• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback PvP Arena (reworked)

lol unbelievable... i haven't bother with beta for months as it seems a waste of time, juts people playing for the free diamonds and heads up on events.
just logged in and seen this rubbish is back and exactly the same as before, fight against saab units, rubbish rewards and taken the towers away again, did they not learn anything from the 1st time?

lord2403

Merchant
It's still not interesting. I don't like it. Did it once and forgot about it. In my mind we don't need it, but it's only in my opinion. Looking forward for a new era - that's what we really needs :)

Last edited:
Ideas:

- The PvP Tower produces a amount of Coins, Supplies and Medals every six hours, depending on your age
- The production is incremental, like with the coins/supplies in Elvenar (every few minutes a small amount until max amount is accumulated)
- Make sure to collect the reward by clicking on the PvP tower
- You can collect every hour to make sure no opponent can loot it
- — Ifanother player attacks you in PvP and wins, he will get your produced resources (from the PvP tower) as loot, you get nothing

- Arena seasons last at least 3 months
- To make sure not the same few players are always the top of the list, there could be a randomized mix up of players for every world and every season
- Battle your opponents and win to get their loot and trophy points. The more points, the higher rank you get
- Lose a fight, and you lose trophy points
- With a higher rank comes better rewards for the weekly price and the end price after a season
- The weekly price should always contain a very small amount of diamonds (yeah I know, DNSL but who cares - people are farming diamonds on GBG so there really is no difference) as an incentive for newer players to participate
- Battle attempts can be won as inventory items in events, guild expedition, season reward, daily challenges etc.

- Since the old PvP towers are stripped from the game, we can also extract the battle ranking points from the ranking list:
- Split up the old ranking list in ,,Battles“ and ,,City progress“
- The amount of points in the rankings can stay as they are, except for multi-level buildings. Every level should not grant the base amount of (age*2), but (age*(amount of levels))
- Negotiations count towards the Battle ranking list

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
I think the PvP Arena is mostly harmless fun, not something I'd personally spend much time on, but might be fun for others. The real downside is the removal of the PvP Tower. This is a big deal for serious GvG fighters, but not because of the points or ability to compare yourself (though that can be nice). Because of the PvP tower, the "auto battle" button and "ok" button on the fight recap screen are aligned, which allows people to fight really quickly without having to move the mouse for each battle. This is not quite as impactful in GbG as you have to move your mouse to start each new fight, but it still speeds things up.

With the removal of the PvP tower the end of battle recap is smaller, and because it is centered on the screen the buttons no longer align. This means you have to move your mouse for every GvG action, slowing you down a lot. This is especially bad for people with repetitive strain injuries or increase the risk of getting it for very serious fighters, this would definitely make me quite GvG outright, and would make me less active in GbG.

This also makes the difference between cheaters and legit players much worse, at the moment you can keep up using this trick, but if it was removed cheaters would have a serious advantage.

There is a very simple solution to this, simply increase the battle recap size again so it's the same size as with the PvP tower (or move it slightly). As I said at the top I think the PvP Arena is some harmless fun, so if the removal of the PvP tower and its impact on gvg, gbg fighting is addressed, I'd have no issue with it at all, but as it is right now it would seriously impact big fighters.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
I would prefer a random positioning of the OK button.
This would slow down everyone except cheaters and thus make it easier for operators to identify and ban them.

lord2403

Merchant
I think the PvP Arena is mostly harmless fun, not something I'd personally spend much time on, but might be fun for others. The real downside is the removal of the PvP Tower. This is a big deal for serious GvG fighters, but not because of the points or ability to compare yourself (though that can be nice). Because of the PvP tower, the "auto battle" button and "ok" button on the fight recap screen are aligned, which allows people to fight really quickly without having to move the mouse for each battle. This is not quite as impactful in GbG as you have to move your mouse to start each new fight, but it still speeds things up.

