• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Ranking placement (neighborhood)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malnaborg

Farmer
Reason
As of now the neighborhood is for me broken, with how and who you get as your neighbor.
Details
For more than a month now i have been place with the top 30 players on the whole server, and more actually in the highest category.
My place you ask.... 287 Meaning i have millions and millions of points between me and just the few players after me. I am number 72 in the neighborhood, and the whole reason with this topic is the massive, endless attack i am getting, with no possible way to do anything in form of diffence, well other than a constant city shield.

I do not understand how it is so difficult to make a ranking placement in the neighborhood just after the simple number we have.

Quite simple. You should be placed in your neighborhood with your apparent 70+ closest ranking "buddies"
Simply just start from the top. Number 1 to 70 (how big the nieghborhood is) 71 to 140
Next neighborhood placing will be 141 to..... and so on. Simple and affective placing.

With this neighborhood, you will always be in range of people who are in the same age as you, or at least have the same scale of points as you. If and when you get more points you just rise in the neighborhoods ranking, as you would normally do on the ranking list.

This will also help with trading goods (i would guess) Because you will be near a lot of people who hopefully are in the same place as you, and can help each other.
Battle will of cause still happen, but never the less you might only go up against one who is 1 era further than you. Giving you defending army a change.
Balance
The whole balance of the game, will be better in my view
Abuse Prevention
Have not thought of any !?
Summary
All in all, i think this would be so easy to make and can only see benefits with this ranking system for the neighborhood, and i can only imagine the talk about attack and how people go after the little girl, will be better.
You might have an easier time with trading or helping people, hopefully because everyone is at the same place. And attacking is more equal now.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
No
Reason

Details

Balance

Abuse

Prevention

Have not thought of any !?

Summary

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

CrashBoom

Legend
With this neighborhood, you will always be in range of people who are in the same age as you, or at least have the same scale of points as you.
best joke over
thinking if you take 80 players who are in ranking next to each other they are in the same age or close to it

the current system takes the people who are closest to each other in tech tree and put them in a neighborhood

unless it is a new world. then the highest hood can have multiple eras: SAAB, SAM, VF, OF and even AF. I am in such a hood on the newest world of my language. at the top the big spenders in SAAB and at the end of the hood: people like me in AF. spend no diamonds but research as fast as I can without dias. currently slowed down because of Prom production. points says I am #544. obviously when not doing GBG or GvG I can be one of the highest 80 tech trees but but my place is twice as low as yours

omg. just checked the ranking and the guy 2 places in front of me (me = AF in that world) is still in EMA o_O

For more than a month now i have been place with the top 30 players on the whole server, and more actually in the highest category.
My place you ask.... 287 Meaning i have millions and millions of points between me and just the few players after me. I am number 72 in the neighborhood, and the whole reason with this topic is the massive, endless attack i am getting, with no possible way to do anything in form of diffence, well other than a constant city shield.
interesting
I can't even find you in the ranking

but I bet if I would find you and you are in the hood with the top 30 players then you are in SAAB
or in a new world where less than 80 players are above your era

Last edited:

Malnaborg

Farmer
First of, no need to be be rude or call out as a joke.

And i am talking about my own language server in .dk
The top 13. player are in the Asteroid belt, and the lowest of us is in the oceanic future.
We range from around 280 millions to 10 millions.

If i then look at the players in my range of points, + and - 40 places we are at max 2 ages from each other.
Instead of now where i have 5 ages to the top player.

CrashBoom

Legend
The top 13. player are in the Asteroid belt, and the lowest of us is in the oceanic future.
a relative new world and top hood
only 13 SAAB players

better than the hood in my newest world. that goes from SAAB to AF
(that goes from 230 million to 4.8 million)

If i then look at the players in my range of points, + and - 40 places we are at max 2 ages from each other.
and ?

as you can read above in my example:
the guy 2 places above me is 11 ages below me

first step is to fill the highest hood
bad for you that you are as OF player in the top 75/80 according to the tech tree of the world and in the hood of only 13 SAAB players

and if you would take out OF players in the highest hood who would you put into it ?
nobody is higher who isn't already there. so you would put in people lower in age but with higher points

Emberguard

Emperor
Ok, but that doesn't mean your idea would give the results you want. It's far more likely to have the exact opposite effect. In my main world I'm sandwiched between a Future Era and Arctic Future on the rankings scoreboard..... I'm Colonial Age. My neighbourhood on the other hand is filled with my age.

