• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Professionalism

DeletedUser4008

Always a job half done inno.
If it begins a new era we should have research over 4-5k FP, 2 legendary(that's the way it was told their introduction), without mist on territories to not imagine dozens of scenarios, without tens of bug, no major changes gen bonuses GB, fountain...etc
You leave room for interpretations instead of having to place the facts on the blackboard ... and when there's something new, leaves to be desired.

The Game attract and is promising but throw us a bone who can be chewed with pleasure.
In contrast to the other 3 games(played by me) management is weak ...probably will be even because you need resources for Tribal Wars 2 and kartuga.

Come on...

DeletedUser

I think that InnoGames does a good job with the game :) Sure, a few parts gets done in the wrong way from time to time, all we can hope for is that they learn from their mistakes and correct them instead of just ignoring it :) The biggest problem I see is the total lack of communication between them and us. We have asked for their comments on our feedback time after time after time, but still havn't got any single line. What is the point of this forum if we get no response?

Another funny thing is that they've deployed this test-server so that we can test new versions, but in some way they havn't realised that it's hard to effectively test something when you need to play the game in the normal phase. Wait for coins, wait for resources, wait for goods, wait for construction, wait for expansions, wait for scouting... By all respect, but if we are just going to sit here and wait, when are we actually going to test?

Another game (no names as it's against the forum rules) just recently announced that they were to test a new version of their game and wanted players to help them with the testings. Do you thik that we had to "progress" in the game in order to test? LOL no! They had a separate testing server, so everyone that logged in there got their "real" account copied into the test server, and all test accounts got 100'000'000 experience, 100'000'000 credits and 20'000 gold (premium currency). I'm not joking. The thing is, it actually allowed us to do a better work, because instead of sitting and waiting, we could actually buy and research all we needed directly and put our time into testing the stuff instead :)

Once again, InnoGames, please consider this :) This is a test server, if you don't want to give out too much diamonds, consider adding a special "testing mode" where we have unlimited FPs, coins, resources, goods and the build/scout directly are free. It will actually help you in the long term as we will be allowed to test more efficient :)

And also please consider returning some feedback to us. It's really hard to leave feedback, suggestions and new ideas when we have no idea if you even like the whole concept at all. Most of the big games out there have a 2-way-communication with their community. Wake up Inno before it's too late :)

DeletedUser2752

The thing is, we are ironing out most bugs efficiently I don't see a need to go spend my 100M+ diamonds on filling my city iwth premium decorations :p I do agree with more dev feedback though. Even though they may be listening, (I, no,) we all need to personally hear them and be able to communicate with them or else the customers may not be happy with what they get.
My personal opinion is that main problem is that Inno is releasing these updates to late for the beta server. They need to test it here first, fix it here, release the "fixed" version here and check if there are still bugs, then release the finalized version on the live servers. (Kind of what they are doing with Guild Wars). I also believe they should give a lot more for reporting bugs like 200 diamonds to our beta account and 20-50 diamonds to the account we choose (though less on the grammatical side like 50 for beta and 10-30 extra for whereever)

DeletedUser1418

The thing is, we are ironing out most bugs efficiently I don't see a need to go spend my 100M+ diamonds on filling my city iwth premium decorations :p I do agree with more dev feedback though. Even though they may be listening, (I, no,) we all need to personally hear them and be able to communicate with them or else the customers may not be happy with what they get.
My personal opinion is that main problem is that Inno is releasing these updates to late for the beta server. They need to test it here first, fix it here, release the "fixed" version here and check if there are still bugs, then release the finalized version on the live servers. (Kind of what they are doing with Guild Wars). I also believe they should give a lot more for reporting bugs like 200 diamonds to our beta account and 20-50 diamonds to the account we choose (though less on the grammatical side like 50 for beta and 10-30 extra for whereever)

It's not even worth the effort reporting errors. Back in Holland a lot of critique about management, pricing and "unannounced" changes. (Eg price increase MT)
All this effort to get 50 diamonds if you are lucky (you need to be 1st in discovering it), so you stop playing, report the error which is roughly worth 3 cent... seriously, make it worth the effort ;)

Yang10

Marquis
Yes, you're totally right!!
The only thing that always replies is the support. But this is the forum and it is to report bugs, talk about new ideas and feedback, etc. They have to listen to our ideas for them to know them and for us to know their oppinon about them.
I've personally never reported a bug, but I really thought that if someone were to get in trouble to actually do it, they'd give you a nice reward, like the one said before.
In my short time at this server, and this forum, the only person from InnoGames ever to reply (if that person is, in fact from InnoGames) was BetaTest 03. Thank you!!!
But going back to the main topic, yes, they should improve the rewards and make this testing WORTH it.
Greeting to everyone, Yang10.

DeletedUser1036

Never heard of betatest03. Anyway, We push your concerns to the devs as much as we can, they do see what you say, and I can look through most of the feedback threads, bug reports, general conversations, and any ideas posted, that are worth looking into, and see Inno Employees names in the bottom list of players who viewed the post. They may be silent, but always know they see your concerns. In the support tickets, any, and all I get that are feedback, ideas, and bugs, again, as long as they are not one sided ideas, or duplicates, get sent to the developers as well.

As to better incentive to play beta, some players here spend their hard earned money on diamonds to be the best, just like they do on the main servers, so if we were to use this world, and give everyone on it a mass amount of diamonds, it would be unfair. I would like the idea of making a straight test world as well though, like world B, giving everyone faster game speed, a substantial amount of coins, supplies, medals, goods, and diamonds, and also push them to at most the beginning of the last age, and let them test in fashion. One would hope more people would actually participate in turning in those bug reports, and support tickets then.

I will talk with who I can to see if there would be any hope of something like this, it may take some time, but I will be sure to reply here as soon as I can.

DeletedUser

They may be silent, but always know they see your concerns.

Yes, but this is the actual problem :( It's very hard to work with someone that just sit silent. How should we know what they think? Do they like it? Do they dislike it? Have they moved on to some other feature? The key here is that both parts join the discussion :)

I will talk with who I can to see if there would be any hope of something like this, it may take some time, but I will be sure to reply here as soon as I can.

Thank you very much Herluth :) This is a great example of how communication should work between the community and the developers :)

DeletedUser

I would like the idea of making a straight test world as well though, like world B, giving everyone faster game speed, a substantial amount of coins, supplies, medals, goods, and diamonds, and also push them to at most the beginning of the last age, and let them test in fashion.
I think that giving players unlimited resources will screw up perception of the game. It may be good to catch technical bugs, but not things like balance, etc. In my opinion, it would be best to copy player's account from his/her "normal" world, as Falcon suggested.

DeletedUser4008

Bugs have a large share in the development of the game. And I don't know how well it would be for us to receive unlimited resources to easily switch to the last age. There may be bugs and in lower ages ... but an aid to move more easily through these era would be welcome and I don't necessarily mean diamonds.
But my big problem(as a colleague above) is the lack of communication and here I am not referring to moderators or admins ... but from the person who can give us useful information necessary for testing the game and for understanding some options. For example:
I have decided to introduce a single legendary when starting a new era because......
I keep territories on the first field map because......
I have decided to change our bonuses because......
I did this/ i did that because......
Is it normal to keep little suspense for us but it seems to me that the game has advanced so much that you let members behind.
A new era it's not something new to us ... it was just a new coloration of the city..so.
i finished in 6 hours, including my city.

Let us acces to information in order to help you improve the game...or to have an idee, a proposal but to have a connection ... because we do dozens of proposals for nothing. And this is because they do not match with any deployments already chosen from you.

DeletedUser

I think that giving players unlimited resources will screw up perception of the game. It may be good to catch technical bugs, but not things like balance, etc.

