• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Reconstruction Mode Improvements

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser9537

HUZZAH! I was using it the other day and LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

Andi47

Overlord
@Andi47 Have you been able to use reconstruction mode before? Or have you always had to 'sliding puzzle' when rearranging your city?

I have successfully used it several times on .de8 and beta before the update (i.e. as it is still on the live servers), but it never worked for me after the "improvements" (only tried today)

Andi47

Overlord
HUZZAH! I was using it the other day and LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

As for my opinion: Either revert to the old reconstruction mode, or improve its stability against brief outages of the internet connections (make it RECONNECT instead of losing everything and not even being able to save it after moving ONE road!)

Edit: Seems to work when I only do some tiny things (e.g. swap a shrine with a blacksmith for testing), but it would crash when I use the "move all buildings to storage" button and then place even a few roads.

1BFA

Viceroy
Draft didn't save all the changes for me too.

1. go to rc mode, remove all buidings
2. redo city (i did everything)
3. click on go back to city (everything should have been saved now)
4. open vikings, start building a hut
5. switch over to another tab, eg: your main world
6. after 15-30 mins or so go back to beta tab
7. you will see that the hut is not yet built (another bug)
8. click on back to city (notice some refresh happens)
9. go back to vikings and you see hut is built
10. go back to rc mode, some buildings are missing in your city and you need to add them back

I was able to reproduce this issue twice at different times.

OS windows 10
browser safari
html mode

edit: happened again, so 3 times in a row...so in my books 100% reproducible
edit2: Skipped step 4, 7,8,9 and still the same buildings went missing. It's always the same go missing.

Last edited:

Andi47

Overlord
As for my opinion: Either revert to the old reconstruction mode, or improve its stability against brief outages of the internet connections (make it RECONNECT instead of losing everything and not even being able to save it after moving ONE road!)

just not to be misunderstood about the "revert" thingy: I WOULD like the "store all" and the draft, IF it works. But as of now the reconstruction mode is not useable at all.

Andi47

Overlord
A comparison of old/new reconstruction mode:

Old reconstruction mode
  • put buildings to temp. storage manually --> works fine, but is time consuming
  • placing buildings from storage --> works fine
  • discard changes --> works fine
  • save changes (if everything placed) and back to city --> works fine

New reconstruction mode
  • put buildings to temp. storage manually --> works fine, but is time consuming
  • placing buildings from storage --> works fine
  • discard changes --> works fine
  • save changes (if everything placed) and back to city --> works fine
  • put all buildings to temp. storage: looks nice, but always (10/10, several players, different browsers) crashes when returning to city or saving finished city --> not functional
  • save and return to city --> crash without saving --> seemingly not functional (at least after using "store all"; for now I'm too frustrated for testing without store all)

Conclusion: Nothing to test here, thread can be closed. (<--- disclimer: This sentence might contain sarcasm)

Desirable action by @InnoGames: Please forward / fix this bug so that we can test any functional new feature.

1BFA

Viceroy
When we need to place a row or soks or houses etc, instead of each time going back to reconstruction menu to pick the item, it will nice once you select an item it becomes sticky like self aid kit and you can plant as many you want. maybe just like roads??

DeletedUser9127

hm, alles gut und scön, aber das wesentliche , um umbaumodus zu benutzen, scheint immernoch zu fehlen, nämlich gebäde hinzuzufügn, durch kauf oder aus dem inventar, oder habe ich was übersehen

DeletedUser9522

hm, alles gut und scön, aber das wesentliche , um umbaumodus zu benutzen, scheint immernoch zu fehlen, nämlich gebäde hinzuzufügn, durch kauf oder aus dem inventar, oder habe ich was übersehen
Well, all well and good, but the essentials to use reconstruction mode still seems to be missing, to add buildings, by purchase or from the inventory, or have I overlooked something

DeletedUser9537

I dunno... It worked fine for me... I "rebuild" often... (shrugs) maybe that has nothing to do with it, or maybe whatever template holds the temp data is used to my tinkering?

I haven't been able to recreate the errors... Yet anyway... I only used it a couple of times.

EDIT: Is different today... Can only pick up all, revert and save... But it all works for me without crashing... Let me try delaying revert...

Last edited by a moderator:

Andi47

Overlord
For me the reconstruction mode is not usable at all:

yesterday I NEWLY built two blacksmiths and one Glider Hieve (and moved a few Victory Towers to free the space before, but without entering reconstruction mode)
Now, when entering reconstruction mode, I have these buildings (2 blacksmiths, 1 Glider Hieve) in my temp. storage, and the Victory towers as they were before moving them. When move the VTs to free the space and place the three buildings, and then click "apply to city", i get neverending loading; after reload and entering reconstruction mode, the three buildings are back in temp. storage.

DeletedUser9760

When I move my Babel (using Reconstruction Mode) in my Iron Age city, the new position is never saved on the draft. For the rest of the buildings looks like it's working well

Attachments

• Image.JPG
    Image.JPG
    292.5 KB · Views: 11

DeletedUser9779

I don't even have the option to save buildings in edit mode as a temp storage until I can finish a new city layout.

I like the stripe all feature and it works well for me. How everything is organized works for me too. I don't really need every building put into its own category. It would be nice though to not have it go back to the start, top, of the list every time a building is placed though. Also to be able to place more than one at time, if a player has it, would be great - much like we do roads. Just ideas.

Andi47

Overlord
Reconstruction mode is useable now (and I like the "strip all" button and the "save and return to city" option), but it is still bugged - see bugs forum.

BTW: for better understanding / user friendliness the "back to city" button should be renamed to "save and back to city".

1BFA

Viceroy
Reconstruction mode is useable now (and I like the "strip all" button and the "save and return to city" option), but it is still bugged - see bugs forum.

BTW: for better understanding / user friendliness the "back to city" button should be renamed to "save and back to city".

BTW when you place something in rc mode it saves. e.g. place bunch of items and then close the tab. when you return back to rc mode you will see the items that you placed.

DeletedUser9987

Draft didn't save all the changes for me too.

1. go to rc mode, remove all buidings
2. redo city (i did everything)
3. click on go back to city (everything should have been saved now)
4. open vikings, start building a hut
5. switch over to another tab, eg: your main world
6. after 15-30 mins or so go back to beta tab
7. you will see that the hut is not yet built (another bug)
8. click on back to city (notice some refresh happens)
9. go back to vikings and you see hut is built
10. go back to rc mode, some buildings are missing in your city and you need to add them back

I was able to reproduce this issue twice at different times.

OS windows 10
browser safari
html mode

edit: happened again, so 3 times in a row...so in my books 100% reproducible
edit2: Skipped step 4, 7,8,9 and still the same buildings went missing. It's always the same go missing.

Attachments

• FOElockup.pdf
    315.5 KB · Views: 6

DeletedUser9987

I really like renovation. It has crashed twice. Both times I had been logged in for a few hours without logging out. Latest I redid the whole city, then clicked save. After 3 hours still a spinning shield. I could make the screen big or small, but program did not progress, i.e. completed productions didn’t show, nor did anything else change on the screen. After 1 hour, I logged out of all other programs and closed all devices using my net (I have unlimited use). 2 hours later still nothing. Other times I have made a few changes, then saved.. Tedious but no lock ups I uploaded a file - I think it is attached above. I've never used a forum before. sorry for so clumsy.

DeletedUser8394

Would love to be able to have access to this in Settlements and to also be able to, as an example "delete all roads/runestones".