CrashBoom

Legend
sorry but playing in the newest world and advancing extremely fast is the decision of the players
and then we have to play with the consequences and if there are not enough SAAB players we are put into their hood

I'm sandwiched between a Future Era and Arctic Future on the rankings scoreboard
in the ranking players next to each other can be in almost any era

My neighbourhood on the other hand is filled with my age.
in most hoods players are in the same age or one age difference

the problem are new worlds with only a few players in the very high eras
those are put together

let's say: SAAB to OF or AF
doesn't help if then there are 1000 other players are in the era below them

yes they want those players as neighbors and not the top guys
but the highest hood must be filled

there can't be one hood with 13 SAAB players, and the next hood 15 SAM players and another hood with 25 VF players

and this idea would make the result worse than it is now
because the range would then not be
SAAB - OF or AF in the first hood
but SAAB to at least progressive era

CrashBoom

Legend
Ok, but that doesn't mean your idea would give the results you want.
he gets the result he wants
not being the the top hood with 13 SAAB players

but it makes it 10 times more unfair to the players who are not as advanced as he is (in tech tree) put then put into the top hood with the 13 SAAB players

the next guy would then bring a new hood idea
I am in progressive era but have 13 SAAB neighbors and all other are also at least 8 ages above me
so we change it to ....

or call out as a joke.
actually it is funny that players in AF still think points does mean anything

points are useless and are only an indicator of the battle activity

Ranking Points reflect several aspects of game progress, but yes, battle activity is quicker to impact ranking points than the others. However, as others have pointed out, the Neighborhood placement is based on position/advance on the Research Tree, not on ranking points. Your solution could be slow down Research Tree unlocking to allow other players pass you in that aspect, and then have the game pick those players that get ahead of you to be the "fillers" for the top Neighborhood with the 13 SAAB players.

Or ask Support to be moved.

Spent more time in an era, get stronger, raise your resources, before pass to the next.

CrashBoom

Legend
Quite simple. You should be placed in your neighborhood with your apparent 70+ closest tech "buddies"
Simply just start from the top. Number 1 to 70 (how big the nieghborhood is) 71 to 140
Next neighborhood placing will be 141 to..... and so on. Simple and affective placing.
one word change: from ranking to tech
that is already the current hood version

sorry for OP that he is in the number 1 to 70 place of tech advancement :D

Malnaborg

Farmer
Well fine by me if it is research related then. Then it would still not make sense that i am in a area with asteroid players, if i am in oceanic future. As far as i can see there are numerous players who are where i am in between that 280-70 rankings.

So still no logic placing me in the top.

CrashBoom

Legend
Then it would still not make sense that i am in a area with asteroid players, if i am in oceanic future. As far as i can see there are numerous players who are where i am in between that 280-70 rankings.
it makes sense
doesn't help you that the players 71 to 280 are also in OF
because you are in the top 70 :rolleyes: (or the size of the hood)

you could be even the last of the 70 in the hood and only be 1 FP more advanced than the guy on place 71

So still no logic placing me in the top.
the logic is that you are put in the top hood because you are one of the top players

according to tech tree advancement (not ranking)

Emberguard

Emperor
"numerous" doesn't mean enough to separate you from those above you. Especially if the hoods rotate between 2-3 groups

Sl8yer

Regent
First of, no need to be be rude or call out as a joke.

And i am talking about my own language server in .dk

Instead of now where i have 5 ages to the top player.

So because you are on a very small wrld with only 1190 active players the entire game on all servers needs to be changed.

Makes perfect sense.

Malnaborg

Farmer
It has nothing to do with what world i am in, or how many players.
Did i write that ? At least it has nothing to do with that.

My main point is, to "edit" the ranking / neighborhood in a way that we would be place with other players that a closer to us in ranking, place in the game etc.
And by than as a main reason make the attacking of a neighbor more equal.

CrashBoom

Legend
My main point is, to "edit" the ranking / neighborhood in a way that we would be place with other players that a closer to us in ranking, place in the game etc.
you still don't got it
ranking doesn't say anything how close people are in the tech

to put people who are equal in tech together you need to put people according to tech together NOT RANKING (and that is already be done)

and that you are in the highest hood and have players from SAAB maybe a problem for you
but that is the fault of the size of the hoods and could only be solved if you would reduce the size of the SAAB hood to 13 (but sure not with putting players to them which are lower in tech but have more points than you)

ranking would make it at least 10 times more unfair
you would remove you out of the top hood but would move other players who are not as advanced as you in the tech into that hood

It has nothing to do with what world i am in, or how many players.
actually it has
your world only has 13 SAAB players but they get into a hood with 70+ players

so as written above the only solution that no OF players (or even lower) would be put to them would be make their hood smaller

(and still my newest world is even more unfair ;) it goes from SAAB to AF)

Sl8yer

Regent

Your idea of "more equal" will bring together players like it did in the recently cancelled PvP tower. Maybe you should read the feedback on the introduction of that tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.