• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Cannot Reproduce: population bounce/allows invalid builds

DeletedUser1197

Just got another expansion, in juggling buildings around to make space for something else to go in, I moved several population generators (cottage, red tile house and chalet) and population jumped from 129 to 409. I went to build that additional building and it would have allowed me to place it, but before I did, I noticed that my population had bounced for no valid reason and didn't build.

The population remained wrong until the red tiled houses generated their 21g/15min cycle. Then it reset to 129 instead of 409( I think it was 409...definitely 400+), thought I'd report this minor bug, it might cause invalid builds in future if folks don't notice the pop bounce and get them stuck with the neg population thing going.

DeletedUser1223

They know about this, but more details about possible circumstances might help find the causes.
If you experience an unexpected change of population it's best to refresh the game, usually correcting the display error and preventing you from really running into negative population.

DeletedUser

The pop fluctuations usually happen while having residential buildings under construction and at the same time doing stuff that gains/costs resources, like collecting coins, or recruiting troops. This issue is quite old, seems difficult to find the cause, I've not found a 100% reproducible pattern myself yet.

Sovereign

Inhouse Community Manager
I've been asked to replicate this ingame before also, and not been overly successful. I'll try again.

DeletedUser1223

I've been asked to replicate this ingame before also, and not been overly successful. I'll try again.
[...]This issue is quite old, seems difficult to find the cause, I've not found a 100% reproducible pattern myself yet.
Don't, you can't win this. It's a bug that CAN appear in quite a few cirumstances, but like Hansi you'll never find a pattern. It's a really old and well known problem, if there was a way to reproduce it would be fixed by now. And by very old we're talking 6+ months or so.