• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback PvP Arena (reworked)

Thunderdome

Emperor
There are many existing aspects of this game that need attention. There are other new game modes that could be created that the players will actually enjoy. Use your development time to make the game more appealing, not less. Happy players are good for your bottom line.
Exactly. Especially for lower eras like Bronze Age and Iron Age that no longer have an early way of getting something for their efforts.

jovada

Regent
I played the first week and ended in the top 50 (if i remember well 36 and reached diamond chest) but i had to buy several attempts with medals , so no mather what they tell you why pvp should be attractive for you there are practically no reasons to play it.
It's boring, matchmaking still suffers, rewards are poor and if you want a high ranking you have to pay a lot of medals/diamonds.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
To all those who says the arena won't bring diamonds to Inno, tell me how much the PvP towers were making?

To all those who say medals pile up unnecessarily, tell me what's the waste of using these medals in the arena?

To all those who complain about the performance of the arena, your worry is therefore that you want more, not that the arena is poorly made!

Everywhere in the world it is said that the French are slow down. Being a Frenchwoman, I have the impression that we have conquered the whole world!

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Viceroy
Many ask: Why do the towers have to go?

I believe the the reason is, with the PvP tower, less will cry about being attacked as they choose to join. But I'm worried, om DK servers, we are far less players than here om Beta and we will have to fight the same players over and over again, even more than here on Beta.

Also if all players are in the tower, some with an random army chosen of the game, if they did not set one up them self.

As it is now, it is hard for the weaker players to join as most will be stronger than them. If all was forced to be in the tower, there would be more players to fight and the weaker players could find someone they had a chance to beat.

If some players choose to ignore the tower, they won't lose anything, vs the neighbor fights, where they risk to be plundered.

I fear the next thing will be to remove the neighbor fights

Arwaren

Squire
Arena of Failure

1)Another function where we do the same as in the previous functions.

Let's take a look at what we are doing in the PvP Arena. We choose a player, set up our army, fight, repeat. The computer controls the enemy army. We do not see the enemy army before the fight. The opponent's army and percentages depend on the opponent. You can get a reward after each winning fight. From time to time also you get some rewards.
Doesn't it remind you of something?
Of course, there's taking some mechanics that are already in the game, combining them into one, and saying it's "new". Unfortunately, this is not true, it is nothing new, just repeating what was. That's why it's boring. Because I already do that at GE, GBG, continent map, in mission(and not seeing the army is in neighborly fights). Why do we need another functionality where we will do the same things again? I am curious for what purpose it was even created.

The last new feature was the Antiques Dealer. We actually got something that was not in the game before, where we can buy event buildings at any time, buying with coins that we have to get earlier by exchanging buildings useless for us. This is new.

If the arena offered to fight the opponent in real-time, it would really be something new.

2.1) You want Defense Army stats to be important, but you don't do it at all.

For years, the defense army's statistics only concerned neighborhood fights. When you introduced new ones (like GE or GBG) it was only about the stats of the attacking army. In addition, the Great Building has recently been released, which gives you a chance to resist looting, which in general showed that there is no point in dealing with defense army statistics. And the Arena is supposed to change something in this matter? There is no point in keeping buildings that only provide defense army stats specifically for the PvP Arena.
I will say more because the Defense Army statistics are useless, the Attacking Army and Defending Army concepts should be removed and they should be combined into one, simply Army.
units v2.png
2.2) Even if you have a high percentage of the defending army, you don't get any benefits.

Suppose I am indeed abnormal and have the same buildings that give percentages to the defending army. What is gaining?
From time to time I get points because some player decided to fight my army and lost. That's it. What am I missing?
My attacking army is weak and I am weak in Arena, GE, GBG. This way I lose a lot of the rewards that I would have gained if I had a higher percentage of the attacking army.

3 times the same opponent on myl log last page (22min 8h 18h) 3 victories for her of course (i begin, my bonus is low)

isn't the opponent supposed to be choosed by hasard ?

lordwasa

Regent
Community Manager
3 times the same opponent on myl log last page (22min 8h 18h) 3 victories for her of course (i begin, my bonus is low)

isn't the opponent supposed to be choosed by hasard ?
The opponent is chosen based on your era. As on the Beta we have a smaller participating ammount of players, there are less opponents to chose from.
This sadly means you either face the same opponent more often or bots than you would if you were playing for example on the international server.

giglamino

Farmer
I do not understand why it's necessary to change rules of PVP as it is ... the only reason I see is that we don't spend any diamond ... If the reason is only that (as i believe) simply increase rewards in actual PVP. The changes are boring and rewards a nonsense ... I'll not play it

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
I will say more because the Defense Army statistics are useless, the Attacking Army and Defending Army concepts should be removed and they should be combined into one, simply Army.

And why not this:
sugg10.png

in order not to penalize anyone and to restore value to defense GMs.

Nessie

Baronet
The opponent is chosen based on your era. As on the Beta we have a smaller participating ammount of players, there are less opponents to chose from.
This sadly means you either face the same opponent more often or bots than you would if you were playing for example on the international server.

Really?

23122 entrys (players on beta)

foestats.com/zz/zz1/players/?server=zz1&world=Dunarsund

Praeceptor

Marquis
I'm just going to ignore this - just like I do with other aspects of the game I think are pointless like half the events and GvG.

Evidently Inno don't want me to spend diamonds on anything, because nothing on offer appeals to me. I already have thousands of diamonds saved up. If I'm not spending them, what hope to Inno have in getting me to open my wallet?

Guillou45

Farmer
May be one way to bring more attractiveness to PvP Arena would be to add a new unique building, only available there (just like Statue of Honor for Guild Battlegrounds), completing it by winning fragments in chests and after fights.

By example a 10-tier 3x3 cultural building, with at level max :
- Satisfaction
- Medals (the main purpose of PvP Arena)
- +5% attack boost to the attacking army
- +5% defense boost to the attacking army
- +5% attack boost to the defending army
- +5% defense boost to the defending army

I think it would be a useful building for new players and a decent one (but not game-breaking) for top players.

Aerendil

Squire
Matchmaking doesnt work - the last days I had bots, which is ok. I cant beat the the hardest one, which is fine as well.
But now I seem to have one possibly human player, Valush, in hard mode and I have to fight him over and over (6 times in a row now). Sorry Valush

Can we please get a pool of at least 5 players in each difficulty filled up with bots, if there are not enough human players.