• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion PvP points

The Gunman

Farmer
In live server I’m at the last era and I saw that I’m pushed down every week in PVP. From 20-30 positions that I had for a long time I’m ready to say goodbye to the first 50 and mathematically after some months I will say goodbye to the 100. The reason is that the opponents are giving 200-300 points for winning the hardest battles but when I was at the last era 3 months ago I was getting 450-500 points. I haven’t changed my attack percentage since then. So the players that are 1 era behind are getting almost 40-50% more points and knocking us down. I pay the same amount of medals but I’m gaining half the points. What’s going on? We have lost a lot of progress.

The Gunman

Farmer
This isn’t right. The game pushes us to have better attack and better defence and we ”pay it” that. The hardest opponent in the last era gives me 278 points and have 200% attack and defence. What are those numbers for the last era? Those are for Iron Age numbers. Put 1000+ % opponents for last era so we can get the points we deserve. I’m also paying up to 150000 medals the battle for more battles but I take half points. It’s like they are stealing my medals.

Yekk

Regent
This isn’t right. The game pushes us to have better attack and better defence and we ”pay it” that. The hardest opponent in the last era gives me 278 points and have 200% attack and defence. What are those numbers for the last era? Those are for Iron Age numbers. Put 1000+ % opponents for last era so we can get the points we deserve. I’m also paying up to 150000 medals the battle for more battles but I take half points. It’s like they are stealing my medals.
There is actually a partial way to undo what Inno did. Put the buildings you get the most defenders boost in a corner of your city where you can unplug them easily. Then unplug them before you do arena.

The Gunman

Farmer
There is actually a partial way to undo what Inno did. Put the buildings you get the most defenders boost in a corner of your city where you can unplug them easily. Then unplug them before you do arena.
I thought it but the most percentage I take is not from great buildings but from the other city buildings from events etc. so it’s not possible. I have to unplug the town hall from everything. That’s too stupid for a game not thought that as a player becomes better also make the opponent better. It’s too stupid to give as an opponent in Titan era a robot that has under 200% attack-defence. Probably they make arena 2 years ago and they forgot it. We are losing points every day us who have more than 2000% red attack- defence and just made 1000% and 2000% blue attack-defence that inno pushing us to do.

The Gunman

Farmer
I don’t think is difficult to program the algorithm that at the last era the hardest opponent must have more than 1000% attack and defence so the points will be equal for the players that are in the last era. I can’t think anyone in last era that have less than 1000%. Its forge of empires not FarmVille.

ArklurBeta

Baronet
That's a good observation. I used to be able to get ~52-55k points weekly and now it seems I'm down to ~42-45k. I changed nothing how I play the PvP tower, the only thing that has changed is my A/D boost, which is right now ~1000/1000.

The matchup and points you get is wrong on another level too, e.g. this doesn't make any sense:
2023-08-20_11h36_39.png

I know that in some cases the game doesn't really do a good job which opponent is stronger when it comes to different ages, but in this example the medium is clearly the stronger opponent (same age!), by a lot, yet it's only a medium target giving less points.

Now that Inno is giving us a ton of def army boosts and we can seriously bump up that stat, I think it's justified to re-evaluate the matchups in PvP tower, because the algorithm is clearly wrong. And no, the example above isn't "1 out of 1000" but quite the opposite.

Emberguard

Emperor
, I think it's justified to re-evaluate the matchups in PvP tower,
I think it'd also be justified to change the way points are determined, now that we have more defensive boost opportunities

I remember when it was first designed you could be attacked a unlimited amount of times. That was then limited to the first 5 times per day effecting your score, because some opponents are a AI and not a real player

With that original intent in mind, it would make sense someone with massive amounts of defending boosts would have lower scoring for wins: they would be repelling a lot of their attackers or not getting attacked at all due to people taking one look at the stats and choosing a different option. But with it being changed to limit to the first 5..... it no longer makes sense to have that mechanic of higher defending army = lower score as you wouldn't be able to make back that difference in points purely from a successful defense if only 5 attacks count