• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Forwarded Reconstruction -> Default Action "Move"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArklurBeta

Baronet
Reason
When you open the Reconstruction view, the default selected action is the "Storing", and you can easily store buildings **by mistake** when you just want to move the screen.
Details
When you open the Reconstruction view, the selected action is the "Move". I think the only drawback is people "need to know/find" how to store buildings (by selection the "Store" action), but given the UI is very straightforward, don't think it's an issue.
Balance
N/A
Abuse Prevention
N/A
Summary
This is a QoL change that would decrease the times people get frustrated by mistakes I mentioned above, and seems like a fairly simply change, should required very little coding time.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Yes, I've read the DSNL and checked the forum for similar idea.
Change the default action in Reconstruction to Move from Store building temporarily.

This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
When you open this mode it's good to start with "store".
The screen display is already on the area that will be modified.
This suggestion wastes time selecting "store".

She's bad.

ArklurBeta

Baronet
The screen display is already on the area that will be modified.

If you have a large city, that's not really the case. You'll see the exact same spot in the reconstruction mode what you were looking at in "normal view", so...again, if you have a big city, you'll pretty much have to scroll to the part of the city where you are planning to make adjustments. Yes, technically you could do it in "normal view" and then switch to reconstruction mode, but I find it tedious.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
I think about the changes before so I am necessarily on the part that I am going to change.
And as my city is at the maximum (I have all the possible expansions) I never change the totality at once.
I empty the whole area and replace everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.