Yes, but balance is something that can't really be "tested", it's more measured and compared over time :) So these kind of problems are sorted our during longer periods of time on the "normal" servers. This is however a *test*-server, and the purpose of it is to effectively find bugs and mistakes that havn't been found yet. Let me give you an example :)

When ME was released, they wrote in the ME-mission that the mission included testing of all buildings and units, for instance; test that all buildings gave back the right amount of coins and supplies when we sold it. After like 2-3 weeks ME was released on the normal servers. This means that in 2-3 weeks we are going to produce all goods, unlock all techs, collect enough coins/resources, and then test different buildings.

The thing is; there's more focus in playing the game normally than to actually test things really serius. And as a result of this, not all bugs are detected, the ones that get detected are not always sorted out and that is why we end up with so many problems on the normal servers.

This is a test server, and testing is what should be done here :) Allow us to make a copied test account from our main accounts at any time and allow us to fill up all values in game by 1 click, then we can test much more effectively :)

Bugs have a large share in the development of the game. And I don't know how well it would be for us to receive unlimited resources to easily switch to the last age. There may be bugs and in lower ages ...

I think that you've missed the point with what a test server actually is :) A test server is supposed to test *new* features, not old ones. The old features have already been tested and most of the bugs *should* have already been sorted out due to the testing that was done back then. If any more bugs are detected, they are reported from the normal servers and fixed in the next version. Testing that the bug is solved is done at developper stage so that is not something we need to test :)

And, for special things like when they released the bonus area for EMA: As this is a test server, it should ofcouse be possible to jump backwards in the tech tree aswell. Think of it this way; currently only small players can test "early" features, and only large players can test "later" features (i.e new eras). If all testers could jump between all techs (both forward and backwards), *all* players could test whatever is new :)

---------------------------

It is really simple to make the test server work really effective. Implement a test-management-tool that let us:

- Reset the entire tech tree.
- Finish the entire tech tree.
- Reset one age in the tech tree.
- Finish one age in the tech tree.
- Reset one technology in the tech tree.
- Finish one technology in the tech tree.
- Insert 1'000'000 coins.
- Insert 1'000'000 resources.
- Insert 1'000 medals.
- Insert 1'000 of each good.
- Insert 1'000 diamonds.
- Insert 9 blueprints for one GB.
- Insert any special building.
- Level up GBs.
- Level down GBs.
- Add expansion.
- Remove expansion.

And also very important: This is actually a test server. You (InnoGames) should actually be a little ashamed of yourself that you even allow players to *buy* things here. I've never seen any games that accepts cash on a test server :confused:

I think you get the idea :) It sounds OP, but remember that this is a test server :) If you're affraid that people will start playing here instead of the ordinary servers, do a full reset of all accounts after each update :)

DeletedUser1264

A large allowance of resources and normal playing speed would work a lot better for beta testing than unlimited resources and a sped-up world. I think a lot of the kookier ideas our dear, brilliant and good-lookin devs come up with are a result of testing things on a high-speed server where they don't get a proper feel for how much drudgery they're dooming us to with some of these quests and tech requirements.

(I do know many of them play the normal game too, but feel the high-speed test world distorts their perceptions in a bad way anyway.)

So thanks for being willing to make the suggestion, Herluth, but please make it a request for reasonable resource allowances to go along with our diamond allowances, and normal speeds.

DeletedUser1418

@Herluth... I really don't believe that our concerns are taken seriously. I havent seen any. I get answers back... algorithm... cant be changed. Its a computer program for crying out loud... that why we are here!!!

You are giving some people premium accounts to test, but expect me to pay for those diamonds and compete against them. Give every one 100K medals, so we can all have full cities testing

How do you explain The Space Needle Fiasco? How do you explain the 2-lane roads fiasco, with cars still drifting while claiming in the changelog that the fix was applied? How do you explain to thousands of paying customers that InnoGames implement huge price changes without even mentioning it in the changelog? Lets not even talk about the GB rewards, which was also changed without even mentioning it. I really laughed at the comment while weatching InnoGames TV, and I quote: we want to give you more challenges so you can rethink strategy... They actually mean: our CEO sees no-one bying diamond, so program in a way so we can quadruple our profit overnight.