With the removal of the PvP tower the end of battle recap is smaller, and because it is centered on the screen the buttons no longer align. This means you have to move your mouse for every GvG action, slowing you down a lot. This is especially bad for people with repetitive strain injuries or increase the risk of getting it for very serious fighters, this would definitely make me quite GvG outright, and would make me less active in GbG.

This also makes the difference between cheaters and legit players much worse, at the moment you can keep up using this trick, but if it was removed cheaters would have a serious advantage.

There is a very simple solution to this, simply increase the battle recap size again so it's the same size as with the PvP tower (or move it slightly). As I said at the top I think the PvP Arena is some harmless fun, so if the removal of the PvP tower and its impact on gvg, gbg fighting is addressed, I'd have no issue with it at all, but as it is right now it would seriously impact big fighters.

Yes. Thats the point

iPenguinPat

Squire
The real downside is the removal of the PvP Tower. This is a big deal for serious GvG fighters, but not because of the points or ability to compare yourself (though that can be nice). Because of the PvP tower, the "auto battle" button and "ok" button on the fight recap screen are aligned, which allows people to fight really quickly without having to move the mouse for each battle. This is not quite as impactful in GbG as you have to move your mouse to start each new fight, but it still speeds things up.

I agree with all of Moo's points on this. With respect to the PvP Arena - the fighting is still fairly gimmicky and boring. Since you don't lose points for losing fights, it doesn't provide much incentive boost defense still. The rewards are still super weak and uninspiring. Top players that are able to do tons of fights won't really get much benefit from the rewards, and newer players will not be able to keep up with the fighting demands needed for top ranks.

Suggestion: Add more avatars and/or cosmetic benefits. Players would be more interested in competing for these type of rewards.

The bigger issue is removing the existing pvp tower for several reasons. One reason is simply that it's fun to compete against other players in towers. It's fun getting an idea of how much you're fighting in various ages compared to your rivals or guildmates. It is competition that drives players improve! No one really cares about the medal rewards - it's about bragging rights :)

Finally, and most importantly, with the pvp tower disabled, it would mess up the alignment for fighting confirmation in both gbg and gvg. This provides a terrible for user experience/user interface. The extra mouse movements will add up over time and cause injury (i actually had to move to trackball due to work mouse usage - a game requiring that much more usage is no good). Furthermore, Macro users would benefit from this greatly as they are not dependent on good ux/ui. They can setup their clicks to be anywhere, so while they are unaffected, players that are fighting in a legitimate manner stop being able to compete with macro users. This change might as well hand over the game to macro users and/or put a big sign saying "macro users wanted."

At a minimum, for ux/ui purposes, the confirmation window should be resized to match the size it would be if the tower was still in tact. But i do think most users still want and would miss the pvp tower.

This would slow down everyone except cheaters and thus make it easier for operators to identify and ban them.

Seeing how fast someone fights will never be proper evidence for cheating. There is a super easy to way to catch macro users. It would catch them using macros for anything including: collecting city/resetting production, aid/tavern, Recurring quest cycling, and of course, various fighting gvg/gbg actions.

All inno needs to do is use a mouse heatmap script. Google mouse heatmap script for a ton of options.. If a user is too frequently clicking the same pixel, clicking with unnatural frequency/no delday, and moving the mouse across the same path, they would be marked as a macro/bot user, and get banned. It's such an easy fix that it's mind boggling that inno hasn't done this already. From a privacy standpoint, i'm sure there are ways that this can be made compliant.

Last edited:

Yeah? So you would screw all browser players who are already in disadvantage compared to mobile players. They dont have to search for OK button, they have it on one spot all the time.

Last edited:

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
if this can make it easier for operators to identify and sanction cheaters, then yes!
a small consideration for a great cause.

iPenguinPat

Squire
if this can make it easier for operators to identify and sanction cheaters, then yes!
a small consideration for a great cause.

Again, someone fighting fast is not strong evidence of macro usage. The only truly effective way of identifying macro usage is click irregularity - meaning - someone clicking the same pixel at an unnaturally frequent rate. someone clicking all of the screen without dragging the mouse and without delay, and click frequency faster than what is possible (i.e. 0-10ms delays).

