• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: Reconstruction mode: STILL strange behaviour / saves only parts of the changes

Andi47

Overlord
The infinite loading seems to be fixed, but the reconstruction mode still shows strange behaviour. I did:

1.) go to reconstruction mode
2.) found a few buildings which I recently built from the building menu, in my temp. storage
3.) placed the temp. stored buildings (had to move a few watchfires out of the way for doing this!)
4.) apply changes to city
5.) visit Vikings and collect Hut productions
6.) back to city
7.) reload (just for testing; there was no urge to reload at this point)
8.) go to reconstruction mode
9.) two of the buildings have "jumped" back to temp. storage
10.) placed them again
11.) back to city (after one or two more tries I found the temp. storage empty and all buildings in the city)
12.) go to reconstruction mode
13.) strip all
14.) place a few buildings (roads, Himeji, Greater Runestone and a Stealth Tank factory - in this order)
15.) back to city and (just for testing) reload
16.) Roads and Stealth Tank factory were still in the draft city, Greater Runestone and Stelth Tank jumped back to temp. storage

Expected in step 2: WHY are buildings going to temp. storage when building them from scratch? DON'T do this!

Expected in step 9: Draft city should be as it was in step 3 / 4

Expected at 16: All buildings placed in step 14 should be found in the draft city

Andi47

Overlord
Somewhat later, with about a quater of my buildings placed into the "draft city" - I went back to city and to Viking Village for collection - and then back to Reconstruction mode. And, Himeji, Greater Runestone and Alcatraz, which I already had in the draft, jumped back to temporal storage.

Edit: Back to city a third time; always seem to be the same buildings which jump back to storage - Alcatraz, Himeji and Greater Runestone lv. 5. Are they not saveable?

Edit 2, next visit to city and Vikings, and the list of "jumping back" buildings becomes longer:

ALWAYS jumping back (6 tests and counting)
  • Alcatraz
  • Himeji
  • Greater Runestone Level 5
Sometimes jumping back
  • Monastery
  • Pillar of Heroes Level 7
Edit3: 1.149.24b4365d6cf (15.03.2019 9:26)

Last edited:

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Expected in step 2: WHY are buildings going to temp. storage when building them from scratch? DON'T do this!
They won't go to temporary storage, if you have no draft at all (no stored or moved around buildings inside Reconstruction Mode). If you have a draft, it makes sense that they go to temporary storage because 1. this way they don't mess up your draft (but rather you choose where to place them in the draft) 2. said location in RM may be occupied by other buildings already.

Andi47

Overlord
They won't go to temporary storage, if you have no draft at all (no stored or moved around buildings inside Reconstruction Mode). If you have a draft, it makes sense that they go to temporary storage because 1. this way they don't mess up your draft (but rather you choose where to place them in the draft) 2. said location in RM may be occupied by other buildings already.

Sure?

And is a draft city auto-created when I just attempt to swap two or three buildings by "sliding-puzzling", i.e. without going to reconstruction mode?

And maybe I always have a draft, because the Himeji keeps jumping back to storage when I go to reconstruction mode?

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Sure?

And is a draft city auto-created when I just attempt to swap two or three buildings by "sliding-puzzling", i.e. without going to reconstruction mode?

And maybe I always have a draft, because the Himeji keeps jumping back to storage when I go to reconstruction mode?
Sure. Go to Reconstruction Mode, revert all changes, and save/go back to city. Now you have no draft. When swapping buildings, moving buildings, or placing buildings in your city, they will not be placed in temporary storage in Reconstruction Mode.

I don't know what the jumping back is and it's difficult to envision as I don't have any buildings going to temporary storage without a reason.

ETA: Found your issue, because saving a building to the same spot in city vs Reconstruction Mode doesn't work, it sends it back in temporary storage instead. Only affects browser though.

Last edited: