• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

question about rogue

maxbergheim

Squire
if there are 8 rogue in battle, each time you are hit become another rogue? the rogue that would become after the first shot would continue to change and the army never die? would be an invincible army ....

DeletedUser

if there are 8 rogue in battle, each time you are hit become another rogue? the rogue that would become after the first shot would continue to change and the army never die? would be an invincible army ....

no, it's also in the description of a rogue ;) if there is no other unit except rogues, the rogue will die normal.

"Rogue: Secret Identify (Ignores first damage and transforms into another unit of your army. dies instead if you have no unit without secret identity remaining)
Attack: 100 // Defense: 1 "

Last edited by a moderator:

maxbergheim

Squire
Thank you. sorry. are still undecided whether to build it. for the way I play maybe you do not need and maybe it's more useful to have Watchfire

Last edited:

DeletedUser1164

Is it safe to assume that rogues' BP adjust accordingly to whatever type it turns to? but when you kill a rogue last (wasn't able to turn), what's the BP?

DeletedUser

A single rogue is worth 200 battle points. I think it's worth 200 no matter what it turns into, but I wasn't checking points when I've fought rogues in groups.

DeletedUser1164

thanks shmike. I searched everywhere in the guides and the new matrix didn't include rogues. can anyone confirm what's the BP for rogues before and after it turned?

DeletedUser

Paid attention this time; I took a little damage, so I can't be 100% sure of my numbers, but it looks like rogues (or at least rogues in a bronze age army?) are 200 whether they turn into something else (in this case a spearman) or not.

DeletedUser3578

20/hp is going to seriously warp the risk/reward in the higher level fights. It will turn 9000-10000 InA fights into 2000-3000, even though you end up killing InA units. Considering all the people that will load up with rogues on defense, since it is one way to balance the fight, it will also cut the reward for a harder fight into 20-30% of what points you 'should' have gotten. Is this meant to intentionally slow down points accumulation, by killing an industrial age unit and only getting bronze level points? Doesn't seem 'fair'.

DeletedUser3521

so what does the advantage of rogue?? i dont see it as a powerful units...i had used it once but get killed also...

DeletedUser3578

so what does the advantage of rogue?? i dont see it as a powerful units...i had used it once but get killed also...
It gets 1 free hit before transforming, and traverses a good amount of land each turn. It also has 100 attack, which can pierce through GB boosted units on defense. It also is only worth 200 points, which, if you are like me competing for towers each weak, will lower your point totals from 10k per InA fight, to 2-3k, even though you will end up fighting 10k worth of units. With the decrease in battle points, you also get a decrease in game points. This increases the value of the Farmville-type cities, and punishes the people who fight for their points. After all, this is a war game. Make the points equal to the unit you kill, and everyone wins. Otherwise, you are just rewarding the turtles, and punishing the warriors.

DeletedUser

This is not a wargame, it's a city-building game. War is merely one aspect of the game - trading and city planning are also important.

Also, I think PvP is tilted too much toward the attackers right now, between the AI and the imbalance in GB abilities (and even with the watchfires). If the rogue helps restore some balance, so much the better.