That's literally the only practical way to ID macro users. Fast fighting will never be a strong enough reason for inno to take action (which is why the dozens, if not hundreds of posts to inno complaining about cheating have yielded no noticeable action).

I'm working up a video on the topic now. It'll be impossible to ignore.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Sheesh, even after all this time people are still carrying on like something was lost with the removal of the neighborhood towers. Do they understand that they can still get points from battles and can still attack and plunder their neighbors? The towers' removal has no impact on either of those things.
It's a "meh". There's no incentive. The towers were that incentive. I am not going to repeat myself but do have some time to read into my past postings (goes in depth) on why they were important. I am sorry, but there is no point for me to attack my neighbors and/or plunder them.

The new pvp are fantastic, the mechanics are excellent and many good prizes are won. When do you bring them as they are now, on real servers
You must be one of those "secret" feedbackers I kept hearing about...

It´s true, but now it's an individual activity. You cannot compete with your neighbors for the first place, which gives all the fun to the game.
I´m playing for more than 8 years and almost all those years I have played PvP.
PvP did not give interesting prizes that would arouse our greed, as any special building gives you more medals than it did, but its real prize was fun..
I´ve made several good friends competing PvP. We died with laughing at the end of Sundays trying to enter the last battle that gave us the victory. It was not a malicious competition (except for some sick situations), it was competition for fun.
Unfortunately, it has died and with it the joy and laughter. I will miss it so much.
Agreed. The reason why I get onto a city and play to my heart's content. I like racing my neighbors (since we're on the subject of this arena, are we going to get rid of neighborhoods now?) each week for the top spot. It covers GE, GBG, or any fighting type of function. I get to make friends this way.

This "thing", I have to fight (er, spend) my way to the top, get into fights with bots, and could not see the playback or know what was used against my defense. Those were the reasons why I left that travesty of a dumpster fire in the making.

darthronin

Farmer
I predict this feature will be used by almost nobody within a month.
Spending so much time on getting a new feature implemented despite it most likely being dead on arrival....who allowed the devs to continue wasting money on this crap???
They should have accepted it was a garbage feature hardly anybody liked and moved on to creating something different that would actually engage the player base into participating rather then something with an opt out feature they will most likely be used by 90% of the player base on day one.

I bet even the people who think its a great new feature will be bored as F*** within a few months.

iPenguinPat

Squire
As a more complete feedback than my previous posts - the mechanics strongly favor highly developed players. Less developed players will yield minimal benefit as they will be unable to compete with advanced players. Players that do not need the rewards will win them. Players that would benefit most from the rewards will get nothing but scraps and second or third rate rewards (at best).

The pvp arena is uninspired, and not particularly interesting. What's of more note is losing the pvp tower. The pvp tower gave players a way to compete with others on an individual level instead of only at a guild level. There is something extra fun and compelling about trying to outrank your top rivals in the tower even if the medal rewards are completely obsolete. Bragging rights mean more than rewards in this case.

Most importantly, the removal of the pvp tower causes the alignment of the autobattle button and the victory/battle results confirmation button to stop being aligned. This will force players to dramatically increase the amount of mouse movement to fight. While players that use macros will not even notice the change, players that attempt to compete with macro players in a fair and legitimate will be taken advantage of and eventually beaten away from civilization.

We'd love to keep the pvp tower. But if that's not possible, at least edit the battle results window to either match the size of the army management window OR allow it to be dismissed by clicking anywhere (which is how mobile is setup) or both :)

Finally, this alignment issue will give players that use macros a much larger advantage over legit players. The existing UX/UI allows manual players to minimize mouse movements and remain competitive with players using macros. By added extra mouse movement requirements, players that do not cheat will see a significant reduction in their fighting speed while macro users/cheaters will be unaffected by the change.

p.s. We'd also love to see click tracking implemented such that irregular/non-human click patterns can be used to detect bot users and issue bans to players that are breaking the rules.

Last edited: