• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Production buildings menu new arrows

Nick Banned

Merchant
Thanks for removing the auto-focus-zoom-option, I hope it'll never come back ;)

But I must confirm the several posts before: The order in which the buildings appear seems to be magic and not understandable.

Since I've tried to move the black smithes physically in the order, the menue shows me, there is one building (from an other age) which was never showed in the menue again. More specific: I have 6 black smithes (ba), 1 bakery (ema), 1 cooperage (lma) and 2 breweries (lma). And one of the brewerie will never showed in the menue, even if I produce in every building: The second brewerie wont showed.

PacmanII

Farmer
Hi,
I love the arrows to choose fast productions for 5 minutes, 15 minutes etc. But I really dislike when the screen zooms on one of the production building right after: I ALWAYS need to zoom out because I prefer to see most of my city and i need to place again the position of my city in the screen because I sometimes watch for many productions to end (when i do them every 5 minutes to get supplies fast).

You may add a checkbox at the top of the production menu so we select if we want this kind of zoom, or, why not, allow us by this checkbox to select which one of the production menu we want to zoom in (either always the same one(s) or the last production building shown, as it does right now).

Thank you very much!

Thanks! I LOVE IT how it works now.

Last edited:

PacmanII

Farmer
Jeeez... I asked for a screenshot, and got the whole thing on live!???
;)

Ok, all in all not a bad feature, but I fully agree with

I'd really love to hear the explanation from the person* who thought the zoom feature would be a great idea.
Maybe this person never had an own city bigger than five buildings and always plays on max zoom...? :rolleyes:

*sorry, have to watch my language

If I had seen ealier that you wanted a screenshot, i would have provided you one, i'm pretty sure!!! I wasn't sure if the developpers take a look at our feedbacks here or not before publishing the new features for all players on the "official" servers.

PacmanII

Farmer
Seriously? So people hate it, but you can't guarantee that this will be changed? And it was your own fault because you did not test it on enough people on beta! Hmm... I guess that is some food for thought... if peoples opinion and satisfaction is not a goal for a company...

The real goal of a company is profits. But if they want to continue having profit from customers, they must try to please these customer so they continue to be their customers and don't go away!...

I'm happy to say that to those who might not know it, if there are any ;-)

PacmanII

Farmer
- In general a good development.

Two drawbacks for me:

- HATE the auto zoom
- In general I keep about 20 UNUSED blacksmiths ready for event quests that require 20x this or that. I guess I won't be doing that any more because I don't want to have to skip through 20+ buildings every time I produce.
Just click on the X button in the corner after you started the production you wanted. You don't need to start all the 20 productions. I hope there is a keyboard shortcut to close the window for those who use a keyboard shortcut to start a production.

PacmanII

Farmer
When you have only one single building, this autozoom is not there... but in the "old" way when you chose production, window was automaticly closed... now you have to close it... EDIT: This seems to be fixed now.

Regarding testing on beta... it is not the first time that only some people got opprotunity to test something... but I wonder who was testing this... clearly no one competent... or only people who dont go to forums etc... dunno... it is weird...

Well, as an occasional tester, I talked about it as soon as I've seen this a couple of time on test server (see, i am the first comment at the begining of the topic), so they had time to change it before releasing it on live servers. My testing part was done enough, I think.

Last edited:

estrid

Baronet
Thanks for removing the auto-focus-zoom-option, I hope it'll never come back ;)

But I must confirm the several posts before: The order in which the buildings appear seems to be magic and not understandable.

Since I've tried to move the black smithes physically in the order, the menue shows me, there is one building (from an other age) which was never showed in the menue again. More specific: I have 6 black smithes (ba), 1 bakery (ema), 1 cooperage (lma) and 2 breweries (lma). And one of the brewerie will never showed in the menue, even if I produce in every building: The second brewerie wont showed.
Yes. I try to collect only one type of event buildings. i.e. those that I plan to set for a specific time, but don't always succeed. It were much easier if they were offered in order, like first cider mills, then terrace farms, and then sleigh builders. That way it were easier to stop setting when the "wrong" building comes around. But I'm now very happy (that awful zoom removed) with this feature, because on browser I can just press the shortcut button down and get all the buildings set to a specific time.

Nick Banned

Merchant
I didn't found any hints in the change logs, but it seems you've corrected the sort order in production menue. Thanks very much for this minor correction