• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Quicker gameplay

aquila scutum

Merchant
Hi all. Before recommend me to try something else please listen what I have to say.

These are some things that I start to dislike in FOE or tired to do them because I lost too much time and doesn't give me any pleasure.

1. To many clicks when motivating other players (no possibility to do it with diamonds like when we collect the city).
2. To many clicks when completing recurring quests (no possibility to have instant reward).
3. Automated fights are boring, they are a lot and became a routine.
4. So many missclicks when we fight fast in Expedition/GvG or GBG using automated fights because the confirm buttons are so small. (too many windows to confirm with click, no instant info).
5. No more smart fights, only automated fights (Smart fight is when NPC is not attacking first rouges like retards). Smart fight are in Egyptian settlement and on the World Map. If you finish them already no more challenge of a real fight.
6. Expedition became routine, the only pleasure is when you receive rewards from relics, they are random and I like it. Fights are easy and always the same.
7. GVG is still a big error because not anyone can play it but it affects the rank of guilds which is wrong.
8. Colonies from last ages are routine and produce an abundance of goods. (we should explore continuously this spaces with random challenges and rewards)
9. Space carrier killed arctic and oceanic ports.
10. Too many free fights and rewards in GBG because of using to many siege camps.
11. No more competition in GBG. Guilds are making alliance and farm the game for profit, doesn't matter the position. No one from the server knows which guild or players were the best on the previous GBG. There are more diamonds league which means more winners and there is no evidence of winning for great players. (Just imagine how is Champions League and top players).

Things I really like.
Events
Daily challenges
Cultural settlements.
Why? Because they are new stuff or random stuff which I like.

P.S. Stay away from routine. Life is short.

Owl II

Emperor
I would agree with every point in the first part. Why I am still playing this game? Because it is a model of society. Gameplay can be a routine. Some elements may be frankly weak. But this is just a wrapper for the main thing, for interactions between players. The quality of the game is in our hands. Inno just provided a platform

Last edited:

Umbrathor

Baronet
Basically aquila scutum pleads for more randomness and surprise, and less routine. That is a matter of taste. Some people prefer an element of chance, other prefer to know what they can expect as a return on the time or effort they invest in something. Personally, I think any game needs a balance of both. We have see evenets that rely very heavily on the element of chance. Which means some people ended up getting nothing from such events and were justly disappointed. No element of chance or surprise can end up feeling as routine.

Hence: balance.

aquila scutum

Merchant
Well this production building future that you add today on live servers is a great idea to make the game much faster. Less clicks, perfect for me. Also a future to cancel all the production will be amazing.

That is good, thanks Inno for that. Much more expensive to use the ports to get those special goods. And ...

How many clicks to collect special goods from Space Carrier?
  • Just one (1) at collection time.
How many clicks to collect special goods from an Artic or Oceanic port?
  • Well, just one (1) to collect, but ...
  • before you need to recruit a crew for each voyage, do four or five clicks to select crew members, more if you want other crew member(s) not included in the first set proposed, plus,
  • more clicks to change screen tab and repair the ship before the journey, and
  • a final click to send the ship to get the goods.
Total? Seven (7) or more clicks?

Using the Space Carrier is quicker gameplay than using the ports. That was the point of this discussion, right?

1. To many clicks when motivating other players (no possibility to do it with diamonds like when we collect the city).

More "auto buttons" (with/without diamonds cost) will make easier to program bots to run the game for you.
What next? An auto button to:
  • visit all Taverns?
  • attack the whole neighborhood?
  • place a bid at the Auction Dealer everytime someone place a higher bid than your previous one?
  • recruit/train units at the barracks as soon as they are killed at the battle field?
  • collect your goods on time and to reset production to start next batch?

Last edited:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Just try to change your gameplay a bit around. Don't get this the wrong way tho. You can increase the difficulty of the game pretty easy. Not using certain GB's for example. Finding new challenges to tackle. The game has a lot to offer. I myself enjoy challenging myself with the cultural settlements. As they're always slightly playing out differently. Due to their design of random needs and annoying rocks around the grid. Plus you can always replay them for time rewards. If you don't need those you can stil using them for antique dealer and getting something else.
Your not forced to do: GvG or GbG, to build a SC or any other GB that can accelerate or making the game a bit easier. In GE your not forced to use rouges either. Yet I also feel like the "smart" AI should've been implemented through the entire game. Not just the cmap and ancient Egypt.
Speaking of GE I remember a specific lvl4 fight that big fighters with a large AO refused to do; to difficult according to them. I've managed to find a way to defeating it reliable but it's tricky challenge. Since my bonuses at the time where relative low. As for Ancient Egypt I fully agree, those old school style fights are great. You can always revisit them I've you like.
As for the FC. I don't think it really killed the ports. It requires lots of investments and time to gather sufficient goods from it. Not to forget in OF there is 1/2 chance you get either promethium or orichalcium. In SAM chances drop to 1/3 and SAAB to 1/4 and in SAV and later even further. Yes the CS can speeding up the game but is hardly a full replacement. Rather an supplementing GB.

