• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Forwarded Reconstruction mode 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasair

Farmer
Proposal:
Add the following features to the reconstruction mode:
1.) Multiple versions of a city
2.) Ability to delete buildings
3.) Ability to add buildings
4.) 2D-View
5.) Ability to switch buildings while in moving mode
6.) Ability to move whole sets of buildings
7.) Show street connection
8.) Abiltiy to load foreign cities to reconstruct

Reason:
To make reconstructing cities, especially high age cities, easier and remove the need for 3rd-party city planners.

Details:
1.) Multiple versions of a city
It would be very helpful if we could reconstruct our city then save the version, try again, save the 2nd version, repeat again x - times and
then decide which version we like the best and activate it.

2.) Ability to delete buildings
To be able to delete buildings like streets and so on, if you don't need or want them anymore in your reconstructed city.
The deletion of course would only take effect, when the reconstructed city is activated.
To make that possible one could put a Trash tab into menu or something like that.

3.) Ability to add buildings
The abiltiy to place buildings from our inventory or add streets for example.

4.) 2D-View
The ability to see our city in a 2D-View to be better able to plan our city, as often times buildings in 3D obscure other buildings.
2D View would make it a lot easier to see if there are gaps in our planning.

5.) Ability to switch buildings while in moving mode
Like on live city we should be able to exchange one building for another when moving them around.
For example we placed the Arc and have the AO inhand to be placed and decide that it should be where the Arc is at the moment, so we place the AO on the grid and get the Arc back into our hand to place somewhere else.

6.) Ability to move whole sets of buildings
It would be fantastic to be able to select multiple buildings to move which stay in the same relation/distance to one another while moving them.
A lot of people have for example multiple spring-sets which are more often than not interlaced with each other.
That makes moving them around while reconstructing more and more horrendous the bigger the number of interlaced buildings/sets gets.

7.) Show street connection
Like on live cities, it would be very helpful to be able to see if buildings are connected to the street in the reconstructed city.
It is very annoying to acivate a reconstructered city only to realise that a swath of buildings are not connected to the city hall.

8.) Abiltiy to load foreign cities to reconstruct
The ability to plan the reconstuction of foreign cities from the same server without the ability to activate them of course.

Balance:
Should only require adjustments to the reconstruction mode and no other game features should be impacted by it.

Abuse Prevention:
No abuse possible.

Summary:
Makes planning cities more fun, easier, more efficient, time-saving and better.
With each new event we get new buildings, to clear enough in our cities to place them let alone more than one is always a big challenge.
Because of that an easier time to clear that space or replan the city to make it, might encourage players to spend more diamonds on events.

Well I hope that this is the right way to propose an idea and that others like at least a few points of the proposed features.

This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.

Sl8yer

Regent
Why would it make planning cities more fun? WHY DON'T YOU JUST ASK FOR ONE BUTTON THAT WILL BUILD YOUR PERFECT CITY?

Most of the features you want have already been proposed.

DeletedUser9778

+1
Some are so so and maybe hard to add but in general is a huge yes, such a blessing 2D, so many tall buildings and can't see behind them and invisible mode of the building doesn't help.

Please, 2D mode, I can't see behind some tall buildings.

PS. where is the poll in this thread, put it.

Lasair

Farmer
Why would it make planning cities more fun? WHY DON'T YOU JUST ASK FOR ONE BUTTON THAT WILL BUILD YOUR PERFECT CITY?

Most of the features you want have already been proposed.

I do not want a one button perfect build city. For me it is a challenge I like to accept to improve my city, but that does not mean that there are no possibilities to make that easier or more conventient or what ever you would like to call it. It would expand our possibilities from just easier rearranging to actual planning. There is a reason that nearly all 3rd party planners have those features or at least a few of them. So either like it or don't, thats your prerogative. But don't shout at me because I have a different opinion. If parts of it have already been proposed I didn't see it, and it seems I'm not the only one who would like them then.

Sl8yer

Regent
For me it is a challenge I like to accept to improve my city

And yet you want to make it easier. Strange way to still see it as a challenge.

How much do you really use RM in the game? Should devs waste time on this?

DeletedUser10101

2d view would be nice
swap a building when relocating to an occupied space is nice.

the rest of the proposal i think is unnecessary. can already build/delete by returning to city (not abandon in progress work) and make changes that will reflect when reconstruction is opened again. 2d eliminates the need for road connection flags as all road can be viewed. Being able to load another city, clearly for the purpose of assisting another player, i feel is violation of one of the basic rules in the game regarding playing for someone else.

RM is a far cry better than what had to be done to do in city changes, but anyone that had the opportunity to use the player created planner that no longer can pull from the server as a start point probably feel a little let down by RM.

MasterofDeath

Merchant
I really like the 2D view and street connection. I don't know how often 1 city block gets moved and everything is messed up when you accept changes, In a big city finding that one square can be a nightmare. These 2 are definitely a must have.

Being able to delete buildings, especially extra street tiles, would be great. It would be a great time saver but not crucial.

I don't need multiple views, moving sets of buildings or anything with foreign cities.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.