• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Please listen to the players

DeletedUser7107

To the best of my knowledge the current 'delay' issue was an unforeseen side-effect of a fix for the issue where you needed to refresh after every 2 quest-cancels in order to properly see a new quest. Imho a roll-back to that issue would be more interfering with player experience ;)

Sometimes it is unfortunately inevitable that an issue reported on beta will reach the live-servers. It is simply impossible to just detach a part of the game, so as always the pros and cons will be weighed before a new release goes out and in this case the pros won...
what pros? most of us had no problem with the quest overview. now you have definitely interfered with my game experience AND my entire game strategy. Why is it so difficult to fix something without screwing something else up? Coding is not that difficult, if you know what you are doing From the link above it was an html5 error . And we don't have html5 on the live servers but you imported the problem there anyway
I spend a significant amount of money on this game and I am really sick of the incompetence.

NormaJeane

Viceroy
what pros? most of us had no problem with the quest overview. now you have definitely interfered with my game experience AND my entire game strategy. Why is it so difficult to fix something without screwing something else up? Coding is not that difficult, if you know what you are doing From the link above it was an html5 error . And we don't have html5 on the live servers but you imported the problem there anyway
I spend a significant amount of money on this game and I am really sick of the incompetence.

Sorry to contradict you, however I can understand where your confusion comes from:
although it was originally reported as an HTML5 error, this wasn't confined to HTML5 only.
(Whenever a fix is solely for HTML5 it will show the HTML5-prefix in the changelog.)

On the pros:
I kindly suggest you read the game-release-info on your local server and/or the beta changelogs ;)

Last edited:

DeletedUser7779

Sorry to contradict you, however I can understand where your confusion comes from:
although it was originally reported as an HTML5 error, this wasn't confined to HTML5 only.
(Whenever a fix is solely for HTML5 it will show the HTML5-prefix in the changelog.)

On the pros:
I kindly suggest you read the game-release-info on your local server and/or the beta changelogs ;)
Uhm i agree with David here, i had no issues with quests on live servers before the "fix".
Official statement on US server is :
  • We have made additional improvements to the way new quests are displayed and animated in the quest overview.
I'd like to ask what are those improvements, because all i see is a lag when aborting quests....

NormaJeane

Viceroy
Uhm i agree with David here, i had no issues with quests on live servers before the "fix".
Official statement on US server is :
  • We have made additional improvements to the way new quests are displayed and animated in the quest overview.
I'd like to ask what are those improvements, because all i see is a lag when aborting quests....

I believe this was at least one improvement:
"Fixed an issue where quest animations and quest loading was not displaying correctly if you cancelled more than 1 quest in a row".

Btw, I do not have the intention to start a Yes/No game here on the subject.
However there were other issues as well and I certainly do not deny that there still are issues, which are being worked on.

Last edited:

DeletedUser7779

So you fixed an issue which was happening in some limited cases (i haven't had any problems with animations and none of my guildies haven't had either) to screw up quest cycling?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I did have issues before (off an on for a few months) where i'd have to refresh my game to get things to keep going - sometimes it was quests triggering it - but then it could be almost anything in game that would suddenly start spinning its wheels. I still have issues now some days. Mostly i suspect their servers are being run on hamsters that are near the end of their life expectancy and take rests now and then. (Or in reality that they're having trouble serving the bandwidth draw on them now and their platform doesn't tolerate packet loss well). Games that should be much more demanding have had no issue.

Last edited:

RedRed

Viceroy
on live server now I have the delay + often while cycling a new quest appears partially hidden, with buttons zone below the bottom margin of the quest window (both issues delivered with latest update)... not really sure what was supposed to be fixed :confused:

DeletedUser

on live server now I have the delay + often while cycling a new quest appears partially hidden, with buttons zone below the bottom margin of the quest window (both issues delivered with latest update)... not really sure what was supposed to be fixed :confused:

The auto scrolling to new quests issue has already been fixed here on Beta as indicated in the daily changelogs i post, specifically last Thursday found here.
As to the button delay in the quest overview it is being looked into. However this is not a game breaking issue with the mechanics.
If some feel it's inconvenient in their normal routine of farming recurring quests I understand that, but it is in no way a critical issue.