-Alin-

Emperor
Still remember how it was to go manual in every city to search what to polish and motivate, and now the problem is with the „aid” button which is much quickier? :))
On 2nd yes, we should have the possibility to choose which quests we want to do in a loop, not to skip all of them everytime.
On 7th one the main problem is related to people which are using macros and click recorders to place sieges in nanoseconds, same as for defending armies, and thats unfair for other quilds, thats why we quit GvG 2 years ago, anyway is pointless now and should be removed completely, I don't care about people doing ping pong.
And at the last, yes, GbG is no longer what is what meant to be at the beggining, an alternative to GvG, making people forget about it. GbG it's another thing to to do battles and mine for forge points and ranking points, and diamonds also if you are in a good guild with tons of goods in inventory, but it became boring after some time, no competition, just mining :))

Umbrathor

Baronet
More "auto buttons" (with/without diamonds cost) will make easier to program bots to run the game for you.
What next? An auto button to:
  • visit all Taverns?
  • attack the whole neighborhood?
  • place a bid at the Auction Dealer everytime someone place a higher bid than your previous one?
  • recruit/train units at the barracks as soon as they are killed at the battle field?
  • collect your goods on time and to reset production to start next batch?
There is an important difference between making elements of the game faster, and making them less difficult.

A new mechanic has just been introduced to restart productions. So apparently Inno agrees that in some cases, decreasing the number of clicks is worth facilitating.

If such a mechanic simply decreases the number of mindless clicks, I would welcome each and any such mechanic.
  • Visiting all taverns? Sure. I think that would save a lot of time. Sometimes I want to visit them all, other times I just click until I get a set number of fp's from taverns. A mechanic such as has been introduced for restarting productions would give me the option to do either.
  • Recruit any units for which there is an empy spot in barracks: sure, there is no significant difference between the new 'restart productions' button and a 'recruit units' button. If you think there is, I'd love to hear it!

Darrth's other examples seem to be sarcastic only.

CrashBoom

Legend
that is wrong

when you need Ori / Prom in AF / OF you sure don't ignore the ports

and in SAM / SAAB you don't need Ori / Prom anymore
so the missing use of those goods killed the ports

I stopped producing those special goods a long time before the Space carrier was released

Owl II

Emperor
That is good, thanks Inno for that. Much more expensive to use the ports to get those special goods. And ...

How many clicks to collect special goods from Space Carrier?
  • Just one (1) at collection time.
How many clicks to collect special goods from an Artic or Oceanic port?
  • Well, just one (1) to collect, but ...
  • before you need to recruit a crew for each voyage, do four or five clicks to select crew members, more if you want other crew member(s) not included in the first set proposed, plus,
  • more clicks to change screen tab and repair the ship before the journey, and
  • a final click to send the ship to get the goods.
Total? Seven (7) or more clicks?

Using the Space Carrier is quicker gameplay than using the ports. That was the point of this discussion, right?
I think it's not just the speed that's the problem. The gameplay should be filled with meaning. The extraction of special goods required the involvement of mental abilities and some effort. Properly up the team. Pick up the crew. Plan your departure and arrival times. Stock up on the goods for this. SC not cancel it all. But it made it much easier. In theory, you can not use the harbor and the terminal and still study the AF and OF technologies

aquila scutum

Merchant
that is wrong

when you need Ori / Prom in AF / OF you sure don't ignore the ports

and in SAM / SAAB you don't need Ori / Prom anymore
so the missing use of those goods killed the ports

I stopped producing those special goods a long time before the Space carrier was released
Arctic and oceanic goods had a special purpose in game which made them more expensive. Now they are as cheap as all the other goods in game.

CrashBoom

Legend
Arctic and oceanic goods had a special purpose in game which made them more expensive. Now they are as cheap as all the other goods in game.
but with only using a level 91 carrier in OF you would still need about 8 month to get the needed Ori
(77 goods with 50% because you also get Prom)

and I never had problem with the costs of the harbour
only with the slow production rate and the high demand of Ori in OF

and that special purpose was: prevent people from rushing through AF and OF
and that is still be there

and in SAAB you would only get 25% times Ori. that would be 19.25
but the harbour could produce 5 times that amount because at that time you would have level 10 crew (the ones which are useful to level)

BUT there is no use for it in SAAB. so 20 is already too much

Now they are as cheap
I am in SAAB
and they are not cheap. they are USELESS

Inno should introduce something for it
with at least 50 special goods used on average per day after leaving OF