiting other cities.
before that the game mechanic was
- visit the city of the player
- open the GB
- donate to the GB
- close GB
- go back to your city or go to the next city
equivalent to a bot

so as we already became so many "bots" we also want one for quests :p