• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: Quests: Hidden or random rewards not showing [43340]

DeletedUser8357

Reproduction Steps: Complete a quest with a random or hidden reward.
Issue Description (10/10): I just started on the beta server yesterday, so I've been going through he early quests, both story and galileo, and noticed something off. Any time the quest has a random or hidden reward, it never shows you the reward you got when you complete it. In fact, as far as I can tell, you don't get anything at all - the first couple times I figured I must have gotten some very small amount of coins or supplies and I just missed the increase since it didn't show it in any obvious way, but at this point I'm pretty sure I'm not getting anything. I also checked after completing the quest and before clicking collect this latest time, and it still showed the reward as 'hidden'.

Does not apply to treasure hunt, only quests. Treasure hunt seems to work fine.

UPDATE: I just completed two more quests, one with a hidden reward, one with a random. The hidden reward IS granting, if you look closely, but is not telling you what you got (I was familiar with the quest from other servers, so knew where to look). The random reward is showing now on story quests, though I swear it wasn't when I got a random one from a Galileo quest yesterday, so I don't know if that was fixed since then or if it's a Galileo questline issue only.

Player: Jhaelen
World: zz1 (Dunarsund)
Operating System: Windows
Browser Version: Firefox, latest
Viewport Size: 2160x1440

I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Actually, I wasn't sure which words to use and there weren't that many pages of threads, so I just went through looking at the titles of all the threads in the main bug reports forum and the 'forwarded' section.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andi47

Overlord
Additional info: the hidden or random rewards are not showing if the quest is completed while the overview is opened:

Example for a How-to-reproduce:
1.) get a pay-quest, e.g. "pay x coins and y supplies", which grants a random reward
2.) click pay
3.) now the quest button changes to "collect", but the random reward is not shown
4.) click "collect"
--> if you look closely, the reward is granted, but you have to look closely (or keep track of your amounts of coins, supplies, medals and goods) to find out what you got

1.107.7e46f3d30b (21.07.2017 8:30), Andi47 (73349), zz1, en_US, WIN 26,0,0,137, Windows 10, Chrome/59.0.3071.115, 1920x950, OpenGL (336 MB VRAM)

Andi47

Overlord
another additional info:

Workaround:
If you don't see the reward, close and re-open the quest overview, then you should see it.