• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler PvP-Arena Take 2

Fire Lord

Squire
We could wait if it's a really good thing. Сurrently no competitions in the game can reveal the strength, experience, or intelligence of players. Only competitions who are the players spend more time.
very true. more time and more diamonds.

Thunderdome

Emperor
The last one was junk. I hope there is some kind of matching involved and is restricted to a sizable amount of opponents rather than the entire world. Also, rewards have to be appropriate (not Inno appropriate, though) for the age that is participating. That 100 something medals a week would have been good for the Prehistoric Age (as if, right?) but not for those of us that can collect more through buildings that give them.

I'm not going to hold my breath, though, until I can really test this "improvement".

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
added new Infoscreen data - the first one seems pretty much identical to the previous one, the second one holds some new info.

The ranking system seems to be completely new. I like the fact there is a guild ranking. I wonder whether the "world ranking" icon is in fact the icon for the personnal ranking.

Owl II

Emperor
I hope they remove GvG based guild ranking, cause so little number of people can access GvG!
I would like also the guild ranking to be untied from GVG. The problem is there are no other criteria. It can be the total rating of the guild's players. Or the total number of fights. But in this case, new players will lose the chance to get into the top guilds

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
the problem is that the guild ranking is almost entirely based on the fights (GvG, GBG, PvP?) whereas the value of a guild is reflected by its solidarity, its complicity ...

Owl II

Emperor
the problem is that the guild ranking is almost entirely based on the fights (GvG, GBG, PvP?) whereas the value of a guild is reflected by its solidarity, its complicity ...
GBG could become the best platform for showing solidarity and team qualities of players. But all this has been twisted and destroyed by two things: lack of competition between guilds and unlimited farming with the siege camps. I can't imagine what a team game based on anything other then battle. GB leveling, maybe? But when GB leveling becomes the target, the game is over.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
And why not by including in the ranking the number of quests carried out (event, daily, ...) by each member?
It would be a nice reflection of the activity.

Owl II

Emperor
And why not by including in the ranking the number of quests carried out (event, daily, ...) by each member?
It would be a nice reflection of the activity.
It would be like GE, i think. GE is only called a team game. In fact, you are alone in your corner, doing your task then carrying it to the pile. No team spirit in this. It's not much fun

GBG could become the best platform for showing solidarity and team qualities of players. But all this has been twisted and destroyed by two things: lack of competition between guilds and unlimited farming with the siege camps. I can't imagine what a team game based on anything other then battle. GB leveling, maybe? But when GB leveling becomes the target, the game is over.
I disagree @Owl II. When a guild want to farm in GBG, it needs a high level of solidarity. It requires a lot of goods, a severe discipline, a good communication, a great team spirit. Sometimes, the best players of the guild have to give up the fights they could do in order to let the others play. You also need to discuss with at least another guild to organize the rotation of the sectors. In my guild on the live serve, the team qualities are far better now thanks to the farming in GBG. The profiters and the selfish players are gone because a guild can't farm for long if the players are short-term selfish ones.

There is some kind of guild ranking in the new Arena, according to the info-screen. It's likely somehow similar to the GE: every member does their job and the points are counted at the end.

Owl II

Emperor
I disagree @Owl II. When a guild want to farm in GBG, it needs a high level of solidarity. It requires a lot of goods, a severe discipline, a good communication, a great team spirit. Sometimes, the best players of the guild have to give up the fights they could do in order to let the others play. You also need to discuss with at least another guild to organize the rotation of the sectors. In my guild on the live serve, the team qualities are far better now thanks to the farming in GBG. The profiters and the selfish players are gone because a guild can't farm for long if the players are short-term selfish ones.
I didn't understand what you disagree. To team work needs coordination and efforts of all participants. This is true. If you managed to make the farm a team target - well, it's probably not bad. But in general, guilds have other targets . This is the ranking first of all. And contest with other guilds for a high place in the ranking.

The ranking comes from GvG and most players don't do GvG. It's a target for a very small minority. There is almost no team work required for the ranking, you just need a few players of higher eras.

You said that the farming and lack of competition in GBG destroy the need for team qualities. That what I disagree with. I've never seen more team work in my guild than since we're farming in GBG.

Last edited:

Owl II

Emperor
You said that the farming and lack of competition in GBG destroy the need for team qualities. That what I disagree with. I've never seen more team work in my guild than since we're farming in GBG.
Ok. What is the target of this highly organized farming? What the Guild get out of it?

Owl II

Emperor
some statues of honor, as profitable for the guild as for the owner.
Oh, no. The Guild will get them anyway:) I don't know how to explain it. You can go out with the herd to chew grass. Or go out with the pride to hunt. Both are teamwork. But for the Guild, as for the structure, there is no reason in GBG. Everyone has an equal LP and a slight difference in the reward for a place in the group

The guild as a structure gains nothing with just a better ranking. But it is much stronger when all its members are stronger thanks to hundreds of daily FP from the farming in GBG. And the members are more united, the solidarity is greater. I'm not sure I understand your metaphor, but I know there is much more team work in GBG farming than in GvG. A good GBG has nothing to do with just chewing grass, it's a lot of hard work, much harder than GvG (and I'm in GvG almost every day).

Owl II

Emperor
The guild as a structure gains nothing with just a better ranking. But it is much stronger when all its members are stronger thanks to hundreds of daily FP from the farming in GBG. And the members are more united, the solidarity is greater. I'm not sure I understand your metaphor, but I know there is much more team work in GBG farming than in GvG. A good GBG has nothing to do with just chewing grass, it's a lot of hard work, much harder than GvG (and I'm in GvG almost every day).
The ranking should be a reflection of the strength and unity of the Guild. At the moment, the Guild ranking in the FOE has nothing to do with either strength or unity. You're right there. However, you did not say what team target you are pursuing, filling hundreds and thousands of FP in GBG?