• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler PvP-Arena Take 2

CrashBoom

Legend
create tension when fighting for 1st
would be better if people from friend list (and maybe guild) would be excluded
to be the best you must be able to beat all :rolleyes:

so why should friends be excluded ?

if you can't beat your friends you don't deserve being 1st

and if friends can't be attacked that creates a loophole to exploit
someone could add all players he can't beat in the arena to his friend list and wouldn't meet them in the future in the arena
so he would get easier opponents

Last edited:

Mitos

Squire
so why should friends be excluded ?
so they would stay "friends"
i don't give a **** about hood not happy with me - i plunge them on daily basis
but constantly beating friends to drug them little bit down in rank so you could surpass them... well, i tried that with pvp arena 1 and i did not feel happy about it (noone told me anything about it, it is just me - i would prefer not to do that)

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
i would prefer not to do that
You can always fight against one of the other two given options - where is your problem?

and if you want to fight in a totally different group than your "friends", so all of you can get Nr. 1 in their respective group that does not make any sense at all - since everybody has different friends this would only lead to 10000 groups each containing one player and nobody fighting at all...

CrashBoom

Legend
does it matter for the hood if you attack them ?
only if you plunder them :rolleyes:

but you can't plunder in arena

but constantly beating friends to drug them little bit down in rank so you could surpass them..
you could be a good friend, don't attack them and stay behind them :rolleyes:

but if you want to be 1st you must surpass all your friends :p

because how could you ever become 1st if you don't surpass them o_O

wanting to be 1st but not surpassing friends is paradox

Are they stuborn or do they lack news ideas ?
They should go away from the idea of failled "PvP Arena" concept and explore NEW IDEAS !!

I disagree with you. The basic idea of the PvP Arena is good, it was only the implementation that was a complete failure. Changing the arena with the feedback and suggestions from the first attempt will probably make it a nice feature in the end.

Emberguard

Emperor
Are they stuborn or do they lack news ideas ?
They should go away from the idea of failled "PvP Arena" concept and explore NEW IDEAS !!
How do you know version 2 isn't a new idea? The point of the first attempt was to find a way to improve the tournament towers. Doesn't matter what it is as long as it's done well, in a enjoyable manner and balanced within reason.

so they would stay "friends"
but constantly beating friends to drug them little bit down in rank so you could surpass them... well, i tried that with pvp arena 1 and i did not feel happy about it (noone told me anything about it, it is just me - i would prefer not to do that)
Do you play GBG? Is anyone on your friend's list in one of the guilds you've faced off against?

Do you play GE? Have you ever faced a guild that contains friends?

Do you play GVG against guilds containing friends?

Have you ever passed a friend in the rankings?

When you faced those guilds or did those things, did you lose any of your friends? Did they message you about how unfair it was that you were defeating them? Did they make fun of you for losing? Did anyone even care?

Nothing wrong with a bit of competition between friends. If they can't handle it, are they really friends? In actuality are many of them even friends, or simply acquaintances you've agreed to put on a list?

Aint nothing wrong with the current tower system, all they really need to do is tweak the rewards. Imagine getting 10FP for top slot in IA and maybe 100FP for SAA perhaps a total reward of 500FP across the ages per week, that would get peoples blood boiling to fight.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Aint nothing wrong with the current tower system, all they really need to do is tweak the rewards. Imagine getting 10FP for top slot in IA and maybe 100FP for SAA perhaps a total reward of 500FP across the ages per week, that would get peoples blood boiling to fight.
even with those value... "top" players are getting 500FP per day from GBG alone - even 100FP would only be an OK extra

caro

Farmer
In the current tower, not only do all battleground fights count, but also the daily fights on the space continent maps and the fights in recurrent missions in SaaB count (some players are farming all day). You can't call that a PvP tournament anymore.

xyes

Farmer
even with those value... "top" players are getting 500FP per day from GBG alone - even 100FP would only be an OK extra
Wouldn't that be like satisfying 20% & fanning off 80% of the rest? That doesn't sound like a good 80-20 rule to follow. :p
Anyway, giving up the whole Tournament Tower to a totally new system that doesn't jive with the era troops would be the big turn-off that happened in v1.0, hopefully not the case for v2.0.

Fire Lord

Squire
:rolleyes: We should hope for the best. Otherwise, why play? I think they will succeed this time;)
well the howling noise of outrage was enough for them to take it down, it's nice to know some games still care about user feedback. I think they are going to work on this a lot longer before it's ready.

Hope they make it chess like pvp.
Like there 's a toss coin who will attack first and will do an alternate attack
So for the future they can create a Great building intended for pvp only like you can attack twice before opponents turn
which applicable to any kind of battles too.

Owl II

Emperor
well the howling noise of outrage was enough for them to take it down, it's nice to know some games still care about user feedback. I think they are going to work on this a lot longer before it's ready.
We could wait if it's a really good thing. Сurrently no competitions in the game can reveal the strength, experience, or intelligence of players. Only competitions who are the players spend more time.