No my view is that InnoGames isnt testing things here. They are simply watching our moves to make even more money. They even ask money to test at Beta.... seriously!

@falcon93: Beta is just another server. Not to test, but make money. If they seriously want to test, they make resource available. In stead, we must pay for them (although against discount, but still)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Give every one 100K medals, so we can all have full cities testing

I absolutely agree :) If they don't want to create a whole program that allows us to fix our account for more effective testing, they could always do what most other games do (maybe it would finally be time to consider this Inno)? As pcsurgeon said above, it's actually really, really simple:

After each update you do, insert the following on all testing accounts:
- 100'000'000 coins.
- 100'000'000 resources.
- 100'000 medals.
- 100'000 diamonds.
- 10'000 large FP-packages.
- 10'000 of each good.

No special mods. No special tools. No increased game phase. Simply just fill up the values so that we can test.

How do you explain the 2-lane roads fiasco (with cars still drifting)

Oh yes, I remember this one :D Actually, there's 2 (two) 2-lane roads fiascos :)

The first one is the one you've already mentioned, with cars drifting.

The second one is the crazy fact that we are forced to build each 2x2 part of road in precise alignment to another 2x2 part. So when building a T-road, we are forced to place the l-part on an "even" square, and not between 2 parts. And as usual, their answer was: "To make the game more challenging!" Serisuly? Why not have static/permanent roads already built in the city, that will surely make it even more challenging!

Maybe it's time to wake up and realise that this is not to make the game more challenging but instead just an excuse so that they'll not need to put in more time and expensive programmers to actually create a 100%-working feature. I'm fine with making a game more strategical and challenging, but forcing your players to connect their roads in a certain way is just a bad mechanic. Can we please once for all agree with this?

@falcon93: Beta is just another server. Not to test, but make money. If they seriously want to test, they make resource available. In stead, we must pay for them (although against discount, but still)

I'm actually starting to think that you're correct :) Maybe they should name it "$$.forgeofempires.com" instead? :D And the forum could be "forum.random.forgeofempires.com" :D I dunno, but currently this is surely not a test server, or they have a totally wrong understanding of a test server :)

DeletedUser1418

One way to fix: Whatever diamonds bought here, also to be credited on normal accounts (- discount of course), I dont care about my game here, this is to test and give feedback.
We should NOT pay to test YOUR problems... seriously...

DeletedUser1418

After each update you do, insert the following on all testing accounts:
- 100'000'000 coins.
- 100'000'000 resources.
- 100'000 medals.
- 100'000 diamonds.
- 10'000 large FP-packages.
- 10'000 of each good.

Looks like my account back at home except for the diamonds... The only difference is I worked my *** off to get this far ;)

Astonishing is that there are beta accounts starting off with these huge amounts of resource. I won't mention names, you only need to check the medal rankings to find out... So there are people "competing" with juiced up accounts, GvG has run into a halt as no-one is able to siege due to lack of resource (test)...

DeletedUser4040

This is the live beta server, we test only in real condition the bugs for fast server speed or :
- Reset the entire tech tree.
- Finish the entire tech tree.
- Reset one age in the tech tree.
- Finish one age in the tech tree.
- Reset one technology in the tech tree.
- Finish one technology in the tech tree.
- Insert 1'000'000 coins.
- Insert 1'000'000 resources.
- Insert 1'000 medals.
- Insert 1'000 of each good.
- Insert 1'000 diamonds.
- Insert 9 blueprints for one GB.
- Insert any special building.
- Level up GBs.
- Level down GBs.
- Add expansion.
- Remove expansion.

it is other "private" server where only inno employees can join....this system is in almost all browser game I play.

DeletedUser4008

it is other "private" server where only inno employees can join....this system is in almost all browser game I play.

After the new changelog..i don.t think they have...or maybe they don.t know to play:)))

DeletedUser4040

After the new changelog..i don.t think they have...or maybe they don.t know to play:)))

or they do not want us to get bored and they give us new bugs too find and report:)))
A game without bugs...is a boring game:D