• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: Problem with private messages when GB attachment in it

Tanmay11

Regent
@Dudettas someone without rights was able to create a message in guild tab, i cant delete or lock the thread even though i have rights.

EDIT, asked another player to create a thread, which i was able to delete, as it didn't contain attachments.

same with older threads, some can me deleted, other can't be(the one with attachments).

Last edited:

Nessie

Baronet
There was nothing wrong with the message center. They went ahead and changed it and now it's a disaster.

I work in engineering; the first rule is "don't fix something that's not broken".

InnoGames tends to take something away from us that worked wonderfully and give us crap that nobody asked about, that nobody wants and that is bugged too. Message Center is a good example. In addition, it takes a long time before everything works again - I don't know why. Inability? Indifference ?

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
InnoGames tends to take something away from us that worked wonderfully and give us crap that nobody asked about, that nobody wants and that is bugged too. Message Center is a good example. In addition, it takes a long time before everything works again - I don't know why. Inability? Indifference ?
Many players were not satisfied with the old message center and there were dozens of suggestions on changing it. Inno did a decent job of implementing some of them - i personally would have expected even more changes to make live easier for the players - that silly bugs pop up is something that happens and is to be expected on a beta server. They should not make it to the live servers though...

CrashBoom

Legend
things must have bugs here on beta
if everything would work perfectly when it is released the beta server would be obsolete and closed

Crash Test Dummies
they only exist because car drivers make accidents

and the beta server only exists because bugs are made

Lady FB

Farmer
I discovered that I can still talk with players individually as long as the player to player thread did not contain a previously posted attachment. However, I cannot talk to someone individually if there has been an attachment. How do I start a new individual thread with someone? I added a title and it just appended the conversation to the old thread that was locked. I hope I am making sense.

pnumekin

Farmer
I do not understand the process here. I work for engineering too. If a major bug like this is found on a beta server after an update, we immediately perform a roll back and investigate on the alpha server. Yes it is normal to find bugs on a beta server, but this is something that used to work fine. Why does it take decades to correct it?

wagon

Farmer
Seems like the reasonable approach would be to load the version that was working and let engineering sort through the issues until the code is once again beta ready. The purpose of Beta has never been to make users/customers suffer through a s/w quality escape or design error (aka bug), instead it is intended to help validate the code and identify any issues that may slip through quality control.

Mr.Man65

Farmer
i think the trading-threads has the same bug ?
O92gutR.png

@pnumekin
No others was work in the technical industry does understand what the problem is that Inno does not invite a roll back if an update is buggy.

Lady FB

Farmer
Perhaps it is a way to encourage players to migrate to mobile only. But then they would have to suffer the wait for events to roll out on mobile.

Perhaps it is a way to encourage players to migrate to mobile only.
LOL I hope not. OK I do have the game on my phone for my worlds on the live server. It is a good little tool. It tells me when my production is ready to be picked up in each pf my worlds, it tells me when my FP bar is full, when an auction is about to start or finish, When my settlement is due for collecting. I love that. Yes I have tried playing the game on my phone. But as the main platform to play the game on. That does not appeal to me at all.

Hawkeye5

Farmer
Message Center is not working properly preventing effective interaction with guild mates.

Attachments

• Beta Report 1 - Message Center Displaying Incorrectly.pdf
    333.7 KB · Views: 7

JosefD

Merchant
yes, it still does not work correctly. Sometimes when you open a message you see a different one from what you see in the list. I wonder why it takes so long to fix this. Oh, and please do NOT bring it into the live soervers! Please first solve the bug!

Nessie

Baronet
Why isn't this bug fixed yet??? Oh right, it`s holy weekend :(

We cannot push our GBs or do other things properly while InnoGames simply doesn`t care.

I`m not the only one beeing furious about that

CrashBoom

Legend
actually it is an IQ test

many guilds fail
but a few have found the solution

new messages with writing the GB instead of posting them

Oh, and please do NOT bring it into the live soervers! Please first solve the bug!
but which bugs should they bring to the live servers ?

Nessie

Baronet
actually it is an IQ test

that some don`t pass, mostly those that believe they are so smart and know everything. We meet them in the forum everyday LOL

App works and with PC text messages do work but in this case some threads ought to be opened a second time which confuses everyone