• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: Questline Tab Lag and disappearance

PackCat

Squire
Troubleshooting
yes to all. It happens also in Firefox 102.0 (64-bit)
When completing or aborting a Quest, it drops the 1/3 quest selection.
You have to go back to desktop and re-engage Questline. (after 5 seconds)
Even then, if you abort, it drops the next request again.

I've never attempted to exhaust the number of quests in a day.
I did everything already short of re-installing the OS.
Cache is cleaned.

My analysis of the problem is that a developer tried to adjust the timing delay between mouse clicks in the Questline and was off by a decimal point. Instead of tweaking it to say .5 (1/2) seconds, they inserted 5 seconds. Some of the other Quest tabs (Daily, Event) are affected as well.

This is why if you go very very very slow, it will give you the next Quest. Anything less than 5 seconds and the questline disappears, never to slide in the new quest. You have to go to the Desktop, wait 5 seconds to reopen the Questline tab for the missing Quest to reappear.

Browser or App version and version number
Chrome is up to date
Version 103.0.5060.66 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Recreation steps
Complete a quest. Perform another action, such as an abort within 5 seconds, and the next Quest disappears.
Frequency
Always.
Can this be reproduced?
YES. Opened a ticket 3 days ago. See Youtube video - https://youtu.be/HTR7D1xqQe8

Fire Witch

Forum Sorceress
Beta Moderator
I am only able to reproduce this when aborting at least 10 quests.
The quest slot vanishes and I cannot interact with the quest window anymore for a few seconds. Then everything is fine again.

Nessie

Baronet
Since days I have exactly the same problem like PackCat, no matter what you are able to reproduce @Fire Witch !
Chrome is up to date, cache cleared

PackCat

Squire
I am only able to reproduce this when aborting at least 10 quests.
The quest slot vanishes and I cannot interact with the quest window anymore for a few seconds. Then everything is fine again.
The YT video shows my evidence... Please try it again, aborting as quickly as you can.
I even suggested a reasoning for the issue, although I do not understand the blanking.

I would like to know what your ping is to: zz1.forgeofempires.com
Mine is around 50ms... If yours is greater, that may explain why you do not blanked as often.

Willy.

Farmer
When completing or aborting a Quest, it drops the 1/3 quest selection.
You have to go back to desktop and re-engage Questline. (after 5 seconds)
Even then, if you abort, it drops the next request again.

I've never attempted to exhaust the number of quests in a day.
I did everything already short of re-installing the OS.
Cache is cleaned.

My analysis of the problem is that a developer tried to adjust the timing delay between mouse clicks in the Questline and was off by a decimal point. Instead of tweaking it to say .5 (1/2) seconds, they inserted 5 seconds. Some of the other Quest tabs (Daily, Event) are affected as well.

This is why if you go very very very slow, it will give you the next Quest. Anything less than 5 seconds and the questline disappears, never to slide in the new quest. You have to go to the Desktop, wait 5 seconds to reopen the Questline tab for the missing Quest to reappear.
The problem got worse today. Quests would disappear repeatedly when scrolling thru the quests. I close the quest window and have to click 5 times to reopen it. The quests will reappear, but disappear again after 3 or 4 aborts.