Sorry all, I have only played the game since 2013, and been a support member of it since 2014 across more than one server, but I don't quite understand all the upset over a minor delay in this mechanic, unless it was being exploited in the first place.
In reality Forge is InnoGames game, and as with all games the designers and developers have every right to direct it in whatever direction they choose. I know some of my core group here will hammer me over this post, but it doesn't necessarily mean my point is without merit.
As I said, it is still being looked into. Let's not jump off the cliff quite yet :D

Just saying ;)

RedRed

Viceroy
Thank you zarok, in all these changelog I've missed the fix here (can't try it in beta but I trust the changelog) :)

but I don't quite understand all the upset over a minor delay in this mechanic
one of the most popular recurring quest is "donate X FP", this delay sums with:
- the dalay on the points donate buttons; (double delay)
- for browser players, the advantage of the app player on donating; browser players have to donate as fast as possible to not be burned by app players; who choose to donate at once to mimimize this risk is already upset because he can't iterate over the quests, who challenge the fate isn't happy at all seeing multiplied the delay and the risk...
- I don't know if the delay applies even for App players, but who sacrifices the donating hyperspeed to make some recuring quest can't be happy on a delay - and if they don't have it, it's just another point in the app vs browser speed advantages;

Last edited:

DeletedUser7107

On the pros:

I kindly, and respectfully, suggest you start listening to the players and quit making excuses for the poor job done coding. When your "fix" for a problem few of us experienced, causes a problem for the many, there is something wrong..
recurring quests have been a feature of the game for a long time. They are meant to be done over and over again, thus the term "recurring". You r "fix" has slowed this down greatly. We ask that you fix your fix, not make excuses.
thank you

DeletedUser7107

What
The auto scrolling to new quests issue has already been fixed here on Beta as indicated in the daily changelogs i post, specifically last Thursday found here.
As to the button delay in the quest overview it is being looked into. However this is not a game breaking issue with the mechanics.
If some feel it's inconvenient in their normal routine of farming recurring quests I understand that, but it is in no way a critical issue.

Sorry all, I have only played the game since 2013, and been a support member of it since 2014 across more than one server, but I don't quite understand all the upset over a minor delay in this mechanic, unless it was being exploited in the first place.
In reality Forge is InnoGames game, and as with all games the designers and developers have every right to direct it in whatever direction they choose. I know some of my core group here will hammer me over this post, but it doesn't necessarily mean my point is without merit.
As I said, it is still being looked into. Let's not jump off the cliff quite yet :D

Just saying ;)

Again, listen to the players. They pay the bills. And making use of a feature of the game is not "exploiting" and that was a cheap shot

DeletedUser

So while the abort slowness is not really part of the OP in this thread, let's pursue it.
If someone could provide a video clip showing the delay clearly could you please post it here. We prefer to see it in players accounts than just our own. I will then add it to my report requesting it be improved. Thanks all.

DeletedUser7107

I created a video,
So while the abort slowness is not really part of the OP in this thread, let's pursue it.
If someone could provide a video clip showing the delay clearly could you please post it here. We prefer to see it in players accounts than just our own. I will then add it to my report requesting it be improved. Thanks all.

I created a video, however when I try to upload the file using the button below it cannot be seen. Any suggestions?

DeletedUser8880

Why cant there be a list of quests .Click on the one you want and open Job done surely .I thought the Cycling thru Quests was allegedly an importnat fix on an update not that long ago .Worked the once on one quest and never seen it again ( live server )
The Live server Cycling does seem to be slightly improved I must say

DeletedUser7107

For many players the lag will not be an issue. The many players that do heavy questing can easily do 100+ quests a day. in which case it becomes a very definite issue. And, as has been noted, when coupled with the slowness of donating FP on a desktop PC, the problem becomes double aggravating. I have had to abandon heavy questing totally on beta because of the combination of the two, However I still do heavy questing extensively on the live servers. Fortunately they did not export the problem with fp donations to the live servers

DeletedUser7107

Were you able to get your video on youtube?

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=7yZq5VuUBsA
note: prior to the fix it was possible to click the abort button before the new window came completely to rest. now it is necessary to wait until it comes to a complete stop and the abort button lights up. A heavy quester may cycle through the recurring quests as many as 100 times in a day, and there are many of us that do heavy questing.

Last edited by a moderator: