• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback PvP Arena (reworked)

Cleitomachus

Marquis
The biggest bottleneck for the PVP Arena on Beta is that there aren't enough participants in certain ages.
On the live markets with more players, this shouldn't be a problem.
There aren't enough participants not in certain ages, but in all Ages.
Really, do you think there is bigger participation at other Ages? We face the same at all Ages. The same player, again and again.
And then, in the live markets, the exact same thing will happen. We are the same players. The percentage will be the same (if you consider that, here, from 45.000 players, the participation is 522).
The numbers speak for themselves.

iPenguinPat

Squire
The biggest bottleneck for the PVP Arena on Beta is that there aren't enough participants in certain ages.

According to foestats.com - Beta has a greater number of fighters (5100+) when compared to most live servers in the US (+/- 500). In fact, A1 is the only world with a notable more than Beta, the rest tend to either be similar or less. I checked several other regions (EN, DE, IT, SP, SK) and the German region was the only one that had significantly more active fighters than beta.

...And when you compare to other less active regions like, lets say AR2, you're looking at 1100 active players and 800 active fighters, That's ~15% of the total on beta... "Live markets" doesn't really hold up. Not sure if this is going to be released in all regions, but it could just be that overall the players that have tested it don't really like it, and it's a failed idea. No shame in that, Google and Apple have had tons of failed ideas, and knew when to cut their losses and start spending time on thing their userbase wanted. So....

Can we please have our PVP towers back?

Edit: Seems like fighter count fluxuates a good amount day to day. For US servers, it looks like 90% fall within the 500 +/- range of beta. That's only 10% difference from Beta to Live. 10% more (or less) fighters is not going to change the matchup queue.

Last edited:

Nessie

Baronet
Again I found the "PvP"-Arena-reward of 20 FP this morning in the FP-bar. It was handed out 12.01 AM so I didn't get the one FP per hour from 12.01 AM until I checked this morning - this ought to be changed. Put the FP in the inventory or in the FP-bar at 8.00 AM

Yekk

Viceroy
A few changes are needed. First this is a team game so PvP Arena must have a guild connection, How a player does should help or hurt their guilds ranking. This would up the numbers playing this feature. It is not enough just to show how they did compared to their guild mates.

Charity loot for "showing up" then surrendering needs to stop. Reward success not deliberate failure.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator

I question this assertion as I did the last time when you sent it to the international server for 2 weeks before acquiescing that it wasn't well received there either. The beta server does not seem small compared to my live servers and I expect a similar portion of people to just not bother with pvp arena on live as on beta.

If you want buy-in from lower age players, then the age-ranking needs to a) be fixed (last time I looked there was a player who'd been in FE for some time at the top of the CA ranking) and b) be consequential as opposed to just an ego thing.

I don't know why people are so against this arena concept. I have won more medals in the arena than in my entire history of the PvP towers. The matchmaking is night and day difference than the previous arena attempt.

Unfortunately this is internal information that we will not share with the players

why would that be internal? Do you really want us to experiment, particularly on top on that not overly loved feature? And it's a singularity - afaik, the minimal requirement for GBG is well documented. Dooohh ..

Owl II

Emperor
Unfortunately this is internal information that we will not share with the players
It should be more than 80 fights, judging by my log. So now we can get rewards if we buy additional attempts. Are you sure the rewards worth it?

Last edited:

mcbluefire

Baronet

It will be a problem about two months after it's released and the players realize time spent in the arena is pointless compared to time spent in GbG.

But, what the hey, a new feature is a new feature. Let's move it to live and see how it is accepted.

Julian24

Viceroy
It should be more than 80 fights, judging by my log. So now we can get rewards if we buy additional attempts. Are you sure the rewards worth it?
80 fights a week as minimum? I don't think, that it is that much. Maybe around 10 or 20? I think this would more resonable.

Owl II

Emperor
80 fights a week as minimum? I don't think, that it is that much. Maybe around 10 or 20? I think this would more resonable.
I did more than 80 fights last week. And I didn't get the reward. This is easy to calculate, you just need to open the log